Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default If you were booked on Brilliance April 6, 2013, you aren't going!!!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I was booked on a charter April 13-20, 2013 on Brilliance out of San Juan. I got an email from our TA on April 25 stating Brilliance was going into dry dock early and our charter was moved to April 6-13. I don't know how RCCL was going to let their pax know. I am sure it is the truth because I trust my TA and if you look at their website or other travel sites, that date is not available. So, if you were booked for that week you need to do some checking. I didn't even think about it when I first got notified. At was first in a panic because of flight changes then realized I didn't have a flight res yet so I just left it go. However, today, I saw the M&M thread for that earlier sailing and thought, oh crap, there is a boat load of people who's reservations are going to be a mess

Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

If i were you i would double check with RCL. Sometime there could be a lie from your TA. You never know. Always do some research and phone calls before you speak.

Gem Jan 2015
Jewel 12/3/11
Allure of the Sea 12/5/10
Explorer of the Sea 11/24/08

Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

RCCL can't tell me because all I have is the group number. I do not yet have an actual RCCL confirmation so they are of no help.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:26 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuffMUp View Post
RCCL can't tell me because all I have is the group number. I do not yet have an actual RCCL confirmation so they are of no help.
Your TA should be able to tell you your reservation number and then you can check on the cruise's status, but if RCI has already informed him of the change and he has passed this information along to you, I'm not sure what more you need to know. We do know that Brilliance will be undergoing an extensive drydock prior to beginning her summer season in Europe which is due to begin in mid-May, so the information you have received is likely to be correct. Not sure why your TA would give you information that wasn't accurate, so I'd be inclined to believe him.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

So, your charter which was originally scheduled on April 13th is now going on April 6th and no other cruisers can go on that cruise unless they are part of your group? I do not ever remember seeing a Brilliance April 13th cruise, but it makes sense if the cruise was not open to the general public! I am surprised RCI does not let people know when there are smaller special interest groups on board! We almost booked a Jersey Shore Deena cruise and a Goth cruise going to Bermuda this fall! I would think it would be wise for RCI to allow their guests to make an informed choice! Good Luck with your cruise...hopefully those booked on the original cruise can find alternate plans! thanks for helping me understand the idea of a "charter"cruise!

Norwegian Jewel 2/14 Western Caribbean
RCI Explorer of the Seas 10/13 Bermuda
RCI Brilliance of the Seas 3/13 Southern Caribbean
RCI Explorer of the Seas 9/12 Bermuda
RCI Adventure of the Seas 3/12 Southern Caribbean
Norwegian Sun 2/11 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian POA 8/10 Hawaii
Norwegian Jewel 2/10 Western Caribbean
Golden Princess 6/09 Alaska
RCI Mariner of the Seas 2/07 Western Caribbean
Disney Wonder 2/05 Bahamas

Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:54 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

The April 6th cruise is still available on Royal's website..............

Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

I was interested in the Brillance sailing, however, I was waiting for them to release information for late April, May - still nothing ! People are waiting for the Sunshine Project and I am waiting for April May 2013.

Old May 6th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

If Travel sites have been notified (and posted the Clothing Optional cruise on their site), why hasn't RCI notified the cruisers who previously booked that cruise?
We believe this forum was named Cruise Critic for a Reason.

Old May 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

C&A told me a few days ago that the Brilliance will be replacing the Jewel in Tampa for the winter caribbean season out of Tampa. No itineraries or pricing yet, just able to see first sailing Nov 6 2013 I believe was the date!!
GRANDEUR OTS 01/06 4-NIGHT COZUMEL
RADIANCE OTS 10/06 6-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
SOVEREIGN OTS 4/07 4-NIGHT BAHAMAS
GRANDEUR OTS 12/07 5-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
SOVEREIGN OTS 2/08 3-NIGHT BAHAMAS
MARINER OTS 9/08 7-NIGHT EAST CARIB.(HONEYMOON)
MONARCH OTS 11/11 3-NIGHT BAHAMAS

