Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines

Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals.

Write a Carnival Review

NEW! Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Naomigruis's Avatar
Naomigruis Naomigruis is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 65
Default Anything I need to know about interior cabins on splendor?

We are sailing in early August on the splendor and have taken up the offer of a cheap interior cabin (just the two if us). We are at the front of the ship.

Should I be worried about position or is there anything I need to now?

Thanks
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:20 AM
fishtaco's Avatar
fishtaco fishtaco is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomigruis View Post
We are sailing in early August on the splendor and have taken up the offer of a cheap interior cabin (just the two if us). We are at the front of the ship.

Should I be worried about position or is there anything I need to now?

Thanks

They are on the ship so thats all that matters

2nd class cabin is better than a 1s class swim

Den
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:51 AM
treasure4two treasure4two is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 2,646
Default Splendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtaco View Post
They are on the ship so thats all that matters

2nd class cabin is better than a 1s class swim

Den
Not sure what you mean Fishtaco.

There is no second class as a passenger on cruise ships nowadays-just was on the Titanic.

As far as the Splendor, we have had everything from inside, porthole, OV, to balcony and other than sunlight and a place to sit by yoursel f(we need neither), I think an inside would be fine. We had a porthole-2221- on the Splendor and the noise and the shaking when the anchor went up and down was horrible, but I think you will be fine if you are not in portholes forward on the Splendor. We LOVED the ship-clean, lots to do, and people make a bigger deal of the pink than it is. You will have a ball!!
__________________
Ron and Donna Jean
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:02 AM
RuthlessBoss RuthlessBoss is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,747
Default

The anchor noise is only on a day pulling into a port, doesn't last long, but makes a good wake up call. In any inside cabin, people spend less time in them.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Naomigruis's Avatar
Naomigruis Naomigruis is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 65
Default

Thanks everyone.

We are looking forward to seeing another part of the world and on past cruises spent very little time in our rooms (awake anyway)

We thought asunder $600 each for 7 nights it was a great price (the Aussie dollar being greater than the us$ for the first time ever helps to)
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:20 AM
susie8862's Avatar
susie8862 susie8862 is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomigruis View Post
We are sailing in early August on the splendor and have taken up the offer of a cheap interior cabin (just the two if us). We are at the front of the ship.

Should I be worried about position or is there anything I need to now?

Thanks
I hope you have a great cruise. I am giving you a couple of websites so you can familiarize yourself with the ship and other stuff you need to know. Hope it helps you.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/...activemap.html
https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/.../splendor.html
http://www.***********/carnival/info.html
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:32 AM
treasure4two treasure4two is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 2,646
Default Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthlessBoss View Post
The anchor noise is only on a day pulling into a port, doesn't last long, but makes a good wake up call. In any inside cabin, people spend less time in them.
Just curious-have you been in the Splendor cabin(I am only talking about the Spelndor, not other ships) I was or that area forward? We had it happen pulling into ports and leaving-I was in the room when we were leaving about 4 PM and it was unbelieveable!! It was so loud that I could not hear the TV at its loudest and it last 15-20 minutes each time.
Also, most times, we were going into ports early and not neccesarily when we want to get up. Everyone in our area said it was the worst they ever heard on a cruise ship and would not book 2221 forward again.
__________________
Ron and Donna Jean
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old May 6th, 2012, 08:22 AM
RuthlessBoss RuthlessBoss is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasure4two View Post
Just curious-have you been in the Splendor cabin(I am only talking about the Spelndor, not other ships) I was or that area forward? We had it happen pulling into ports and leaving-I was in the room when we were leaving about 4 PM and it was unbelieveable!! It was so loud that I could not hear the TV at its loudest and it last 15-20 minutes each time.
Also, most times, we were going into ports early and not neccesarily when we want to get up. Everyone in our area said it was the worst they ever heard on a cruise ship and would not book 2221 forward again.
Not on Splendor, but have been in portholes on other ships. I knew the noise would happen, but for that noisy time, it was worth the price I paid for the cabin.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old May 6th, 2012, 08:50 AM
we're sailing away....'s Avatar
we're sailing away.... we're sailing away.... is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 14,829
Default

