If you were booked on Brilliance April 6, 2013, you aren't going!!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

#1
Oregon
972 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I was booked on a charter April 13-20, 2013 on Brilliance out of San Juan. I got an email from our TA on April 25 stating Brilliance was going into dry dock early and our charter was moved to April 6-13. I don't know how RCCL was going to let their pax know. I am sure it is the truth because I trust my TA and if you look at their website or other travel sites, that date is not available. So, if you were booked for that week you need to do some checking. I didn't even think about it when I first got notified. At was first in a panic because of flight changes then realized I didn't have a flight res yet so I just left it go. However, today, I saw the M&M thread for that earlier sailing and thought, oh crap, there is a boat load of people who's reservations are going to be a mess
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature







Independence of the Seas November 15, 2014
Brilliance of the Seas April 6, 2013 - Southern Caribbean
Majesty of the Seas November 23, 2012 - Bahamas
Rhapsody of the Seas August 15, 2008 - Alaska
Carnival Pride 2006 - Western Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2004 - Mexico
#2
nj
598 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
If i were you i would double check with RCL. Sometime there could be a lie from your TA. You never know. Always do some research and phone calls before you speak.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



Anthem of the Sea Jan 2016
Gem Jan 2015
Jewel 12/3/11
Allure of the Sea 12/5/10
Explorer of the Sea 11/24/08
#3
Oregon
972 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
RCCL can't tell me because all I have is the group number. I do not yet have an actual RCCL confirmation so they are of no help.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature







Independence of the Seas November 15, 2014
Brilliance of the Seas April 6, 2013 - Southern Caribbean
Majesty of the Seas November 23, 2012 - Bahamas
Rhapsody of the Seas August 15, 2008 - Alaska
Carnival Pride 2006 - Western Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2004 - Mexico
#4
26,212 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by KuffMUp
RCCL can't tell me because all I have is the group number. I do not yet have an actual RCCL confirmation so they are of no help.
Your TA should be able to tell you your reservation number and then you can check on the cruise's status, but if RCI has already informed him of the change and he has passed this information along to you, I'm not sure what more you need to know. We do know that Brilliance will be undergoing an extensive drydock prior to beginning her summer season in Europe which is due to begin in mid-May, so the information you have received is likely to be correct. Not sure why your TA would give you information that wasn't accurate, so I'd be inclined to believe him.
#5
Michigan
2,062 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
So, your charter which was originally scheduled on April 13th is now going on April 6th and no other cruisers can go on that cruise unless they are part of your group? I do not ever remember seeing a Brilliance April 13th cruise, but it makes sense if the cruise was not open to the general public! I am surprised RCI does not let people know when there are smaller special interest groups on board! We almost booked a Jersey Shore Deena cruise and a Goth cruise going to Bermuda this fall! I would think it would be wise for RCI to allow their guests to make an informed choice! Good Luck with your cruise...hopefully those booked on the original cruise can find alternate plans! thanks for helping me understand the idea of a "charter"cruise!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




NCL Breakaway 10/16 Bermuda
Missed NCL Escape 5/16 Caribbean
RCI Liberty of the Seas 10/15 Bermuda & Caribbean
RCI Legend of the Seas 2/15 Southern Caribbean
Norwegian Jewel 2/14 Western Caribbean
RCI Explorer of the Seas 10/13 Bermuda
RCI Brilliance of the Seas 3/13 Southern Caribbean
RCI Explorer of the Seas 9/12 Bermuda
RCI Adventure of the Seas 3/12 Southern Caribbean
Norwegian Sun 2/11 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian POA 8/10 Hawaii
Norwegian Jewel 2/10 Western Caribbean
Golden Princess 6/09 Alaska
RCI Mariner of the Seas 2/07 Western Caribbean
Disney Wonder 2/05 Bahamas
#6
Boston
4,381 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
The April 6th cruise is still available on Royal's website..............
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!








