Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
- Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals
- Write a Norwegian Cruise Review
- Find Your Norwegian Roll Call
See posts about:
Norwegian Bliss
Norwegian Escape
Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Spirit

Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Gem
Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Star

Norwegian Dawn
Norwegian Getaway
Pride of America
Norwegian Sun

Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Jade
Norwegian Sky

Old May 6th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

very cool, thank you for sharing!
NCL Epic March 2013
NCL Jade October 2012
Crown Princess August 2012
Review for Sea Princess- Alaska 5/13-23 2012 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1640072
NCL Pride of America Hawaii September 2007

Old May 9th, 2012, 01:36 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Answers

Ok, to answer everyone's questions...

Yes, we were on Deck 9, starboard. Don't remember the exact room but very close it midship in a standard balcony room.

The GoPro camera is very small and comes with a waterproof (to 150ft I believe) and shock proof case. So no need to worry about salt spray or environmental issues. The battery lasts for about 3 to 3.5 hours so most my timelapses I set up the camera on a 5 second interval and left it there until I got back from the days activities. It would just stop when it died. I tried to come back to it mid-day to charge it back up to do another timelapse leaving the port of call or sunset (wasn't always successfull at this). I used a gorillapod (http://joby.com/gorillapod) to attach it to the top of the railing. It worked perfectly by wrapping right around it. I never said anything to the cabin steward. They never touched it. I used a 32gb Class 10 SD card in it.

What you get out of the camera is a bunch of 11 megapixel images that need to be put together in the computer to make a video. I'm a professional photographer with a background in video production so what I used isn't something the average person is going to have but I'll describe how I did it for the ones who want to know. I'm sure you could use more consumer level software for this as well. I imported all the images (ended up with about 15k from my whole trip) into Adobe Lightroom for color adjustments, enhancements and exposure adjustments. Then I imported all the adjusted images into Apple Final Cut Pro, set each image to 1 frame each in a 24 frames per a sec sequence. This first sequence was set to the actual size and aspect ratio of the original images (which is 4:3, finished video was 1080p 16:9) and exported this sequence to a stand alone video file. I reimported this video file into a standard 1080p sequence (this enables you to be able to crop and position the video in the frame how you would like it), edited, added music and exported again. Then, finally, I used Apple Compressor to compress the video for the web and uploaded it to YouTube. I hope this all made sense. If any of you have any further questions fire away...

Also, if anyone is currous to see my professional work my website is www.shepard-photography.com

Mariner of the Seas - March 2010 - Mexican Riviera

Last edited by csphoto; May 9th, 2012 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Old May 13th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by csphoto View Post
Ok, to answer everyone's questions...

Yes, we were on Deck 9, starboard. Don't remember the exact room but very close it midship in a standard balcony room.

The GoPro camera is very small and comes with a waterproof (to 150ft I believe) and shock proof case. So no need to worry about salt spray or environmental issues. The battery lasts for about 3 to 3.5 hours so most my timelapses I set up the camera on a 5 second interval and left it there until I got back from the days activities. It would just stop when it died. I tried to come back to it mid-day to charge it back up to do another timelapse leaving the port of call or sunset (wasn't always successfull at this). I used a gorillapod (http://joby.com/gorillapod) to attach it to the top of the railing. It worked perfectly by wrapping right around it. I never said anything to the cabin steward. They never touched it. I used a 32gb Class 10 SD card in it.

What you get out of the camera is a bunch of 11 megapixel images that need to be put together in the computer to make a video. I'm a professional photographer with a background in video production so what I used isn't something the average person is going to have but I'll describe how I did it for the ones who want to know. I'm sure you could use more consumer level software for this as well. I imported all the images (ended up with about 15k from my whole trip) into Adobe Lightroom for color adjustments, enhancements and exposure adjustments. Then I imported all the adjusted images into Apple Final Cut Pro, set each image to 1 frame each in a 24 frames per a sec sequence. This first sequence was set to the actual size and aspect ratio of the original images (which is 4:3, finished video was 1080p 16:9) and exported this sequence to a stand alone video file. I reimported this video file into a standard 1080p sequence (this enables you to be able to crop and position the video in the frame how you would like it), edited, added music and exported again. Then, finally, I used Apple Compressor to compress the video for the web and uploaded it to YouTube. I hope this all made sense. If any of you have any further questions fire away...

Also, if anyone is currous to see my professional work my website is www.shepard-photography.com

Thank you! I will have to look into some of this!

Norwegian Gem - 6/01/2013 NYC - Bahamas/Florida (VACATION!!!)
Norwegian Jewel - 2/1/2013 NYC - Weekend Cruise (trying out an Inside Cabin!)
Norwegian
Jewel - 10/14/12 NYC - Florida/Bahamas (Honeymoon Cruise in The Haven!)
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1726676
Norwegian Dawn - 10/28/11 Boston - Weekend Cruise (October Snowmageddon!)
Norwegian Spirit - 7/3/11 New Orleans - Western Caribbean http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=85778

Old May 13th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Nice job on that.

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

5 reasons to use Linux
http://brajeshwar.com/2008/choose-li...windows-vista/[/b]

Old May 13th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Really Cool!! Thanks for posting...

Royal Caribbean - Mexican Riviera- April 1996
NCL- Europe - July 2006