Bring a clock and a flash light
__________________
We've been on
Carnival: 27 voyages; 184 days
Celebrity: 3 voyages; 24 days
Holland: 11 voyages 152 days
Norwegian: 2 voyages; 16 days
Princess: 16 voyages; 154 days
Royal Carib: 5 voyages; 35 days
Vantage: River 2 voyage 39 days
GRAND TOTAL: 66 Cruises 604 days

NOT YET SAILED
Holland Eurodam 8/14 -18 days
Princess Coral 10/14-11 days
Holland Prinsendam 11/14 -28 days
Holland Ryndam 1/15 -14 days
Holland Maasdam 3/15 -14 days
Holland Rotterdam 4/15 - 18 days
Holland Veendam 6/15 - 14 days
Vantage River Cruise 8/15 - 21 days
Holland Prinsendam 10/15 - 28 days
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old May 6th, 2012, 09:52 AM
crazycath's Avatar
crazycath crazycath is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So CA, USA
Posts: 1,196
Default

[quote=treasure4two;33654093]Not sure what you mean Fishtaco.

There is no second class as a passenger on cruise ships nowadays-just was on the Titanic.

I think Fishtaco meant it as a little joke
__________________
03/15/04 Ecstasy
09/18/05 Carnival Pride
01/11/06 Carnival Spirit
04/14/06 Paradise
11/12/06 Carnival Conquest
02/10/07 NCL Star
08/18/07 NCL Star

10/19/07 Carnival Elation
10/31/08 Carnival Elation
02/02/09 Paradise
04/02/09 Elation
05/08/09 Paradise
07/29/09 Carnival Spirit
03/20/10 Elation
10/31/10 Splendor
05/06/12 Splendor
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:01 AM
fishtaco's Avatar
fishtaco fishtaco is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,603
Default

[quote=crazycath;33655724]
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasure4two View Post
Not sure what you mean Fishtaco.

There is no second class as a passenger on cruise ships nowadays-just was on the Titanic.

I think Fishtaco meant it as a little joke
Yes just a joke sounded funny to me at the time

Den
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:20 AM
fishtaco's Avatar
fishtaco fishtaco is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomigruis View Post
Thanks everyone.

We are looking forward to seeing another part of the world and on past cruises spent very little time in our rooms (awake anyway)

We thought asunder $600 each for 7 nights it was a great price (the Aussie dollar being greater than the us$ for the first time ever helps to)
Do you know your cabin number and deck or are you just a guarantee?

We are flying over from Perth early June for a June 10th cruise on the splendor and I will go take some pics for you of the location.

Are you going it alone or doing the Casinos and Sombreros deal offered by Australian TA,s?

We couldn't get the deal in June because it was peak season but its pretty cheap for the nights in Vegas and the cruise including flights,I think the deal was around the same price as I paid for flights alone!

I cant believe how cheap the Splendor is but we started with a cheap inside like yourself then went to a balcony then aft extended balcony not as cheap as my first price but still way cheaper than what it would cost me in Australia.

Den
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:25 AM
serene56's Avatar
serene56 serene56 is offline
Charter Member - 10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: phila, pa
Posts: 48,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by we're sailing away.... View Post
Bring a clock and a flash light
I agree- the clock is so you dont sleep whole mornings away when you should be out and about. THe cabin is extreme darkness. (when we sailed the inside we used those tap lights. the bathroom light turns on from the outside of the bathroom and the door is opened and gawd is it bright. Leaving the door opened for light though the door will swing open and shut with the movement of the ship.

Where is your cabin located-- what deck. BE VERY careful of what is above you, below you and beside you
__________________
Next up-- Aruba July 27th
Disney World August 28th, 2014


. o ..
o . o o.o
...oo
__[]__
__|_o_o_o\__
""""""""""/
. .. . /
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:34 AM
fishtaco's Avatar
fishtaco fishtaco is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
I agree- the clock is so you dont sleep whole mornings away when you should be out and about. THe cabin is extreme darkness. (when we sailed the inside we used those tap lights. the bathroom light turns on from the outside of the bathroom and the door is opened and gawd is it bright. Leaving the door opened for light though the door will swing open and shut with the movement of the ship.

