Bringing Wine On Board

luv2cruise4

I read on here that we are now allowed to bring wine on board and pay a $15 corkage fee. What is the best way to do this? I thought of putting a couple of bottles in my carry on. Do we then present them when we check-in our luggage or wait to be asked?? Does anyone have any more information on this?

I read on here that we are now allowed to bring wine on board and pay a $15 corkage fee. What is the best way to do this? I thought of putting a couple of bottles in my carry on. Do we then present them when we check-in our luggage or wait to be asked?? Does anyone have any more information on this?

Put it in your carry-on and wait to be asked. When they scan your baggage, if they see it, you will be asked at that time. If not, and you decide to consume it in your cabin, consider yourself fortunate (assuming you have a means of uncorking it). If you do bring it to a restaurant, you most likely will be asked to pay the corkage fee if you haven't already.

We always bring liquor on board, wine, scotch, kegs of beer...ok, maybe not kegs of beer. The secret is moderation and not be obvious. They have never confisicated anything that we brought on board or charged us $15 for corkage. Just hand your waiter $5 with your bottle and I am sure you will have no problem. Also treating your cabin steward generously at the beginning of the trip goes along way.

Very true with your cabin steward. I was on the Triumph & had a few bottles

of liquor I was chilling in my ice bucket and the next thing I knew was I had a

second ice bucket for us to use. If you are nice to them they will go out of

their way to help & please you. We always tip well on these "key" people.

Archived