Tabyana Beach Excursion??

cococat1

Is this an excursion I have to book through the cruise ship or can I just take a cab there? It really seems like when I pay for the excursion, its just a $40 per person van ride to a beach...I think I still have to pay for snorkel equipment. Is it worth it or can I find a way to this beach on my own?

If you scan thru these threads you'll all kinds of info.

Tabyana is just a small piece of beach on West Bay Beach. It is used generally by the curiselines for their beach day excursion.

But West Bay Beach is about a mile of beach and there are other spots to rent equipment, chairs, eat, etc. If you want to do this on your own, you might want to look at Bananarama as they offer the ride, chair and a drink for less than the excursion. The walk in snorkeling is pretty great right in front of Tabyana Beach.

Like I said, start reading here all about the area and then you can decide how you want to do the day.

I don't know that anyone ever confirmed Tabyana allowing independents on the property... seems silly not to, though I have no idea what the price would be.

It is more like $40 per person for a ride to the beach, loungers, potties lockers and food options very close at hand. Never mind the easy access reef snorkeling.

As eandj said.. you could sure get to the beach on your own, taxi prices are high but of can be done, if you want a lounger, potties or lockers it will all be extra. If you don't need any of that feel free to plop down on any bit of sand you please, the beach is public. Watch out for the bugs though...they do like humans.

Archived