Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Costa Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Costa Cruises
Read hundreds of Costa Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Costa Cruise Deals.

Go To: Costa Cruises ROLL CALL Forum

Old May 19th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Whats going on with the Costa Concordia??

I can't find any current updates.

Thanks - PG

Old May 19th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

there's a long-running thread right here on the main page...

Last edited by CtheW0rld; May 19th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.

Old May 21st, 2012, 06:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default quiet Concordia

All of the experts on this board, whose total maritime experience consists of drinking mai-tais while sitting on their balconies have exhausted themselves with speculation and conjecture. With the next disaster there will be new fields to pontificate.

Old May 21st, 2012, 08:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSalt View Post
All of the experts on this board, whose total maritime experience consists of drinking mai-tais while sitting on their balconies have exhausted themselves with speculation and conjecture. With the next disaster there will be new fields to pontificate.
Not quite true. There are at least three of us who have some knowledge of the marine salvage business. I learned a great deal from my friendship with Captain John Roen, who was a very talented and daring salvor in addition to operating his own fleet of steamships, tugs and barges for many years.

I check the news daily and watch the web cam. I see progress in laying the ground work for the righting and eventual removal of the hulk. There has not been much worth mentioning going on right now.

Doc

I cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake!

Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:12 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSalt View Post

I totally agree with DocF.......a number of us here have considerable amount of Maritime background and exprience. We don't always agree, but we enjoy the discussion and debate.

Frankly, since we don't have all the details and facts and since you can't take the Media reports as total fact either, of course we can't state absolutes and use our background to speculate and conjecture.

So if you read and consider the opinions posted maybe you could do more then be rude and a smart a***s from your computer chair.

AKK