Got Ideas On How To Smuggle Alcohol Onboard?

Sexynina1998

Any ideas on how to smuggle alcohol on board? Dont want to pay extra for drinks!!!! Let me know!!!

:D

You didn't come up with anything using the search feature?

I think what we all REALLY want to know, Nina, is just HOW sexy are you?? :D

just wrap it up real good and put it in your suitcase. you can also put it in water bottles, pepsi bottles, etc...

but by all means, use the search feature - there are PLENTY of threads on this :eek:

You can find most liquors these days in plastic bottles, so don't bother with the transferring it into water bottles, etc. They don't check your checked bag unless you give them some good reason to.

Some cabin staff will report 'contraband' and it can be confiscated till cruise's end. Be discreet.

A, if I was actually SMART i would use the SEARCH engine, but all Iam is sexy. so There goes that Idea. Of course I used the search engine, but nothing came up, there were some difficulties.

Here are a few I found :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=130591&highlight=alcohol

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=142753&highlight=alcohol

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=58855&highlight=smuggling

Any ideas on how to smuggle alcohol on board? Dont want to pay extra for drinks!!!! Let me know!!!

:D

Right now, I wouldn't do it. A few weeks ago some friends of ours tried smuggling some in their checked luggage. Emphasis on the word "tried". It got confiscated and they had a little note in their suitcase informing them about attempting to "circumvent the rules set forth." (Yes, an actual quote from the note!) From that point on, whenever they got on and off the ship, they were were pulled aside and their bags checked VERY thoroughly, even though they never bought any liquor while in port.

The ship was Triumph, by the way. And apparently they weren't the only one's whose bags were checked. It might have been a one time thing, or maybe not. Who knows? But it seems at that point, Carnival had a major lockdown of some sort.

Personally, I don't think it's worth taking the chance in sneaking something on that's expressly prohibited according to the rules. But that's just me.

omg, chris told you the secret booze smuggling tips....what a lucky person you are

Well I thought it was better to hear the real story rather than some of those phony tips like:

• "Smuggling? No need to, just wheel your keg right on, no problem"
  • "Ask the security guard to slip your case of scotch in with the milk they're loading on the ship"
  • "Tell the porter to be careful, you have booze in those bags, concealed by expensive photographic equipment"
  • "Put your vodka in Evian bottles but be sure to label them"
  • Courtesy counts, with a bottle of Gin in each hand politely ask the Embarkation staff "Ok to bring this on?"
  • If caught proclaim "NO that's not a box of wine, I used the wine box to pack my fireworks"

But yes, of course no one should break the rules and attempt this in the real world. ....and I'll go ahead and make the other comments too:

• "...oh what a horrible example for the kids"
  • "...if you can't afford to drink maybe you can't afford the cruise"
  • "...why is it some people just always try to... blah blah blah...."
  • "...I am shocked to think..."
  • "...I can't believe!..."
  • " Rock on Bubba, pass me a cold one"

A couple of weeks ago, my PVP called me with the following two memos, routed to all CCL employees:

IN A NUTSHELL:

1. All checked baggage will now be searched for "contraband" (including booze, beer, candles, irons, etc.). Contraband will be confiscated and NOT returned (they'll add that case of beer to inventory and make $4 a piece off the bottles!), although the PAX will be allowed to return the contraband to their car, if parked at the port. They will have to get in line at the END if they choose this option. No exceptions, no bartering.

I had a CC friend experience this first hand... He said that there were notes on several doors indicating that luggage should be picked up at the Purser's Desk due to contraband found (time ran out and bags were loaded, checked later, contraband confiscated, and they had to show their faces while at sea to get their luggage MINUS their stash).

HOWEVER, if you buy booze in port, the usual rules apply, that they will "hold" it for you until the last night, so you don't miss the great deals. They delivered my port-bought booze at like 9AM the day before debarkation, so I had the whole day to drink it on Destiny and Victory.

2. ONLY past guests will be invited to the Past Guest Party (free booze for like an hour and a half). Even if there are guests in the same cabin who have not sailed with CCL before, they will NOT be invited to the party. This is contrary to past invitations, where the entire cabin was welcome at the party, even if only one had sailed before.

