Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures > Florida Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Florida Departures
Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami & Port Canaveral & Tampa

Old June 8th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Florida Express Bus??

I just found this link to Florida Express bus taking over from Cruise Connection.

http://www.thefloridaexpressbus.com/

anyone have experience with using them?

My 88 yr old father will be sailing with us in Nov and we want to make sure he will be ok. He will be traveling from Port Charlotte to Port of Miami. He had used the cruise connection bus many times.

Thanks
Chris Mitchell

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 18th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default I don't recommend FL Express Bus

I just got back from a cruise this past week and took the bus (which is actually a van not a bus, that seats 10 passengers). One of our stops was Port Charlotte on the way to Port Everglades. Our ride was about a half hour late and we were a little worried so we called and they explained he'd be there shortly. He arrived and apologized for being late. The driver, Ramone, was very nice. However, his driving was not. To say we were terrified during the ride is an understatement. He was doing about 90 miles an hour, cutting across three lanes of traffic, in and out between cars. I was shaking and occassionally let our a scream or two. I don't think he heard me over the music he was upper body dancing to in the front seat. He often only had one hand on the wheel and was texting or talking on the phone with the other. I had the same driver to and from the ship. All during my cruise I was thinking about (dreading) having to get back on that ride.

If you care about your father don't put him on this bus!