Decision Uniworld Brugandy Provance or Ama Paris Rhine

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:29 AM.
505 Posts
Joined May 2005
We are having difficulty trying to make a decision about our special Anniversary for next year 2013. We want to include Paris and the Burgandy Provance with an extension in Paris seems a good choice. I like Uniworlds Boutique Ships. The other itinerary is Paris with a Rhine river Cruise on AMA. I need feedback from cruisers to help us with the decision. Uniworld is more expensive and we would have to pay extra for the three additional nights in Paris.. Help this isn't easy.. Thanks...
Key West, Atlanta, Lake Lure, NC
34 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
We are doing the June 10th Province, Burgundy on Uniworld, but we chose to book a private apartment in Paris for four days after the cruise,and got much more luxury for the same cost.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Strandvillas
505 Posts
Joined May 2005
I look forward to hearing about your trip. Are you arriving in Paris before or after the cruise? Also are you upgrading to the French balcony. Also flights.. Did you make your own arrangements.. What airline? Thanks so much..
Santa Paula CA
3,415 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
We will be leaving in June for a Vantage Burgundy cruise that ends up in Paris. It has been our experience that we can do extensions for between 1/3 and 1/2 the price of extensions through the various cruise lines.
We will post the story on our website in mid July.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
It serves no purpose to list all the cruises I have been on chronologically. Many of the lines or ships do not exist any more, or have been renamed. I have sailed on NCL,Bermuda Star, Regency, Royal, Silverseas, Mississippi Queen, Vantage, Marco Polo, Scottish Highlander, Princess, Victoria, Hebridean Princess, Paul Gauguin, Regent, Oceania, Cunard, Rembrandt, and Lev Tolstoy.