Completed Cruises: Sovereign of the Seas – Eastern Caribbean - December 1990: Sovereign of the Seas – Eastern Caribbean - March 1993: Sovereign of the Seas – Eastern Caribbean - August 1994: Sovereign of the Seas – Eastern Caribbean - November 1996: Legend of the Seas – Panama Canal – April 1999: NCL Majesty - Bermuda - July 2000: Explorer of the Seas – Eastern Caribbean - March 2001: Navigator of the Seas – Western Caribbean - March 2007: Navigator of the Seas – Transatlantic – November 2008: Explorer of the Seas – Bermuda/Bahamas – April 2010: Navigator of the Seas B2B2B – Western Caribbean – November 2010: Explorer of the Seas – Bermuda/Caribbean - May 2011: Explorer of the Seas – Southern Caribbean - March 2012: NCL Dawn – Bermuda – May 2012: NCL Dawn – Bermuda – May 2013: NCL Dawn – Repo – April 2014: Legend of the Seas – Panama Canal – April 2015: NCL Dawn – Bermuda – July 2015: NCL Dawn – Bermuda – June 2016:
#7
Coral Gables, FL
2,953 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
I was interested in the Brillance sailing, however, I was waiting for them to release information for late April, May - still nothing ! People are waiting for the Sunshine Project and I am waiting for April May 2013.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Barbara and Kirk
Breast Cancer 7 Year Survivor
We have been cruising since 1973!!!
#8
Gettysburg, PA
2,210 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
If Travel sites have been notified (and posted the Clothing Optional cruise on their site), why hasn't RCI notified the cruisers who previously booked that cruise?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Cruising, Buil, http://cruiseclues.com Our Personal Cruise Website
Sitmar, RCCL, Costa, HAL, Princess, Royal Cruise Line, Celebrity, Renaissance, Disney, MSC, Carnival, Carnival Glory Feb 17, 2013, Carnival Breeze Feb 24, 2013, Grandeur of the Seas Oct 25, 2013, Upcoming Caribbean Princess Nov 10, 2014 & MSC Divina Jan 24, 2015
"We cannot change the direction of the wind... but we can adjust our sails"
Cruising is the Best Vacation!
#9
orlando, fl
1,501 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
C&A told me a few days ago that the Brilliance will be replacing the Jewel in Tampa for the winter caribbean season out of Tampa. No itineraries or pricing yet, just able to see first sailing Nov 6 2013 I believe was the date!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
PAST CRUISES:
SOVEREIGN OTS 10/04 4-NIGHT BAHAMAS
MARINER OTS 10/05 7-NIGHT EAST CARIB.
GRANDEUR OTS 01/06 4-NIGHT COZUMEL
RADIANCE OTS 10/06 6-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
SOVEREIGN OTS 4/07 4-NIGHT BAHAMAS
GRANDEUR OTS 12/07 5-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
SOVEREIGN OTS 2/08 3-NIGHT BAHAMAS
MARINER OTS 9/08 7-NIGHT EAST CARIB.(HONEYMOON)(BALCONY)
MONARCH OTS 11/11 3-NIGHT BAHAMAS
ENCHANTMENT OTS 9/15 3-NIGHT BAHAMAS
BRILLIANCE OTS 11/15 5-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
CARNIVAL SENSATION 1/17 4-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
INDEPENDENCE OTS 3/17 4-NIGHT WEST CARIB.(BALCONY)

59 NIGHTS AT SEA...(55 w/ RCCL, 4 w/ Carnival)
98 CRUISE POINTS=

77 CRUISE POINTS till




UPCOMING CRUISES:
#10
Bossier City, LA
1,034 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by cruiseclues
If Travel sites have been notified (and posted the Clothing Optional cruise on their site), why hasn't RCI notified the cruisers who previously booked that cruise?
And why is RCI still accepting bookings for the three April cruises that cannot take place with an April 6 full ship charter??
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean - 3/2001
Vision of the Seas - Mexican Riviera - 3/2006
Voyager of the Seas - Western Med - 10/2006
Brilliance of the Seas - Panama Canal - 3/2008
Carnival Ecstasy - New Year's Eve in the Western Caribbean - 12/2008
Voyager of the Seas - Western Caribbean - 3/2010
Explorer of the Seas - Bermuda - 8/2010
Voyager of the Seas - Western Caribbean - 4/2011
Navigator of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - 3/2012
Brilliance of the Seas - NE/Canada -10/13
Radiance of the Seas - Alaska - 7/2014
Explorer of the Seas - Christmas in Labadee - 12/14
Brilliance of the Seas - Western Caribbean - 4/15
Jewel of the Seas - Christmas in the Southern Caribbean - 12/16
Liberty of the Seas - Western Caribbean - 1/18

