Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?



 
Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:51 PM
sarahc78's Avatar
sarahc78 sarahc78 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,288
Default Refurbished Summit/Infinity OV 3112 - 3144 Pictures

Does anyone have pictures of one of the newly added OV cabins (3112 thru 3144) on either the newly refurbished Infinity or Summit?
__________________
Royal Caribbean : Viking Serenade - 03/2000
Royal Caribbean : Viking Serenade - 03/2001
Royal Caribbean : Monarch of the Seas - 12 / 2003
Celebrity: Summit - 05/2010
Celebrity: Summit - 05/2011
Celebrity: Summit - 05/2012
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM
al4282's Avatar
al4282 al4282 is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Avon Lake, OH
Posts: 54
Default

Hi. I haven't found photos yet but am waiting for some to be posted on another thread
http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com...php?p=33385098

You may wish to monitor this as well. Someone on the thread is on the Infinity now in one of these cabins and said they wiill post info (hopefully photos) on them.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
JasYHZ JasYHZ is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 392
Default

I remember seeing ONE Summit picture and was very pleased with the HUGE porthole window; they look like great staterooms.

Now do you think I can find that ONE picture....nope, not a chance.

JasYHZ
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:40 PM
sarahc78's Avatar
sarahc78 sarahc78 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by al4282 View Post
Hi. I haven't found photos yet but am waiting for some to be posted on another thread
http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com...php?p=33385098

You may wish to monitor this as well. Someone on the thread is on the Infinity now in one of these cabins and said they wiill post info (hopefully photos) on them.
Thanks hopefully they come back and post some
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasYHZ View Post
I remember seeing ONE Summit picture and was very pleased with the HUGE porthole window; they look like great staterooms.

Now do you think I can find that ONE picture....nope, not a chance.

JasYHZ
Ha ha ha exactly. I have been searching to no avail.

I find it so odd the Infinity has been refurbished for 8 months or so and the Summit almost 4 and we cant find one stinking picture. Geez wth people!!!
__________________
Royal Caribbean : Viking Serenade - 03/2000
Royal Caribbean : Viking Serenade - 03/2001
Royal Caribbean : Monarch of the Seas - 12 / 2003
Celebrity: Summit - 05/2010
Celebrity: Summit - 05/2011
Celebrity: Summit - 05/2012
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Willman Willman is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 235
Default

Info/pictures would be great. I just booked an OV5 on the Summit - the "secret" extra long cabin 6109. However, if the windows are that large, with a greater square footage, (and cheaper) I would consider changing. Information please!
__________________
Celebrity Summit - March 2014
Celebrity Constellation -
April 2013
Freedom of the Seas -
November 2008
Navigator of the Seas - November 2005
Disney Magic - May 2003
Queen Elizabeth II - December 1989
S.S. Canberra - August 1974
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Wine-O Wine-O is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 9,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willman View Post
Info/pictures would be great. I just booked an OV5 on the Summit - the "secret" extra long cabin 6109. However, if the windows are that large, with a greater square footage, (and cheaper) I would consider changing. Information please!
I'm sure you meant 6019 which is an OV5. This is the area where 3112 thru 3144 are located on Millennium. You can see the huge windows. Those are OV6 staterooms. On the deck plans http://www.sjajg.com/travel/cruise20...ck%20plans.pdf they look larger than the staterooms in the same category up forward. Won't know until we get in there to take a peak.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com...53&postcount=5
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Willman Willman is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine-O View Post
I'm sure you meant 6019 which is an OV5. This is the area where 3112 thru 3144 are located on Millennium. You can see the huge windows. Those are OV6 staterooms. On the deck plans http://www.sjajg.com/travel/cruise20...ck%20plans.pdf they look larger than the staterooms in the same category up forward. Won't know until we get in there to take a peak.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com...53&postcount=5
Good eye -yes it is 6019.

