Inaugural Cruise! June 3rd 2012! BREEZE ROLL CALL Pt 3

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:11 AM.
Ewing, NJ
2,498 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Hi Everyone!

I have created a new thread for your continued posting pleasure. The original roll call can be found here:

Inaugural Cruise! June 3rd 2012! BREEZE ROLL CALL

The Part two thread can be found here:

Inaugural Cruise! June 3rd 2012! BREEZE ROLL CALL Pt 2
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jenn
Senior Community Support
Contact Us

Submit your cruise review with photos for a chance to win Cruise Critic Logo gear. A prize is awarded weekly.
Singapore
2,768 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Wow... the day finally came! Part III !!

Thought we could continue and break records for the number of posts in a single thread!

CC never knew what hit them!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe

MSC Cruises - May 2018 - Northern Europe
Carnival Vista - September 2016 - Mediterranean
Celebrity Infinity - Feb/Mar 2015 - South America/Antarctica
Carnival Legend - Sep/Oct 2013 - Transatlantic

Carnival Breeze - June 2012 - Mediterranean
Coral Princess - May 2011 - Alaska
Singapore
2,768 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Posted by Ange: Learn to share Joe... jeez! Can I have a bite of that lobster?

Ange.... have you seen those documentaries on tigers feeding in the wild?? Ever seen them sharing their kill?? If you value your hands... please don't try.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe

Rosedale, NY
1,926 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
I go away for 2 hours to do work and I come back to this!!!! Wow this is hillarious! I wonder if we are setting a record with CC???
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CARNIVAL LEGEND - July 2013 (London, Denmark, Berlin, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Amsterdamn)
CARNIVAL SPLENDOR - March 2013 (Orlando, Nassau, Freeport)
CARNIVAL BREEZE - June 2012 (Venice, Dubrovnik, Athens, Izmir, Sicily, Sardinia, Rome, Livorno, Monaco, France, Barcelona)
NORWEGIAN PEARL - September 2011 (Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria)
ROYAL CARIBBEAN OASIS OF THE SEAS - October 2010 (Haiti, Costa Maya, Cozumel)
CARNIVAL LIBERTY- August 2010 (Half Moon Cay, San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk)
CARNIVAL DREAM - October 2009 (Rome, Naples, Croatia, Venice, Sicily, Monaco, Barcelona, Florence)
NORWEGIAN SKY - August 2009 (Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay)
DISNEY WONDER - February 2009 (Nassau, Castaway Cay)
ROYAL CARIBBEAN GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS - April 2008 (San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola, St. Maarteen, Bermuda)
CARNIVAL GLORY - September 2007 (Mexico, Honduras, Belize, Bahamas)
CARNIVAL ELATION - August 2006 (Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas, Nassau)
CARNIVAL PARADISE - May 2002 (San Juan, St. Thomas, Nassau)
Alberta, Canada
1,568 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
I guess 11,222 was their breaking point.

I blurted out to some friends this weekend that there were still cabins available on the ship, and they could come with us if they wanted. Not sure why I said it, because I sure don't want to have to re-schedule excursions, etc. Ugh! Why don't I think before I open my big mouth. I'm pretty sure they won't decide to join us. fingers crossed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Judy

Past Cruises:
Carnival Liberty December/07 (Nassau, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios) Carnival Liberty Review
Carnival Miracle November/08 (Panama, Belize, Costa Rica) Carnival Miracle Review
HAL Zuiderdam September/11 (Alaska) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1498415
Carnival Victory January/12 (Barbados, St Thomas, St Lucia, St Maarten, St Kitts)
Carnival Breeze Inaugural June/12 (Croatia, Turkey, Italy, Monte Carlo, Barcelona)
Eastern Canada
1,497 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by MaximusCruiser
Ange.... have you seen those documentaries on tigers feeding in the wild?? Ever seen them sharing their kill?? If you value your hands... please don't try.
And here I thought we were getting along I guess here's where I throw out again that my family fishes lobster and I can have it for free quite a lot

Originally posted by Prairie_Gal

I blurted out to some friends this weekend that there were still cabins available on the ship, and they could come with us if they wanted. Not sure why I said it, because I sure don't want to have to re-schedule excursions, etc. Ugh! Why don't I think before I open my big mouth. I'm pretty sure they won't decide to join us. fingers crossed.
We have friends who joined after the fact Judy... we made it clear that we would accomodate when we could, but that we wouldn't be replanning everything we already had sorted... and they were all good with that.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Travel Blog: https://tothefullerist.wordpress.com/

Next Up:
RCCL Anthem of the Seas (10/17) - Cape Canaveral, CocoCay, Nassau
RCCL Adventure of the Seas (02/18) - St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados

