Quetion abut numer of passengers

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:08 AM.
Wisconsin
13 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Ths is our first me n Princess ships. We are taking the Star in Alaa. My qestion is: How can you tell how full the ship is? I am just wondering how many seem to know the ship is full, there are empty cabns...
Thanks for the info.
Carmel, CA USA
1,172 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
I"m not sure that our cruise next week will be full...it's a 5 day sampler and there are plenty of empty rooms right now. I wonder if the OP is asking about this one?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
In the Valley, CA
22,840 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Princess is a very popular line for Alaska. If it's getting close to sailing date, Princess (like other cruiselines) will offer offers and specials in order to fill the ship.

Often you can't always know what the availability is as some booking engines may still list categories that aren't really still available.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Patty the Cruisin' Chick (may all your cruises be smooth sailin')

Hoping for another trip to the land of Aloha!

Carnival Jubilee - Mex. Riv.; Sensation - W. Caribb.; Holiday (2Xs) - Baja; Paradise - E Caribb; Ecstasy - Baja; Star Princess - Mex. Riv.; Sapphire Princess - Alaska; Island Princess - Hawaii; Golden Princess - Hawaii (one of the best cruises ever!!!!); another Golden Princess -- Hawaii

Read about my most recent cruise at
http://www.sites.google.com/site/holidayalohaii/home
Greenville, SC, USA
51,083 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Looking at available cabins can be misleading. Often, there are many people who have booked guarentees and have not been assigned a cabin yet.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paul
Aliso Viejo, CA
41,399 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by paul929207
Looking at available cabins can be misleading. Often, there are many people who have booked guarentees and have not been assigned a cabin yet.
Correct.

Originally posted by dorisis
Your TA might be your best source for that information.
I'm not sure but I don't believe TA's have access to the number of GTYs booked for each category. Also, since there is capacity control, the system may show cabins available that really aren't.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-- Pam Email (to be my friend on Facebook, email me. ) PLEASE identify yourself with your Cruise Critic name.

Boston. Strong.

* Me ziplining across Victoria Falls: https://plus.google.com/photos/10147...83463276981969
* Safari photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1014740...eat=directlink

Upcoming:
Island Princess -- 19-day Partial Panama Canal 11/16/16
Ruby Princess -- 6-day Wine Country Coastal 4/29/17
Emerald Princess -- 12-day round-trip LA <> Alaska 4/27/18