I looked at these PDF deck plans and zoomed in 2400%, then measured the room sizes. I know this is not scientific and these plans claim to be not to scale, but here is what I measured:

Rooms 3112 thru 3144 are 18% larger or 201 sg ft, assuming the other OV on the deck 3 are 170 sq ft.

Just for fun, on deck 6, handicapped OV room 6014, estimated to be 370 sq ft.

We now just need pictures and a review of these cabins.
__________________
Celebrity Summit - March 2014
Celebrity Constellation -
April 2013
Freedom of the Seas -
November 2008
Navigator of the Seas - November 2005
Disney Magic - May 2003
Queen Elizabeth II - December 1989
S.S. Canberra - August 1974
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Wine-O Wine-O is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 9,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willman View Post
Good eye -yes it is 6019.

I looked at these PDF deck plans and zoomed in 2400%, then measured the room sizes. I know this is not scientific and these plans claim to be not to scale, but here is what I measured:

Rooms 3112 thru 3144 are 18% larger or 201 sg ft, assuming the other OV on the deck 3 are 170 sq ft.

Just for fun, on deck 6, handicapped OV room 6014, estimated to be 370 sq ft.

We now just need pictures and a review of these cabins.
I'll bring a tape measure with me on the 27th.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM
curtdesilets's Avatar
curtdesilets curtdesilets is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,141
Default Wow! 3144 Pictures ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahc78 View Post
Does anyone have pictures of one of the newly added OV cabins (3112 thru 3144) on either the newly refurbished Infinity or Summit?
Funny, the way your thread was worded, I thought you had over 3 thousand pictures of the Summit. Now that would be an impressive amount!
__________________
Cruise Enthusiasts
Upcoming Cruises
8/2014 - HAL Westerdam - Alaska/British Colimbia
Past Enthusiasms:
5/2001 - Celebrity Infinity - Alaska/British Columbia
10/2002 - RCCL Brilliance of Seas-New England/Canada
6/2003 - HAL Amsterdam - Alaska/British Columbia
11/2003 - RCCL Monarch of Seas - Mexico/Catalina
7/2004 - Celebrity Constellation - Baltic/Russia
11/2005 - Celebrity Summit - Panama Canal
7/2006 - Celebrity Mercury - Alaska/British Columbia
1/2007 - RCCL Monarch of Seas - Mexico/Catalina
7/2007 - Celebrity Mercury - Alaska/British Columbia
1/2008 - RCCL Monarch of Seas - Mexico/Catalina
8/2008 - HAL Oosterdam - Alaska/British Columbia
1/2009 - Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera
9/2009 - Celebrity Infinity - Alaska/British Columbia
5/2010 - Celebrity Equinox - Eastern Mediterranean
11/2010 - HAL Oosterdam - Mexican Riviera
5/2011 - Crown Princess - British Isles
11/2011 - Crystal Symphony - California Coast
5/2012 - Celebrity Century - Alaska/British Columbia
11/2012 - Crystal Symphony - California Coast
7/2013 - Oceania Regatta - Alaska/British Columbia
3/2014-Celebrity Century-California Coast

Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM
CruisinCindy's Avatar
CruisinCindy CruisinCindy is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 415
Default

We got off Infinity last month and had a chance to peek at the new rooms, those windows are huge! We liked it so much, we chose 3114 for our 30 day B2B in September. The future cruise manager couldn't give specifics like increased cabin size, though, she just said the window was bigger and the cabins were sparkling new. It's a nice surprise to see they are actually bigger cabins, every sq. foot helps! We also liked that the rooms are located in that secret corridor, it was very quiet there. We can't wait til September!
__________________
BOOKED:
Century, Celebrity, Sept 2014 -12-night Alaska
Eclipse, Celebrity, Jan 2015 - 14-night Southern Caribbean
Journey, Azamara, March 2015 - 12-night Parks of Panama
Journey, Azamara, March 2015 - 12-night Costa Rica Coast to Coast
Infinity, Celebrity, Sept 2015 - 14-night Alaska