This means that the honeymoon couple where wife has sailed and husband has not will receive ONE invitation (for the wife) to the party and the others in the cabin (husband) will have to entertain themselves otherwise. I would suggest bartering for invitations with other guests who don't care for the party. Take their invitation into the party in exchange for 1/2 hour of deck chair saving or something.

BUT NO MORE THAN 1/2 HOUR OF DECK CHAIR SAVING!!! Just enough to grab a bite to eat, use the restroom, and return to the chair.

"1. All checked baggage will now be searched for "contraband" (including booze, beer, candles, irons, etc.). Contraband will be confiscated and NOT returned (they'll add that case of beer to inventory and make $4 a piece off the bottles!), although the PAX will be allowed to return the contraband to their car, if parked at the port. They will have to get in line at the END if they choose this option. No exceptions, no bartering.

I had a CC friend experience this first hand... He said that there were notes on several doors indicating that luggage should be picked up at the Purser's Desk due to contraband found (time ran out and bags were loaded, checked later, contraband confiscated, and they had to show their faces while at sea to get their luggage MINUS their stash"

This is really surprising. All the cruise I have been on I always Wrapped a Liter bottle of Vodka (plastic) in my checked luggage without a problem.I will be doing the same This Saturday. I buy plenty to drink on the ship also(drinks of the Day) We only have the vodka for in cabin drinks before dinner .I will soon find out how all goes ,and let you all know when we get bak next week.

We just returned from the Destiny and bought several bottles of alcohol at the duty-free shop at the pier. We had already been to our cabins and had a few hours til departure so we left the ship with large "purses" (empty of course) and went to the duty-free shop. I'm sure they could see the bottles when we passed through security but no one said anything. When we got on the ship we walked right by the table where you are supposed to drop off any alcohol or wine. No one stopped us or said anything. We brought on two bottles of wine, three bottles of assorted alcohol and a six-pack of coke to go with it. We had our own mini-bar set up in our cabin and it was great!!

A couple of weeks ago, my PVP called me with the following two memos, routed to all CCL employees:

2. ONLY past guests will be invited to the Past Guest Party (free booze for like an hour and a half). Even if there are guests in the same cabin who have not sailed with CCL before, they will NOT be invited to the party. This is contrary to past invitations, where the entire cabin was welcome at the party, even if only one had sailed before. .

Per my PVP two days ago... my brothers fiancee (never sailed Carnival before) is going with us to the past guest party. Also, I never heard of #1 before. We always take booze with us and then spend money at the bars...

Per my PVP two days ago... my brothers fiancee (never sailed Carnival before) is going with us to the past guest party. Also, I never heard of #1 before. We always take booze with us and then spend money at the bars...

I agree, On my cruise on The Pride last Sept. Both of my Sister ,this was their 1st cruise and the came with me to the Past guest guest party.I would have never left them behind and go without them. About the Booze. I'm sure if you ony bring on a bottle they are not going to bother you.I mean how much can you drink in 7 Days:eek: .

I am just wondering how it is logistically possible for Carnival to do a search of all pax luggage, and still get it to the cabins on the same night as it comes in.

Also, what about those folks (like me) who lock their luggage with a lock, since we are not flying ?? I wonder if they are going to cut the lock off.

I am a real light weight when it comes to drinking, so I never bother to smuggle booze on.

Just hate the idea of someone pawing through my underwear looking for booze I dont have in my suitcase

Lemme see... my boyfriend and I took on a case of wine, 8 1gallon (or whatever size those big plastic) bottles of vodka, a bottle of Bacardi Limo, 1 gallon of Captain Morgans, 2 bottles of champagne and 12 beers left over from our bon-voyage party the night before.

It wasn't in our luggage, we had it in boxes mixed in with other stuff to cushion it. Namely the wine was in a computer box, layered in between soft stuff like toga material (don't ask..), leis, boas and other stuff we were taking on as part of our Parrot Head group cruise.

The vodka was in another box in a layer in between small boxes of stuff we were bringing on for friends of ours (give away beads with their bar logo on it).

The beer we threw in another box with other random stuff.

We just took all of the boxes to the pier and the porter along with our suitcases, and they all arrived outside our cabin door with no problem whatsoever!!

We lucked out in advance though as we had a friend drive out to LA so sent two of the boxes with him. The other one we just shipped out there and then bought the vodka and beer locally.

Andrea in Atlanta

Archived