Past Cruises:
NCL Breakaway (05/17) - Bermuda * Carnival Vista (09/16) - Greece, Malta, Italy, Spain, France * RCCL Oasis of the Seas (04/16) - Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico * Carnival Breeze (09/15) - Aruba, Curacao, Dominican Republic, and Turks and Caicos * RCCL Jewel of the Seas (02/15) - St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, and St. Kitts * Carnival Sunshine (01/14) - Key West and the Bahamas * Carnival Legend (07/13) - England, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Russia, Estonia, and the Netherlands * Carnival Destiny (01/13) - Bahamas and Turks and Caicos * Carnival Breeze (06/12) - Italy, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Monaco, and Croatia * Carnival Magic (01/12) - Mexico, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands * Caribbean Princess (04/11) - St. Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, and Aruba * Carnival Freedom (01/11) - Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and the Bahamas * Carnival Miracle (03/10) - St. Kitts, St. Maarten, and St. Lucia * Carnival Dream (10/09) Italy, Croatia, and Spain * Carnival Freedom (05/09) - Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize * Carnival Legend (01/09) - Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and Cayman Islands
Singapore
2,768 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Originally posted by agavin
And here I thought we were getting along I guess here's where I throw out again that my family fishes lobster and I can have it for free quite a lot
If we ever visit each other, I can just see the gift exchange process... you handing me lobsters while I hand you mangoes.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe

Tehachapi, Ca
585 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
How much are sun transfers taxi charging and what time have you asked to be collected?

Tracey

Hey Tracy try this site
http://www.suntransfers.com/reservation.php?step=1
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tomas

Carnival Vista-Europe 9/13/16
Legend of the Seas-Panama Canal 3/30/2015
Carnival Dream-Western Caribbean 2013
Carnival Breeze-Medeterranean 2012
Radiance of the Seas-Hawaii Circle Cruise 2006
Carnival Elation-MEXICAN RIVIERA 2000
Carnival Elation-MEXICAN RIVIERA 1998
Carnival Fantasy-Bahamas 1992

http://www.travelpod.com/members/smokey_travl
Eastern Canada
1,497 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
If we ever visit each other, I can just see the gift exchange process... you handing me lobsters while I hand you mangoes.
And just to clarify for anyone only sort of following along here, we're not using these are code words ... it's really lobsters and mangos.

If we're all as much fun "in real life" as we seem to be on here... I forsee several new places I need to go visit, and Singapore is on the list
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Next Up:
RCCL Adventure of the Seas (02/18) - St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados

Past Cruises:
NCL Breakaway (05/17) - Bermuda * Carnival Vista (09/16) - Greece, Malta, Italy, Spain, France * RCCL Oasis of the Seas (04/16) - Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico * Carnival Breeze (09/15) - Aruba, Curacao, Dominican Republic, and Turks and Caicos * RCCL Jewel of the Seas (02/15) - St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, and St. Kitts * Carnival Sunshine (01/14) - Key West and the Bahamas * Carnival Legend (07/13) - England, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Russia, Estonia, and the Netherlands * Carnival Destiny (01/13) - Bahamas and Turks and Caicos * Carnival Breeze (06/12) - Italy, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Monaco, and Croatia * Carnival Magic (01/12) - Mexico, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands * Caribbean Princess (04/11) - St. Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, and Aruba * Carnival Freedom (01/11) - Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and the Bahamas * Carnival Miracle (03/10) - St. Kitts, St. Maarten, and St. Lucia * Carnival Dream (10/09) Italy, Croatia, and Spain * Carnival Freedom (05/09) - Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize * Carnival Legend (01/09) - Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and Cayman Islands
Tehachapi, Ca
585 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Thanks for the info on the airport bus Joe. We are about 3 blocks west of Catalunya Place at the Hotel Jazz. It may be hard enough to get Gail up that early let alone have her walk to the bus. The price difference may help. I wanted to stay till Sunday but she wants to get home and have a day before going back to the salt mines.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tomas

Eastern Canada
1,497 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by UncleT
Thanks for the info on the airport bus Joe. We are about 3 blocks west of Catalunya Place at the Hotel Jazz. It may be hard enough to get Gail up that early let alone have her walk to the bus. The price difference may help. I wanted to stay till Sunday but she wants to get home and have a day before going back to the salt mines.
This is likely much smarter than my approach of getting home late Sunday night and having to be in the office 6 hours later... but in my defence, Air Canada did muck with my flights after the fact... I was supposed to have 11 hours before coming back to work
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Next Up:

Past Cruises:
Munich, Germany
346 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Yay part III

Tomorrow is a holiday and because I only work part time from Tuesday to Friday I have a nice long weekend. Therefore I got a lot of things done and free time and good weather (78-82F) just love it.

Yesterday I made a packing list and the first things we only need on cruises are piled in the spare room, oh and the piñata is done
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marjam

Sailed
Carnival Breeze 6-3-2012
Carnival Valor 2-8-2009

If my memory serves me right, I´ll never turn back time.
Tehachapi, Ca
585 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by agavin
This is likely much smarter than my approach of getting home late Sunday night and having to be in the office 6 hours later... but in my defence, Air Canada did muck with my flights after the fact... I was supposed to have 11 hours before coming back to work
Ouch! That is going to be a long day for you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tomas

Phoenix, Arizona
6,284 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by Prairie_Gal

If they bring it up, say, "Nope, it's full now".
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Unofficial Team Captain,
2017 CRUISE CHEERLEADING SQUAD
and member
of the.......