SAILED:
Eclipse, Celebrity, January 2014 - 14-night Southern Caribbean * Oasis, RCCL, January 2014 - 7-night Caribbean * Solstice, Celebrity, May 2013 - 9-night Pacific Coastal * Eclipse, Celebrity, January 2013 - 14-night Southern Caribbean * Infinity, Celebrity, Sept-Oct 2012 - B2B 32-night Panama Canal * Infinity, Celebrity, March 2012 - 14 night Panama Canal * Constellation, Celebrity, January 2011 - 14 night Southern Caribbean * Xpedition, Celebrity, Sept 2010 - 11 night Galapagos Islands & Quito, Ecuador * Infinity, Celebrity, April 2010 - 29 night Panama Canal B2B * Equinox, Celebrity, January 2010 - 11 night Western Caribbean * Sun, Norwegian, October 2009 - 11 night Mexican Riviera * Infinity, Celebrity, April 2009 - 29 night Panama Canal B2B * Sapphire Princess, PCL, January 2009 - 7 night Mexican Riviera * Millennium, Celebrity, May 2008 - 14 night Alaska * Infinity, Celebrity, May 2007 -13 night Alaska * Infinity, Celebrity, April 2006 - 10 night Mexican Riviera *Zenith, Celebrity, Dec 2005 - 5 night Caribbean * Mercury, Celebrity, May 2005 - 11 night Mexican Riviera * Sapphire Princess, PCL, Nov 2004 - 10 night Mexican Riviera * Voyager of The Seas, RCCL, Nov 2003 - 7 night Caribbean * Regal Princess, PCL, May 2002 - 10 night Alaska * Sun Princess, PCL, May 2001 - 3 night Vancouver
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:35 PM
sarahc78's Avatar
sarahc78 sarahc78 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinCindy View Post
We got off Infinity last month and had a chance to peek at the new rooms, those windows are huge! We liked it so much, we chose 3114 for our 30 day B2B in September. The future cruise manager couldn't give specifics like increased cabin size, though, she just said the window was bigger and the cabins were sparkling new. It's a nice surprise to see they are actually bigger cabins, every sq. foot helps! We also liked that the rooms are located in that secret corridor, it was very quiet there. We can't wait til September!
Awesome thanks for the info. So would you say the windows are the same size as the ones someone else attached in this thread?

I booked one of these rooms for my grandmother because I had heard they had the huge windows and were slightly bigger.
__________________
Royal Caribbean : Viking Serenade - 03/2000
Royal Caribbean : Viking Serenade - 03/2001
Royal Caribbean : Monarch of the Seas - 12 / 2003
Celebrity: Summit - 05/2010
Celebrity: Summit - 05/2011
Celebrity: Summit - 05/2012
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old May 10th, 2012, 07:20 PM
CruisinCindy's Avatar
CruisinCindy CruisinCindy is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahc78 View Post
Awesome thanks for the info. So would you say the windows are the same size as the ones someone else attached in this thread?

I booked one of these rooms for my grandmother because I had heard they had the huge windows and were slightly bigger.
Yes, those are the same big windows in that picture. These rooms had originally been meeting rooms for the Millennium class ships and the solsticization refurbishment had these converted to new oceanview cabins. The picture shown is before the refurb. when it was still a meeting room. I think your grandmom will love it.
__________________
BOOKED:
Century, Celebrity, Sept 2014 -12-night Alaska
Eclipse, Celebrity, Jan 2015 - 14-night Southern Caribbean
Journey, Azamara, March 2015 - 12-night Parks of Panama
Journey, Azamara, March 2015 - 12-night Costa Rica Coast to Coast
Infinity, Celebrity, Sept 2015 - 14-night Alaska