[/url]
#11
St.Pete Beach
330 Posts
Joined May 2003
Originally posted by FLASHINGLIGHTS83
C&A told me a few days ago that the Brilliance will be replacing the Jewel in Tampa for the winter caribbean season out of Tampa. No itineraries or pricing yet, just able to see first sailing Nov 6 2013 I believe was the date!!
That's too funny- just off Radiance Hawaii cruise where we were told Brilliance would be taking Jewels itineraries in 2014 and Jewel would be year round in Tampa!! Have to wait and see
#12
orlando, fl
1,501 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by snwwht
That's too funny- just off Radiance Hawaii cruise where we were told Brilliance would be taking Jewels itineraries in 2014 and Jewel would be year round in Tampa!! Have to wait and see
Jewel being year round is an option still....they just didn't have anything loaded yet....going to be interesting for sure...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
PAST CRUISES:
SOVEREIGN OTS 10/04 4-NIGHT BAHAMAS
MARINER OTS 10/05 7-NIGHT EAST CARIB.
GRANDEUR OTS 01/06 4-NIGHT COZUMEL
RADIANCE OTS 10/06 6-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
SOVEREIGN OTS 4/07 4-NIGHT BAHAMAS
GRANDEUR OTS 12/07 5-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
SOVEREIGN OTS 2/08 3-NIGHT BAHAMAS
MARINER OTS 9/08 7-NIGHT EAST CARIB.(HONEYMOON)(BALCONY)
MONARCH OTS 11/11 3-NIGHT BAHAMAS
ENCHANTMENT OTS 9/15 3-NIGHT BAHAMAS
BRILLIANCE OTS 11/15 5-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
CARNIVAL SENSATION 1/17 4-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
INDEPENDENCE OTS 3/17 4-NIGHT WEST CARIB.(BALCONY)

59 NIGHTS AT SEA...(55 w/ RCCL, 4 w/ Carnival)
98 CRUISE POINTS=

77 CRUISE POINTS till




UPCOMING CRUISES:
#13
Prosser, Wash
2,722 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by barbie5401
I was interested in the Brillance sailing, however, I was waiting for them to release information for late April, May - still nothing ! People are waiting for the Sunshine Project and I am waiting for April May 2013.
'
Dont think that will happen. The ships is going into drydock for 2-3 weeks at least. Then starts sailing from Europe on May 14th.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
#14
Prosser, Wash
2,722 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by cruiseclues
If Travel sites have been notified (and posted the Clothing Optional cruise on their site), why hasn't RCI notified the cruisers who previously booked that cruise?
Thats how they operate. They did the same thing last year. Kept booking our med trip fully aware that they would move the ship to Asia. Then cancelled our cruise and offered us an OBC.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
#15
Salt Lake City, Utah
93 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Not sure if we're talking about the same cruise, but we are booked on Brilliance of the Seas out of San Juan April 13-23 Transatlantic to Lisbon. I just called Royal Caribbean and that cruise is not cancelled. Hope your cruise plans don't change.


Originally posted by KuffMUp
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I was booked on a charter April 13-20, 2013 on Brilliance out of San Juan. I got an email from our TA on April 25 stating Brilliance was going into dry dock early and our charter was moved to April 6-13. I don't know how RCCL was going to let their pax know. I am sure it is the truth because I trust my TA and if you look at their website or other travel sites, that date is not available. So, if you were booked for that week you need to do some checking. I didn't even think about it when I first got notified. At was first in a panic because of flight changes then realized I didn't have a flight res yet so I just left it go. However, today, I saw the M&M thread for that earlier sailing and thought, oh crap, there is a boat load of people who's reservations are going to be a mess
#16
6,009 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by Miss Clooney
Not sure if we're talking about the same cruise, but we are booked on Brilliance of the Seas out of San Juan April 13-23 Transatlantic to Lisbon. I just called Royal Caribbean and that cruise is not cancelled. Hope your cruise plans don't change.
Miss Clooney, you resurrected a thread from last year...any changes were made in 2012.