189 days at sea so far:
Mexican Riviera, Carnival Jubilee, 1992

Southern Caribbean, Carnival Fascination, 1997

Mexican Riviera, Carnival Elation, 1999

Alaska & Denali, Dawn Princess, 2002

Ensenada & Catalina, Carnival Paradise, 2005

Western Caribbean, Carnival Conquest, 2007
Grand Mediterranean Inaugural, Carnival Dream, 2009
Grand Mediterranean 2nd sail, Carnival Magic, 2011
Hawaii, Sapphire Princess, 2012
Grand Mediterranean Inaugural , Carnival Breeze, 2012
Alaska, Diamond Princess, 2012
Transatlantic, Carnival Sunshine, 2013
Panama Canal, Carnival Legend, 2014
Eastern Caribbean, Carnival Breeze, 2014
Ensenada, Baja California, Carnival Imagination, 2015

Alaska, Carnival Legend, 2015
Ensenada, Baja California, Carnival Imagination, 2016
Last Mediterranean, Carnival Vista, 2016
Transatlantic, Carnival Vista, 2016

Ensenada, Carnival Imagination, 2017
Alaska Back 2 Back, 2017

Hagerstown, Md
2,155 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Geez, go to the store, bank and get a haircut and come back to Part III. YEAH US.

Speaking of the bank, I tried to get a transfer from BofJ and they havent heard of you Joe. Come on, I got a wedding to pay for

We are coming back on Saturday but that waswhen I was still working. I was going to try and to a Sunday return, but its a bit much, additional cost and Karen has to work on Monday. Just gives me an excuse to go back.

Tom
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tom & Karen

Austin, TX
630 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Yep....I'm still an idiot. I couldn't understand why the other thread wasn't working....why there were no posting buttons. I kept closing my browser and reopening, then I went to a meeting and had lunch. Came back and it still wasn't "working". THEN I saw the moderators message about moving us to part III!!! DOH!!! I really do wonder about myself sometimes....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rena (Renee)

Carnival Conquest (Western Carib) - 2007
Carnival Conquest (Western Carib) - 2008
Carnival Ecstasy (Supposed to be Mexican Riviera, but turned into Western Carib) - 2009
Carnival Conquest (Western Carib) - 2009
Carinval Conquest (Eastern Carib) - 2010
Marriner Of The Seas (Western Carib) - 2011
Carnival Breeze (Europe BABY!!)- 2012
Carnival Magic (Eastern Carib) - Nov 2012
Carnival Breeze (Carib) - May 2013
Carnival Conquest (Southern Carib) - Nov 2013
Singapore
2,768 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Originally posted by Cruisertommyboy

Speaking of the bank, I tried to get a transfer from BofJ and they havent heard of you Joe. Come on, I got a wedding to pay for

Tom

Oh ya... sorry about that. Due to the recent bank run by mysterious ladies only known as Gwyn, Nance and Ingrid, it has brought about a collapse in the financial system. I am afraid Bank of Joe has filed for Chapter 11 and will likely have to seek fresh capital injections from shareholders in an EGM scheduled on end June 2012. All operations have been suspended for the time being.

Don't worry about your wedding, Tom. What's that old saying? All you need is love!!

If you think about it... does Karen really need the 20 carat diamond ring you ordered??
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe

Hagerstown, Md
2,155 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
I was beginning to wonder who the new cruiser named help was. Then I remembered they started PartII. I didnt go as far asrestarting mycomputer but it was a duh moment

Tom
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tom & Karen

Singapore
2,768 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Originally posted by TX Tri Girl
Yep....I'm still an idiot. I couldn't understand why the other thread wasn't working....why there were no posting buttons. I kept closing my browser and reopening, then I went to a meeting and had lunch. Came back and it still wasn't "working". THEN I saw the moderators message about moving us to part III!!! DOH!!! I really do wonder about myself sometimes....

For a moment.... I thought the moderators ban me from the site because I post too many stupid pictures!!

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Rena.

Even PhD holders are weighing their batteries to gauge energy levels.

You are in good company.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe

Austin, TX
630 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by Cruisertommyboy
I was beginning to wonder who the new cruiser named help was. Then I remembered they started PartII. I didnt go as far asrestarting mycomputer but it was a duh moment

Tom
For a moment.... I thought the moderators ban me from the site because I post too many stupid pictures!!

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Rena.

Even PhD holders are weighing their batteries to gauge energy levels.

You are in good company.
ROFL!!! Thanks guys, makes me feel a little better! Can y'all just make sure I get back on the ship in all the ports?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rena (Renee)

Carnival Conquest (Western Carib) - 2007
Carnival Conquest (Western Carib) - 2008
Carnival Ecstasy (Supposed to be Mexican Riviera, but turned into Western Carib) - 2009
Carnival Conquest (Western Carib) - 2009
Carinval Conquest (Eastern Carib) - 2010
Marriner Of The Seas (Western Carib) - 2011
Carnival Breeze (Europe BABY!!)- 2012
Carnival Magic (Eastern Carib) - Nov 2012
Carnival Breeze (Carib) - May 2013
Carnival Conquest (Southern Carib) - Nov 2013