SAILED:
Eclipse, Celebrity, January 2014 - 14-night Southern Caribbean * Oasis, RCCL, January 2014 - 7-night Caribbean * Solstice, Celebrity, May 2013 - 9-night Pacific Coastal * Eclipse, Celebrity, January 2013 - 14-night Southern Caribbean * Infinity, Celebrity, Sept-Oct 2012 - B2B 32-night Panama Canal * Infinity, Celebrity, March 2012 - 14 night Panama Canal * Constellation, Celebrity, January 2011 - 14 night Southern Caribbean * Xpedition, Celebrity, Sept 2010 - 11 night Galapagos Islands & Quito, Ecuador * Infinity, Celebrity, April 2010 - 29 night Panama Canal B2B * Equinox, Celebrity, January 2010 - 11 night Western Caribbean * Sun, Norwegian, October 2009 - 11 night Mexican Riviera * Infinity, Celebrity, April 2009 - 29 night Panama Canal B2B * Sapphire Princess, PCL, January 2009 - 7 night Mexican Riviera * Millennium, Celebrity, May 2008 - 14 night Alaska * Infinity, Celebrity, May 2007 -13 night Alaska * Infinity, Celebrity, April 2006 - 10 night Mexican Riviera *Zenith, Celebrity, Dec 2005 - 5 night Caribbean * Mercury, Celebrity, May 2005 - 11 night Mexican Riviera * Sapphire Princess, PCL, Nov 2004 - 10 night Mexican Riviera * Voyager of The Seas, RCCL, Nov 2003 - 7 night Caribbean * Regal Princess, PCL, May 2002 - 10 night Alaska * Sun Princess, PCL, May 2001 - 3 night Vancouver
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:31 AM
sarahc78's Avatar
sarahc78 sarahc78 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinCindy View Post
Yes, those are the same big windows in that picture. These rooms had originally been meeting rooms for the Millennium class ships and the solsticization refurbishment had these converted to new oceanview cabins. The picture shown is before the refurb. when it was still a meeting room. I think your grandmom will love it.
Great! Thanks so much
__________________
Royal Caribbean : Viking Serenade - 03/2000
Royal Caribbean : Viking Serenade - 03/2001
Royal Caribbean : Monarch of the Seas - 12 / 2003
Celebrity: Summit - 05/2010
Celebrity: Summit - 05/2011
Celebrity: Summit - 05/2012
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:55 AM
ceetee ceetee is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: West Melbourne, FL
Posts: 438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinCindy View Post
We got off Infinity last month and had a chance to peek at the new rooms, those windows are huge! We liked it so much, we chose 3114 for our 30 day B2B in September. The future cruise manager couldn't give specifics like increased cabin size, though, she just said the window was bigger and the cabins were sparkling new. It's a nice surprise to see they are actually bigger cabins, every sq. foot helps! We also liked that the rooms are located in that secret corridor, it was very quiet there. We can't wait til September!
We just got off Infinity and walked down that hall a few times to get to the guest relations, if you take the aft elevator. I like the idea that they were secluded by doors on each end. Not sure if the door closing would be a noise problem for 3112. Now my problem is wanting to know the configuration of each. We were located one deck down on 2. I loved sitting on the couch/settee by the large round window and watching the ocean go by. Other OV rooms we had seen had the bed headboard under the window. So if anyone reading this has been in any of these rooms, please post where the bed is. Thanks
__________________
CeeTee
PBS2




My 1st TA - Home Lines MS ITALIA New York to Le Havre 1955











Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Wine-O Wine-O is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 9,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceetee View Post
We just got off Infinity and walked down that hall a few times to get to the guest relations, if you take the aft elevator. I like the idea that they were secluded by doors on each end. Not sure if the door closing would be a noise problem for 3112. Now my problem is wanting to know the configuration of each. We were located one deck down on 2. I loved sitting on the couch/settee by the large round window and watching the ocean go by. Other OV rooms we had seen had the bed headboard under the window. So if anyone reading this has been in any of these rooms, please post where the bed is. Thanks
Here is a video of Infinity. At the 1.52 minute mark there is an Oceanview stateroom. With the big window, it looks like it could be one of the new deck 3 reburbs. Bed is against the right bulkhead. Looks like it is larger than the normal oceanview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM2fq...ature=youtu.be

