curacao questions please

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:46 PM.
McDonough Ga
330 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
My family is visiting curacao in Sept on the Carnival Freedom. We are mom, dad, 2 sons 31 and 25 yrs old. Is the town and beach close enough to the ships to do alone without a tour?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sherry

Big Red Boat
Regency-Regent Rainbow
RCCL Navigator of the Seas
RCCL Soverign of the Seas
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Victory
Carnival Liberty
Norwegian Jewel
RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Carnival Fascination
RCCL Allure Of The Seas
England
69 Posts
Joined May 2009
It only takes about 15 minutes to walk into the town. You have to cross the pontoon bridge to get there which is quite interesting. I'm not sure how far the beach is though as we caught a taxi to the Sea Aquarium and then went to a beach next to there.
South Carolina
28,307 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
You'll absolutely need a taxi to get to the beach. There are none within walking distance.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)
New England
4,913 Posts
Joined May 2005
We like to spend part of the day at the Blue Bay Resort. Nice beach, pool, good snorkeling. Need a taxi to get there.

The Hilton Curacao also has a day pass.

Both resorts have websites.

There are quite a few nice beaches in Curacao. Most require a taxi ride.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
April
NJ
814 Posts
Joined May 2003
I thought i had read that Holiday Beach is 4-5 blocks from the Mega Pier???
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Destiny 2001
Carnival Conquest 2003
Carnival Victory 2009
Carnival Dream 2010
Carnival Valor 2011
Freedom 2012
Liberty 2013
Breeze 2015
NCL Sky 2017

NJ
6,506 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
I don't remember seeing any beaches near the port. To the left was industry, and to the right there is a big hotel with an infinity pool (Renaissance?) but no beaches within walking distance.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Lori
Past cruises:
NCL: Gem & Breakaway many times, Jewel 2x, Star, Dawn Carnival: Sunshine, Splendor, Glory 5x, Freedom, Miracle 2x, Legend, Dream, Liberty, Triumph, Fantasy, Imagination, Victory (1st cruise ever!!) Princess: Caribbean 2x, Crown, Emerald, Island Princess through Panama Canal! Royal Caribbean: Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas 4x, Quantum of the Seas, Explorer 2x Celebrity: Equinox and Summit Disney: Magic
2,600 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by holdon216
I thought i had read that Holiday Beach is 4-5 blocks from the Mega Pier???
You can walk to the Holiday Beach hotel (now called Veneto) in about 20 - 25 minutes. The road towards this area is VERY busy and the beach is NOT nice. NOT recommended at all.