Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old June 21st, 2012, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Default Member Reviews of the Week by PegasusGM, furrygirl, ellbelle, infl & CTCruisers!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Cruise Critic Insulated Sportsbag-- we hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Jade Jade Crew saved cruise when documents stolen in Santorini by PegasusGM
My recent experience on the NCL Jade made me proud to be a "Norwegian!" I was booked on the NCL Jade April 28th out of Venice to the Greek Isles. I have been to Venice before so I did not expect any difficulties. Our arrival from Minnesota into Venice was uneventful. Our first thanks to NCL happened at the airport. Our transfer to the Crowne Plaza took forever at the airport, but thanks to the person who was meeting the NCL Crew at Marco Polo airport we finally connected with the shuttle. I say thanks, because here we were in Italy with no language skills, and no phone, and feeling lost. Then I saw this man with a sign for NCL Crew to check in. This man meeting the crew made three phone calls and got the shuttle to pick us up. I'm only sorry that I did not get his name so he could be appropriately thanked. Right away I was very glad for NCL. Continue reading... Jade Crew saved cruise when documents stolen in Santorini

Radiance of the Seas Best cruise ever, highly recommend by furrygirl
This was my fifth cruise, and first ever on my own. I'd booked a balcony cabin for my sister and I, and she couldn't get away from her new job, so I elected to pay the difference and go anyway, since I had the vacation time all set. What a great decision! My apprehension about cruising on my own was alleviated the first night, when I met the gang at the dinner table, more on that later. I'll get all the negatives out of the way first (not many), and it's all praise after that. Flew into Vancouver from LAX, flight delayed 45 minutes due to Air Force One takeoff, which we watched from the plane! Vancouver customs was a zoo, thanks to embarkation of 4 ships that day from Canada Place, and planes full of cruisers all coming in at the same time, two of which were Royal Carribbean. Continue reading... Best cruise ever, highly recommend

Sea Princess Relaxing Family Vacation by ellbelle
This was our second trip on the Sea Princess, both sailing round trip San Francisco Alaska. We booked a mini suite and an interior cabin thirteen months out. It was a long wait but worth it. Our mini aft cabin (C745) on the Caribe deck is the largest of the minis on the Sea Princess. We booked our kids (teens) directly across in a JJ category (C745) which is 155 square feet. Room: Our room had a long entry that opened onto the "lounging" area which consisted of a couch (for two) two large side chairs, a television cabinet and wet bar. The bed was made to a king and did not appear to be able to be separated as the side tables seemed to be bolted to the wall. There was another television cabinet and desk. Two doors flanked either side of that area one being the walk in closet (one person at a time) and the other door lead to the bathroom. There was a single sink with two mirrored cabinets on either side. The shower was a tub/shower combination. The toilet was housed off the main bath (with sink too) and could also be accessed from the entry hall. A note about the bed: it was not hard! It was very comfortable and the sheets so soft. This room was perfect to get together with the kids before dinner and to play cards during the day. Continue reading... Relaxing Family Vacation

Allure of the Seas Fun time for our family! by infl
We just disembarked from the June 10 Allure of the Seas. Our family of seven picked the Allure after considering it vs the Disney Fantasy. We have sailed Disney in the past and really enjoyed it, but it is much more expensive. We were able to get staterooms with balconies (10712 and 10714) about 2 months prior to sailing. Adjoining rooms were no longer available for a family of our size. We booked late and got what we could get. We arrived at the port earlier than we ever have. We got there at about 10:30 am and there was no line at check in. We had to wait in a section for gold members in order to board the ship. It was very organized and the seats were comfortable. The seats were actually the line so get seated as soon as you get there. We boarded the ship at about 11:30 am. I had no complaints. Smooth as can be. We didn't mind the wait. It was worth it because we totally took our time with check in and didn't have to worry about people being annoyed with our 5 children. Continue reading... Fun time for our family!

Carnival Miracle Nice Relaxing Trip by CTCruisers
The cruise left New York with stops at Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau before returning to New York. It was our 4th Carnival cruise (18th overall). We have sailed on NCL 13 times and Royal Caribbean once. We had booked this cruise just 6 days prior to the sailing. I had been very busy with business travel and I had a brief respite, so we decided to get away for a relaxing cruise. With 4 sea days, the Miracle's itinerary fit the bill. We had never been to Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay before. We looked at NCL cruises out of New York, but we had sailed on them several times and wanted a change from their itineraries and same old production shows. Day 1 -- Embarkation Day New York City It was a showery day with temps in the low 70's F as we left our house, but it was just overcast in New York that afternoon. Sailing out of New York City is very convenient for us. We live in Connecticut just outside of New Haven, so driving to the New York cruise terminal is a short trip for us. We always drive down the Henry Hudson Parkway on Manhattan's Westside to get to the cruise ship terminals there. We look forward to our first view of the ship as we drive south of the George Washington Bridge along the river. Continue reading... Nice Relaxing Trip

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; June 25th, 2012 at 12:33 PM.

Ad Sponsored By