We will be in 3112. My concern is the ladies powder room next door. I hope we don't hear toilets flushing all evening.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old May 12th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Angiet2 Angiet2 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 653
Default

Sorry if this a dumb question, but would all M class ships have this same hidden jewel of a room or ONLY the Summit?

That window is pretty darn amazing!!!!
__________________
___________________________
Click here to Email Angie





  • Sapphire Princess-Grand Suite! Sept. 2012...Alaska, 7 days (lots of rain/fog/wind...only sunny day was our debark day!) Loved the Grand Suite life!
  • Azamara Journey - Northern Europe-July 2012 - Tons of Rain but tons of fun, too!
  • Mauiva Air Cruise...Like a regular sea cruise, but done in an airplane! April 2012
  • Celebrity Silhouette...Dec. 12, 2011...13 Days from Bayonne NJ to Southern Caribbean in AQ. 1st time in such high waves! Yikes!
  • Coral Princess...4/24/11...10 Days...Panama Canal (Everyone should see this amazing sight!)
  • Celebrity Solstice...March 6, 2011 (Aqua Class -- BLU is Worth Booking AQ!)
  • Celebrity Summit...Dec. 4, 2010 (Celebrity Suite)
  • Celebrity Millennium...July 9, 2010...Alaska Cruise/Land/Train Tour (We Were Lovin' The Penthouse Life!)
  • Seabourn Legend...March 2010
  • RCCL Navigator...May 2009
  • RCCL Mariner...Feb 2006 (Royal Suite)
  • Crown Princess...2005 (Owner's Suite)
  • Golden Princess...2002 (Penthouse Suite)
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Wine-O Wine-O is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 9,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angiet2 View Post
Sorry if this a dumb question, but would all M class ships have this same hidden jewel of a room or ONLY the Summit?

That window is pretty darn amazing!!!!
I think once all the M-Class are fully Solstized with adding the Deck 11 AQ staterooms, they would have the added Oceanviews in place of the conference rooms.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:22 PM
infoprof56 infoprof56 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angiet2 View Post
Sorry if this a dumb question, but would all M class ships have this same hidden jewel of a room or ONLY the Summit?

That window is pretty darn amazing!!!!
By is time next May all four will have them. I have one booked for JUly 2013 on the Connie which won't get them until the end of April 2013.
__________________
Next up:
Celebrity Constellation - July 2013 - Baltics
-------------------------------------------------

50 Days at sea so far......
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:55 PM
simon stingray's Avatar
simon stingray simon stingray is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasYHZ View Post
I remember seeing ONE Summit picture and was very pleased with the HUGE porthole window; they look like great staterooms.

Now do you think I can find that ONE picture....nope, not a chance.

JasYHZ
Is this the picture by any chance?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
__________________
Cruise Countdown Tickers

Aug 2013 Celebrity Infinity
Dec 2011 Crown Princess
Jul 2011 Celebrity Silhouette
Apr 2011 Vision of the Seas
Oct 2010 Celebrity Constellation
Jul 2009 MS Eurodam
Jan 2009 Celebrity Solstice
Sep 2006 Radiance of the Seas
Sep 2004 Navigator of the Seas

Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old May 13th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Wine-O Wine-O is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 9,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon stingray View Post
Thanks. I'm hoping they are. They look great. Looks like the normal balcony cabin without the balcony. That'll work for us.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks

Ad Sponsored By


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.
Check Cruise Prices
Cruise Line:
Destination:
Month:
Compare deals from top travel sites
Loading vendors ... please wait.
No vendors are available. Try selecting options