Where is your cabin located-- what deck. BE VERY careful of what is above you, below you and beside you
Can you not put the TV on the ships forward camera on Splendor? We usually leave the TV on all night ships view and when day breaks the TV lights up the room same as light from a window (well almost) but works quite well.

Not sure if the Splendor has front ocean view camera?

Den
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:43 AM
swedish weave's Avatar
swedish weave swedish weave is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomigruis View Post
We are sailing in early August on the splendor and have taken up the offer of a cheap interior cabin (just the two if us). We are at the front of the ship.

Should I be worried about position or is there anything I need to now?

Thanks
Some of the cheapest cabins on the Splendor are upper and lower bunks, so one of you may have to climb a ladder.

Also, the music from the shows can be very loud if you are over or under them.

Some of the websites show these cabins with two single beds that can be made into a queen, but that is not accurate, so check it out ! We were in 6227

Last edited by swedish weave; May 6th, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:33 AM
RuthlessBoss RuthlessBoss is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtaco View Post
Do you know your cabin number and deck or are you just a guarantee?

We are flying over from Perth early June for a June 10th cruise on the splendor and I will go take some pics for you of the location.

Are you going it alone or doing the Casinos and Sombreros deal offered by Australian TA,s?

We couldn't get the deal in June because it was peak season but its pretty cheap for the nights in Vegas and the cruise including flights,I think the deal was around the same price as I paid for flights alone!

I cant believe how cheap the Splendor is but we started with a cheap inside like yourself then went to a balcony then aft extended balcony not as cheap as my first price but still way cheaper than what it would cost me in Australia.

Den
I see Melbourne on OP note, Could it be Melbourne, Florida?
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:47 AM
truchattycathy's Avatar
truchattycathy truchattycathy is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,763
Default

I have not been on the Splendor, but have had many inside rooms, including portholes. I love them, especially for the price. I never noticed any extra noise in the porthole other than waves crashing, but then I don't spend a lot of time in my cabin.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Naomigruis's Avatar
Naomigruis Naomigruis is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 65
Default

Thanks for the replays guys

We are in riviera deck room 1221 so only other rooms above us.

We are flying in from Melbourne australa the day before and staying on the queen mary the night. There are four adults and one 11 year old in tol ove three cabins.

We have been told our room can be made into a king. If not I will be the one up the ladder.

The tv idea sounds lie a winner!!!!! Will be setting the alarm just in case!!!
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Katikat23's Avatar
Katikat23 Katikat23 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA (So Cal)
Posts: 82
Default

My fiance and I were in an inside cabin on the Splendor 2 years ago. We had room 1248 (which is also on Riviera Deck) and it had 2 twins that converted to a king. We loved our room and never felt like it was too small - in fact, we commented several times that it was more roomy than we expected! We didn't have any trouble with noise of any kind. One night, the sea was a little rough and we felt quite a bit of rocking but that doesn't bother me much and on the smoother sailing days it wasn't bad at all. Here are some pictures of the room for you!





__________________
~Katie

PAST CRUISES:
Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean 10/27/2012
Carnival Splendor - Mexican Riviera 4/18/2010
Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas - Western Caribbean 4/3/2005

Last edited by Katikat23; May 6th, 2012 at 11:22 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:03 AM
CRUISING71's Avatar
CRUISING71 CRUISING71 is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,624
Default

We sailed the Splendor twice and both time the kids got the inside room on Empress Deck mid ship. They like it a lot. They leave the bathroom light on and open the door just a crack to use as nightlight.

Most of the time you are out and about...so if you could save some $$$ for the inside room, go for it. Use the money for excursion or buy FCC for your next cruise.
__________________
[font="Book Antiqua"][size="3"][color="Red"]Vision of the Sea - May 2006
Carnival Splendor - August 31st, 2009
Carnival Spirit - April 4th, 2010
Mariner of the Sea - August 22th, 2010
Carnival Splendor - August 21, 2011
Carnival Liberty - April 7th, 2012
Carnival Breeze - March 30th, 2013
Oasis of the Sea - August 10, 2013
Golden Princess - July 26, 2014
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 PM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.