Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Belize

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 29th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Reputable Shore Excursion Companies in Belize?

We need something to do in Belize! I haven’t read too many great things about Belize so we don’t plan on walking around and staying at the port. I usually book all my excursions through Carnival, but we just can’t find anything appealing right now. I need recommendations of reputable shore excursion companies and I WOULD LOVE recommendations of excursions you tried and liked! Thanks!!!

Old April 29th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

www.cave-tubing.com is a great cave tubing company. My husband and I recommend this company to everyone we meet that is heading to belize on a cruise.

Old April 29th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Coral Breeze tours are really good

Next Up Carnival Triumph,10/21/13 Carnival Magic, 3/16/14 RCCL Navigator, 11/16/14

Old May 1st, 2012, 10:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Way To Go Tours is also a good one, they cater to big and small groups and can take you basically anywhere inland and offshore

Old May 7th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

We'd second the Coral Breeze Tours suggestion.
We did their snorkeling tour this past week, on 5/02, & there were about 18 snorkeling on a 49' boat so there was plenty of room for all. Heni led her group on a wonderful snorkel trip thru the reef as well as a fun time with the Rays & Nurse Sharks. Lunch was very good on Caye Caulker as well.
Look up their site for all of their info.
Bill in FL

Ad Sponsored By
Old May 17th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

have you tried Belize Cruise Excursions?

Old May 18th, 2012, 10:31 PM
10,000+ Club

You didn't mention what you like to do? Are you just looking for a tour of the island or want to swim/snorkel/beach or cave tubing? If you give us some type of idea on what you like to do, it would be easier to make recommendations.

Old May 19th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Belize with kids

We will be on Carnival Dream in July. We are looking for a shore excursion to do with our two boys. We would like to find an all inclusive beach day. Or something pretty laid back (our 7 year old is autistic).

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Laura

Old June 16th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Best in belize

We just returned from our cruise the first week in June and we used Nacho and Cynthia (NCQADVENTURETOURS.COM) for zip lining and cave tubing in Belize. We had a really great time and my MIL broke the record for the oldest person to zip line (74). She loved it and can't wait to go again. The day was first class all the way! The tubes for cave tubing are very comfortable with a bottom and headrest. Nacho and Cynthia's knowledge of Belize is amazing and he will entertain you both to and from the zip line and cave tubing destination. They are very accommodating and make sure to keep an eye on the time so you get back to the dock on time. Everyone in our family, from 15 to 74 can't stop talking about what a GREAT time we had with Nacho and Cynthia in Belize and can't wait to go back again.Make sure to provide Nacho with a phone number when making your reservations as he personally calls everyone to confirm.
P.S. We used a large company for the same excursion previously and had a HORRIBLE experience, so we HIGHLY recommend the personal attention of Nacho and Cynthia.

Old June 16th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks! that sounds really great, i think we're going to take you up on your suggestion!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruisingkouple View Post
We just returned from our cruise the first week in June and we used Nacho and Cynthia (NCQADVENTURETOURS.COM) for zip lining and cave tubing in Belize. We had a really great time and my MIL broke the record for the oldest person to zip line (74). She loved it and can't wait to go again. The day was first class all the way! The tubes for cave tubing are very comfortable with a bottom and headrest. Nacho and Cynthia's knowledge of Belize is amazing and he will entertain you both to and from the zip line and cave tubing destination. They are very accommodating and make sure to keep an eye on the time so you get back to the dock on time. Everyone in our family, from 15 to 74 can't stop talking about what a GREAT time we had with Nacho and Cynthia in Belize and can't wait to go back again.Make sure to provide Nacho with a phone number when making your reservations as he personally calls everyone to confirm.
P.S. We used a large company for the same excursion previously and had a HORRIBLE experience, so we HIGHLY recommend the personal attention of Nacho and Cynthia.

Old June 20th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

For a laid back day ---- Manatee Watch, Reef Snorkeling, and Beach Break with Coral Breeze Tours

just google! I have son with spectrum issues -- I think it would have been fine for him at a younger age!

RCCL Jewel of the Seas - Dec 14, 2013. & Feb 7, 2015.
NCL Sky, 2013
Carnival Miracle, 2012
HAL Eurodam, 2009
Carnival Glory, 2008
Carnival Sensation, 2007

"And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music"

They drove south one winter until they could stand outside with no coats on.......
and we never saw them again

Old June 20th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruisingkouple View Post

May I ask what company you used previously that you didn't like? We heard cave-tubing.com was the way to go and have a reservation with them for this September, but if Nacho and Cynthia would be better I may switch. Thanks!

Carnival Legend 2012

The Big Red Boat 1998

Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

We used Island Marketing and I'm not sure who they contracted with but I highly recommend the personal attention of Nacho and Cynthia! I also forgot to mention the wonderful lunch that was included.

Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

We also booked Coral Breeze, and will recommend them.

Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

We went with Reggie's Tours the last time we were in Belize and had a great time

89-Dolphine Cruise Line, SS Dolphin IV 93-Carnival Fantasy 00-Carnival Imagination 01-Carnival Victory 03-Carnival Glory 05-Carnival Legend 11-Carnival Fascination
12-Carnival Ecstasy, 12-Imagination, 13-Dream

Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Can't say enough about Rendezvouse Caye Island. We purchased the excursion thru Carnival and found it to be a reasonable price per person and included the boat ride and equipment. We were picked up from the ship for a forty minute boat ride with informative and intersting facts, maps and photos of Belize and its history shared by enthusiastic tour employees, while equipment was being matched to your size. The island is small, picturesque and Cozy (something you would expect to find as a screen savor photo for your PC) The snorkel equipment was the newest I've seen on any of our excursions. I had no concerns using the equipment. The staff was very freindly, helpful and 3 levels of snorkel fit everyones needs for an enjoyable experience. My husband prefers the scenery of diving but said the coral and sea life was well worth it and he got lots of beautiful under water photographs.
Burgers, and dogs were cooked to order and VERY reasonably priced. Drinks and snacks were available as well as fresh made coconut drinks made with the local Belize Rum "One Barrell". These too were very reasonably priced and generous portions.
Beautiful clean white sand, shade palapa's, clean restooms and changing rooms added to the list of conveniences.
My only complaint: I would have liked to have stayed longer, but Carnival only gave us a 7 hour stop. I look forward to returning to this Beautiful ocean isle again soon, but I think I will book directly with www.AWholiday.com
Rodney with the tour company said the island is available for private functions such as reunion's and weddings and is comfortable for as many as 300 people. A wedding/event coordinator is also available to help plan an unforgetable event. Contact www.AWholiday.com for directly for all tours and pricing.

C-03/2013 Magic
C-07/2012 Legend
C-11/2008 Ecstacy
R-05/2006 Grandeur of the sea
R-11/2004 Monarch of the sea
R-04/2004 Rhasody of the sea
C-05/2003 Jubilee
C-04/2002 Destiny
C-10/2000 Paradise
C-04/98 Jubilee
R-08/97 Soveriegn of the sea

Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Goff's Cay

Going on a cruise this coming January to Belize/Roatan.......looking for a tour for Belize. Was thinking of Goff's Cay. Anyone been there?