43 NIGHTS AT SEA...THANKS TO RCCL'S NEW LOYALTY PROGRAM, WE ARE NOW DIAMOND W/ 86 CRUISE POINTS....

UPCOMING CRUISES:
1-NEXT CRUISE OPTION

Old May 6th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseclues View Post
If Travel sites have been notified (and posted the Clothing Optional cruise on their site), why hasn't RCI notified the cruisers who previously booked that cruise?
And why is RCI still accepting bookings for the three April cruises that cannot take place with an April 6 full ship charter??
Brilliance of the Seas - Panama Canal - 3/2008
Carnival Ecstasy - Western Caribbean - 12/2008
Voyager of the Seas - Western Caribbean - 3/2010
Explorer of the Seas - Bermuda - 8/2010
Voyager of the Seas - Western Caribbean - 4/2011
Navigator of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - 3/2012
Brilliance of the Seas - NE/Canada -10/13
Radiance of the Seas - Alaska - 7/2014

Old May 6th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHINGLIGHTS83 View Post
C&A told me a few days ago that the Brilliance will be replacing the Jewel in Tampa for the winter caribbean season out of Tampa. No itineraries or pricing yet, just able to see first sailing Nov 6 2013 I believe was the date!!
That's too funny- just off Radiance Hawaii cruise where we were told Brilliance would be taking Jewels itineraries in 2014 and Jewel would be year round in Tampa!! Have to wait and see

Old May 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwwht View Post
That's too funny- just off Radiance Hawaii cruise where we were told Brilliance would be taking Jewels itineraries in 2014 and Jewel would be year round in Tampa!! Have to wait and see
Jewel being year round is an option still....they just didn't have anything loaded yet....going to be interesting for sure...
GRANDEUR OTS 01/06 4-NIGHT COZUMEL
RADIANCE OTS 10/06 6-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
SOVEREIGN OTS 4/07 4-NIGHT BAHAMAS
GRANDEUR OTS 12/07 5-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
SOVEREIGN OTS 2/08 3-NIGHT BAHAMAS
MARINER OTS 9/08 7-NIGHT EAST CARIB.(HONEYMOON)
MONARCH OTS 11/11 3-NIGHT BAHAMAS

43 NIGHTS AT SEA...THANKS TO RCCL'S NEW LOYALTY PROGRAM, WE ARE NOW DIAMOND W/ 86 CRUISE POINTS....

UPCOMING CRUISES:
1-NEXT CRUISE OPTION

Old May 7th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie5401 View Post
I was interested in the Brillance sailing, however, I was waiting for them to release information for late April, May - still nothing ! People are waiting for the Sunshine Project and I am waiting for April May 2013.
'
Dont think that will happen. The ships is going into drydock for 2-3 weeks at least. Then starts sailing from Europe on May 14th.

Old May 7th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseclues View Post
Thats how they operate. They did the same thing last year. Kept booking our med trip fully aware that they would move the ship to Asia. Then cancelled our cruise and offered us an OBC.

Old March 17th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Brilliance out of San Juan

Not sure if we're talking about the same cruise, but we are booked on Brilliance of the Seas out of San Juan April 13-23 Transatlantic to Lisbon. I just called Royal Caribbean and that cruise is not cancelled. Hope your cruise plans don't change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuffMUp View Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I was booked on a charter April 13-20, 2013 on Brilliance out of San Juan. I got an email from our TA on April 25 stating Brilliance was going into dry dock early and our charter was moved to April 6-13. I don't know how RCCL was going to let their pax know. I am sure it is the truth because I trust my TA and if you look at their website or other travel sites, that date is not available. So, if you were booked for that week you need to do some checking. I didn't even think about it when I first got notified. At was first in a panic because of flight changes then realized I didn't have a flight res yet so I just left it go. However, today, I saw the M&M thread for that earlier sailing and thought, oh crap, there is a boat load of people who's reservations are going to be a mess

Old March 17th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Clooney View Post
Not sure if we're talking about the same cruise, but we are booked on Brilliance of the Seas out of San Juan April 13-23 Transatlantic to Lisbon. I just called Royal Caribbean and that cruise is not cancelled. Hope your cruise plans don't change.
Miss Clooney, you resurrected a thread from last year...any changes were made in 2012.