Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old May 1st, 2012, 06:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default ? abt guarentee catagory

I have never booked this because I am afraid of it..but I do have a question.

When I book.. do I get assigned a room fairly quickly? ( I have read comment and it appears its in a few days. If I do this and I get a room that I dont like can I cancel (before the 90days) or change the catagory?

I just dont want to be in the basement rowing...

thanks

Old May 1st, 2012, 06:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Room assignements can be given as early as in minutes after booking, or as late as check-in at the pier.

Old May 1st, 2012, 07:59 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

It is possible that you will get your assignment before final payment, but there is a good chance you will not get it until a few weeks before sailing. There is a chance you will not get it until you arrive at the pier. Do not book a gty unless you can be happy enough with the worst room in that category and the worst room in higher categories. for example, if you absolutely do not want to be on a low deck, do not book an inside or outside gty...you could be assigned a room on deck 2. I would be OK with that for the right price...if you are not fine with it, do not do book those as gty. I have booked many gty, and always get what was promised or a tiny bit better...I have never been asked to row.

Old May 1st, 2012, 09:02 AM
5,000+ Club

Unless you will be satisfied with the “worst” cabin in the guarantee category, it is best not to book a guarantee. Yes – it might be possible to change to a different cabin in that same category – but many times there are none available. There are stories of one booking an inside deck 2 guarantee and getting a suite, but if these stores are true, they are VERY rare.

We have booked a guarantee several times and each time received the lowest cabin in the guarantee category. – No better-No worse than what RCCL promised.

If location is not important, the price is right, and you’ll be happy with the guarantee category, go for it.

We've had assignments as soon as booking (prior to final payment) to as late as a few days prior to sail date.
Good luck.
Sailed fewer on Carnival

favorite cruise? - the most recent!

Old May 1st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up

Just last week we booked the Independance for this November. Final payment pending. We booked a balcony gty, with in 2 days we got our assigned Cat. D3 stateroom, location was OK. Since assignment we switched to another D3 stateroom with no problem. I suppose if I wanted I could have cancelled for a full refund of my deposit, if I did not like the stateroom assigned.

RCI D+, 459 Cruise Points
Celebrity Elite

94 cruises complete with the,

95th Oasis Of The Seas 13 Night 10/14/2014- Western Transatlantic from Rotterdam to Ft. Lauderdale

96th Explorer Of The Seas 9 Night 01/09/2015-Southern Caribbean R/T Port Canaveral

97th Allure Of The Seas 12 Night 10/25/2015-Western Transatlantic From Barcelona to Ft.Lauderdale

Booked.

Old May 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

How were you notified of the assigned cabin number? Email, phone?

We just booked a guarantee balcony for AK on 8/31 and I was wondering how I'd learn of the cabin number assignement.

2013: Grandeur of the Seas
2012: Radiance of the Seas
2010: Serenade of the Seas
2009: Navigator of the Seas
2006: Enchantment of the Seas
2005: Sovereign of the Seas
2000: Monarch of the Seas
1999: Rhapsody of the Seas
1998: Majesty of the Seas
1997: Empress of the Seas
1996: Sovereign of the Seas

Old May 1st, 2012, 03:29 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde375 View Post

We just booked a guarantee balcony for AK on 8/31 and I was wondering how I'd learn of the cabin number assignement.
You would find out by looking at your reservation on Celerity's website.

Completed Cruises:
RCI Allure of the Seas - September 2, 2012 - Eastern Caribbean (Aft Boardwalk Balcony; 24 Restaurants in 7 Days)!
Celebrity Millennium - May 27, 2012 - Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise with Temecula, San Diego, and Vancouver Land Add On (Sky Suite GTY)
Celebrity Millennium - February 20, 2012 - Western Caribbean (Adult Spring Break: SoBe, Millie & The Penthouse)
Celebrity Silhouette - September 27, 2011 - Holy Land (Concierge Class)
Celebrity Equinox - October 31, 2010 - Mediterranean & Westbound Transatlantic with the Hobgoblins (First Suite)
Celebrity Equinox - December 4, 2009 - Southern Caribbean (Aqua Class "Hump" Stateroom)
RCI Jewel of the Seas - January 9, 2009 - Panama Canal Cruise with the Panamaniacs!
Celebrity Century - April 28, 2008 - Transatlantic: Miami to Amsterdam Honeymoon Cruise with the Centurions!
HAL Noordam - May 13, 2007 - Alaska Inside Passage
RCI Adventure of the Seas - November 26, 2006 - Eastern Caribbean
RCI Grandeur of the Seas - February 11, 2006 - Western Caribbean
RCI Enchantment of the Seas - January 8, 2005 - Western Caribbean

Old May 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde375 View Post

We booked through RCI...so yes I just looked up the booking on the RCI web site and there was our stateroom number. I believe this would be true even if we had booked through a TA.

RCI D+, 459 Cruise Points
Celebrity Elite

94 cruises complete with the,

95th Oasis Of The Seas 13 Night 10/14/2014- Western Transatlantic from Rotterdam to Ft. Lauderdale

96th Explorer Of The Seas 9 Night 01/09/2015-Southern Caribbean R/T Port Canaveral

97th Allure Of The Seas 12 Night 10/25/2015-Western Transatlantic From Barcelona to Ft.Lauderdale

Booked.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default good upgrade booking balcony guarantee

We booked a balcony guarantee on Oasis for June 9th and got a category D2 on deck 8. We were very happy with that. I checked the website and signed in and my reservation was there with my room number just a few days after booking. The next day I got an email from my TA with the details. My DH would like to be higher on the ship so maybe we'll see if we can get a room in the same category higher on the ship. I didn't know you could do that.