Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > South America

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old May 8th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cruising from SF to Valparaiso, Chile

We will be landing in Valparaiso, Chile on Dec 22, 5AM. I plan to stay in Santiago over night to be able to get an early morning flight home. It seems that most of the flights to LAX leave very early in the AM and that is where I a heading home.

Could you please tell me a good hotel in Santiago and how far it is from the cruise port of Valparaiso. I know this is Christmas time and it could be hard to plan things

Any other ideas would be welcome as we have never been south of the Panama Canal.

Ad Sponsored By
Old May 8th, 2012, 07:53 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by carhar73 View Post
We will be landing in Valparaiso, Chile on Dec 22, 5AM. I plan to stay in Santiago over night to be able to get an early morning flight home. It seems that most of the flights to LAX leave very early in the AM and that is where I a heading home.

Could you please tell me a good hotel in Santiago and how far it is from the cruise port of Valparaiso. I know this is Christmas time and it could be hard to plan things

Any other ideas would be welcome as we have never been south of the Panama Canal.
It is about 60 miles from Valpo to Santiago. Be sure you arrange to stop at a winery in route. We stopped at the Casa de Bosque and it was great.

Our hotel in Santiago was ok, but I cannot recommend it. Prices are reasonable there. We stayed one night in Vina del Mar near Valpo, which was nice. It was the Hotel San Martin.