Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
- Read thousands of Royal Caribbean Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
- Write a Royal Caribbean Cruise Review
- Find Your Royal Caribbean Roll Call
See posts about:
Adventure of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Quantum of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas

Allure of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas

Old May 24th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Reservations for Entertainment on Freedom of the Seas

I need help!!?! I thought I was supposed to make reservations for the shows on Freedom but it tells me it is not available yet, if it is more than 60 days out, come back later. it is 45 days out (sailing July 8). am i doing something wrong?

Old May 24th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

They are sometimes late in opening up the entertainment schedules for reservations. It does sound like you're looking in the right place, if that's any consolation.

You could try e-mailing web_reservations@rccl.com to see if they know when the reservations would be available.

Previous Cruises (links below to go live threads I started for those cruises)

Celebrity Century, 10/98; Viking Serenade, 1/00; Grand Princess, 8/01; Carnival Elation, 7/02; Carnival Elation, 7/03; Liberty of the Seas, 8/07; Adventure of the Seas, 8/08; Oasis of the Seas, 8/10; Majesty of the Seas, 1/11; Allure of the Seas, 8/11; Freedom of the Seas, 3/12; Majesty of the Seas, 7/12; Freedom of the Seas, 10/12; Monarch of the Seas, 10/12; Independence of the Seas, 3/13; Allure of the Seas, 8/13; Independence of the Seas, 3/14; Norwegian Getaway, 9/14; Allure of the Seas, 10/14

Old May 24th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Sometimes they are really late doing this! When we sailed last January, they didn't open up online entertainment reservations until about two weeks before we sailed.

Previous cruises:
Hawaii
Mexican Riviera
Eastern Caribbean
Hawaii
Southern Caribbean
Alaska

59 days at sea.

Old May 25th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

If their not available online, can you call RCC to reserve your times?

4MOM2

Old May 25th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

thanks for the replies. i had even received an email a few weeks back telling me - make your entertainment reservations for your upcoming cruise now! - but it said not available yet when i tried. haha! i will keep looking . just wanted to make sure i wasn't doing it right. thanks again!

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 4th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Are the shows only for pre-registration?

Sorry to open up an old thread. So on Freedom of the Seas, (we're leaving Aug 5) is it required to pre-register to get a seat or can you show up? I guess what I am wondering is to the shows fill up with pre-registrations? I figure there will be a handful of people who will register but never show up?

Old July 4th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcott View Post
Sorry to open up an old thread. So on Freedom of the Seas, (we're leaving Aug 5) is it required to pre-register to get a seat or can you show up? I guess what I am wondering is to the shows fill up with pre-registrations? I figure there will be a handful of people who will register but never show up?
Went on the 17th and the ice show really required pre registration, the rest didn't seem to matter, they just let everyone in at once. Maybe register for the ice show, Marquee, and the Once upon a Time show, those seemed to be the most popular. Show up about a half hour early to get a good seat for any show.

Old July 5th, 2012, 09:57 AM
5,000+ Club

Our experience was for most of the shows including ice show and magic show they let those with reservations in first, and then those without maybe ten to fifteen minutes later...plenty of room for everyone. BUT if sitting closer is important to you .(it was to us as we were with a family with small children) then you will want to make a reservation...

Upcoming: Regal Princess, Jan., 2015 Caribbean

HAL Prinsendam, Northern Europe, Sept. 2014, Freedom of the Seas, W. Carib, March, 2014, HAL Eurodam, W. Carib. Nov., 2013, Royal Princess Grand Med., July, 2013, Emerald Princess, Caribbean, Jan. 2013, Sapphire Princess, California Coastal, Oct. 2012, Enchantment of the Seas-Bermuda, Aug. 2012, Freedom of the Seas-Caribbean, May, 2012, Star Princess, S. Caribbean Mar., 2011, Ocean Princess-Greek Isles/Med-Sept., 2010, Crown Princess-W. Carib. March, 2010, Island Princess-Panama Canal, Nov. 2009, Emerald Princess S. Caribbean, Jan. 2009, Coral Princess-Alaska Cruisetour-June, 2008, Emerald Princess-S. Caribbean- Jan., 2008, Mariner of the Seas-E. Caribbean-January, 2007, Golden Princess-Med/Greek Isles-October, 2006, Star Princess-W. Caribbean-January, 2006, Golden Princess-W. Europe/British Isles-June, 2005, HAL Zuiderdam-E. Caribbean-Dec. 2003, HAL Volendam-W. Caribbean-Dec. 2002. Silversea-Silver Whisper-Mediterranean-May, 2002, Grand Princess-W. Caribbean-Oct. 2001, Sea Princess-W. Caribbean-Feb, 2000, Carnival Destiny-Canada/New England-June, 2000, HAL Maasdam-Baltic/Russia-July, 2000, Grand Princess-Grand Med.-June, 1999 and others...celebrating over 30 years of cruising!

Last edited by sunsetbeachgal; July 5th, 2012 at 09:58 AM.

Old July 5th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

We just got off the Freedom last week (6/24 sailing) and we had reservations for every show and there were not needed. We didn't even need them for the ice show. For every show we watched, we just showed up about 10 minutes before showtime and found a good seat. There were a reported 4200 passengers. The CD routinely mentioned that reservations were not neccessary for folks to come and enjoy the shows.

Not saying that everyone had the same experience, but that was our experience.

Past sailings:
Carnival Ecstacy to Ensenada - Summer 2004
Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas Pacific Coast NB - April 2007
Disney Wonder to Alaska - August 2011
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean - June 2012
Disney Wonder Pacific Coast SB - September 2012
Carnival Inspiration to Ensenada - September 2013

Old July 5th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclenut View Post
We just got off the Freedom last week (6/24 sailing) and we had reservations for every show and there were not needed. We didn't even need them for the ice show. For every show we watched, we just showed up about 10 minutes before showtime and found a good seat. There were a reported 4200 passengers. The CD routinely mentioned that reservations were not neccessary for folks to come and enjoy the shows.

Not saying that everyone had the same experience, but that was our experience.
Our experience was the same on our April cruise, and that was during spring break with a full ship! I did make reservations for the ice show; however, we noticed lots of empty seats. We usually just show up about 5 or 10 min before the show starts & do not have a problem finding seats in the balcony.

Sherri

Old July 5th, 2012, 12:10 PM
5,000+ Club

I was on the June 17th sailing of Freedom. I just walked into the shows without reservations about 15 minutes before the shows started and there were always plenty of seats open even near the front.