Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

East Coast Departures
Baltimore, Boston, Cape Liberty, Charleston, Montreal, New York, Norfolk, & Philadelphia l

Old April 29th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Hello Everybody --- could use your help

I have found over the years this is the place to get info --- I have cruise on royal hubby friends and somefamily have not --- I am looking into cruising out New Jersey---if anyone here on thses boards could answer a few questions I would appeciated it very much.

Parking--- how much ---and how is 0it set up-- any help with handicapped person with a Jazzy wheel chair ?
just these two to start---

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 29th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

I believe the parking is $11 per day and it is right at the cruise port fenced in and monitored...there are special handicapped parking spots close to the entrance and I am sure if you needed assistance an employee there would be able to help with the wheelchair...you may want to call them ahead of time to check though (not sure of the number but look up cape liberty port and there will probably be a customer service number)

Old April 29th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile PinkLemonade

Thank you, wow great ---- If there are any more question I know where to come .

Old April 29th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Parking

Parking was $19/day the last time we left from Bayonne, NJ
Explorer of the Seas 2010
Serenade of the Seas 2011
Navigator of the Seas 2012
Navigator of the Seas 2012
Explorer of the Seas 2012
Liberty of the Seas 2013
Explorer of the Seas 2013
Freedoom of the Seas 2013
Freedom of the Seas 2014

Old April 29th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

If you are talking about Bayonne, the parking is $19/day. A bunch of us cruised out of Bayonne last year and we carpooled with a van to save parking cost.

one person in our party had foot issue and couldn't walk long distance and wanted to rent a wheelchair. But turned out there was a bus to shuttle everyone to the ship so it wasn't needed after all.
Celebrity Classic
Holland America Star Mariner

8/2013 - Carnival Breeze
11/2013 - Celebrity Equinox
... and many more planned ...

Cruise Ship - Ticker

Old April 29th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Port of Cape Liberty Bayonne NJ info

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser12 View Post
I have found over the years this is the place to get info --- I have cruise on royal hubby friends and somefamily have not --- I am looking into cruising out New Jersey---if anyone here on thses boards could answer a few questions I would appeciated it very much.

Parking--- how much ---and how is 0it set up-- any help with handicapped person with a Jazzy wheel chair ?
just these two to start---
The cost is $19 per day paid in advance credit card or cash.

info on RCCL website

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/custom...31&faqType=faq

You first discharge your passanger and luggage then you make 2 lefts
to the parking lot. VERY VERY CLOSE 1/2 block to drop off point.

Jeff

Past Cruises:
RCCL Explorer of the Seas - May 2009 5 NIGHT BERMUDA CRUISE
RCCL Explorer of the Seas - Nov 2009 8 NIGHT BAHAMAS THANKSGIVING CRUISE
RCCL Explorer of the Seas - Nov 2010 9 NIGHT EASTERN CARIBBEAN THANKSGIVING CRUISE
RCCL Explorer of the Seas - Nov 2011 11 NIGHT SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN THANKSGIVING CRUISE
RCCL Explorer of the Seas - Nov 2012 9 NIGHT EASTERN CARIBBEAN THANKSGIVING CRUISE
Celebrity Century- Sept 2013 11 NIGHT ULTIMATE ALASKA & CANADIAN PORTS CRUISE

Old April 29th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

oops my bad? lol I knew it was $19 I don't know why I typed $11

Old April 29th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Bayone--- yes

Thanks to all --- for the info --- next question --- would any one here experiance or seen if any of the buses have a lift --- for a person who has to be in the wheel chair ?

Old April 30th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser12 View Post
Thanks to all --- for the info --- next question --- would any one here experiance or seen if any of the buses have a lift --- for a person who has to be in the wheel chair ?
Yes they do!

Old April 30th, 2012, 07:41 AM
10,000+ Club

It's very easy with someone in a wheelchair. Does this person have any mobility at all to get in and out of the car? I sailed from Bayonne 5 times with my mother in a wheelchair.

Let me give you a few more details. You can pull into the drop off and unload your luggage and your passenger. Tell the guy directing traffic you have a passenger in a wheelchair and need assistance. He should direct you to a handicapped unloading area that is close to the terminal entrance. Look around for an RCL employee (not a porter) and tell them you need wheelchair assistance - they will get you someone to stay with your passenger while you park the car.

As someone said from the drop off area you make a left and a left to get into the parking area where you pay at the entrance. Go half way through the lot and make a left towards a break in the chain link fence. Cross the entrance road again (there should be a guy there to stop traffic) and go to the lot on the other side of the road which is where all the handicapped parking is (and there's lots of it). Park the car - you will be very close to the end of the white tent and the terminal entrance.

The bus to the ship is easy. Someone from RCL will put your passenger on the bus. The buses all have a fold out ramp in the front that is easy for a wheelchair. At the other end someone from RCL will wheel your passenger onto the ship and all the way up to the Windjammer for lunch. It's not required to tip, but we always did tip according to how much help we got and how long the person spent with us. Sometimes we got nice young men who stayed with us through the whole process. Other times we got handed off from point to point.

When you disembark, park your person out of the fray in the customs area while you find all your luggage. Once you have everything, get a porter to facilitate getting through immigration. The porter can take ALL your luggage while you manage the wheelchair. Tell them you are parked in the handicapped area and want to go to your car - they will wheel everything to your car (this is why you want to park in the handicapped parking right next to the terminal). I usually tipped about $20 for a pile of luggage and this service.

Carol