Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines
- Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals
- Write a Carnival Review
- Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call
See posts about:
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Elation
Carnival Glory
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Splendor

Carnival Conquest
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Magic
Carnival Pride
Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Dream
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Valor

Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Legend
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Victory

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:49 PM
lola4795 lola4795 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 191
Default Pvp?

First of all, I don't really know what PVP stands for, but I'm assuming it is some sort of Carnival representative who will help with cruise bookings. Someone can start out by helping me with that definition!

Is there an advantage to using a PVP? I've been planning on just booking our cruise online. Is there a reason not to do this?
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:52 PM
wrigley80's Avatar
wrigley80 wrigley80 is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola4795 View Post
First of all, I don't really know what PVP stands for, but I'm assuming it is some sort of Carnival representative who will help with cruise bookings. Someone can start out by helping me with that definition!

Is there an advantage to using a PVP? I've been planning on just booking our cruise online. Is there a reason not to do this?
PVP = Personal Vacation Planner.
We have booked 8 previous cruises all with a Travel Agent. About a month ago I booked a back-to-back through a Carnival PVP. There isn't much difference
__________________
Past Cruises

Nordic Empress - January 2004
Carnival Valor - March 2005
Carnival Destiny - January 2006
Carnival Celebration - March 2007
Carnival Victory - April 2008
Carnival Pride - May 2009
Carnival Elation - March 2011
Carnival Legend - December 2011
Carnival Fantasy - March 2012
Carnival Ecstasy - December 2012
Carnival Sensation - December 2012
Carnival Freedom - March 3, 2013
Carnival Imagination - December 2, 2013
Carnival Sunshine - December 8, 2013
Carnival Dream - April 5, 2014
Carnival Pride - July 27, 2014


Future Cruises

Carnival Dream - December 7, 2014
Carnival Elation - December 7, 2015







Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old June 26th, 2012, 01:24 AM
k2excursion's Avatar
k2excursion k2excursion is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 4,032
Default

Some people say their PVPs are awesome, calling them about special deals and things like that. I've never had a PVP do anything for me, except book my cruise when I call. Still, I like having them book it, just because I'm afraid I'll mess it up, doing it online. I wouldn't want to use a TA (travel agent--doesn't work for Carnival), because you then have no control of your booking. Any changes or matching to lower prices has to go through the TA, which takes longer to get done or might not get done (with bad TAs).
__________________
Past cruises: Celebration 9-4-2003, Celebration 9-11-2004, Elation 12-12-2005, Valor 4-22-2007, Conquest 4-26-2009,
..................Holiday's final sailing 11-2-2009, Carnival Dream 4-17-2010: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...5884&highlight,
..................Carnival Triumph 11-8-2010, Carnival Miracle 4-4-2011, Carnival Dream 11-5-2011, Carnival Magic 3-18-2012,
..................Carnival Triumph 12-3-2012, Carnival Breeze 4-13-2013, Carnival Dream 1-25-2014

Upcoming cruises: Carnival Splendor (San Juan to Miami: 6 new ports for me) 11-1-2014

k2 is in reference to the mountain known as K2, not a reference to the drug. Drug-free, straight-edge is the way to live! Mountain highs are greater than any drug high!
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:27 AM
AZbeachboy's Avatar
AZbeachboy AZbeachboy is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,549
Default

have used both travel agents and PVP. I prefer to deal with the cruise line directly because as the previous poster said I dont lose control and have direct access to my booking. If you use a travel agent you lose that ability and have to go through the travel agent. I am retired so if I spend a 1/2 hour on the phone, that is ok with me. If you get a travel agent that is timid you might get weaker results that you would otherwise.
__________________
Jim

"Dad, don't worry about missing the beach, Arizona is all beach, just no water"

Last edited by AZbeachboy; June 26th, 2012 at 02:30 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:50 AM
wdazew wdazew is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 167
Default

Our PVP is great. She does our entire family, parents, brother, us, family friends. She knows the type and location of the rooms we like, she will call with special deals and remembers everything about us (OK probably a screen shot with quick tips) THe service she provides is awesome. We booked one cruise thru a group and it was awful the steps you had to go thru in order to speak to someone at carnival instead of the travel agent. Never again. She actually picked our upcoming cruise in Jan. We told her what we were thinking about and had a couple picked but she found one that was even better and cheaper!!
__________________



12/6/2014 Carnival Sunshine 8
8/10/14 Carnival Pride
3/1/14 Carnival Breeze
B2B 10/18/13 & 10/20/13 Glory 7
9/2/2013 Carnival Fascination 5
1/5/13 Carnival Dream 7
9/25/11 Carnival Pride 7
3/3/2011 Carnival Miracle 8
6/20/2009 Carnival Pride 6
6/25/2008 Carnival Spirit 7
2006 Norwegian Pride of America 7
7/23/2005 Carnival Inspiration 5
11/21/2002 Carnival Sensation 4
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #6  
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:53 AM
The4Cruisers's Avatar
The4Cruisers The4Cruisers is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Norman, NC
Posts: 1,213
Default

I don't hate travel agents. I just have no time for the middle-man.

We use our PVP and she has been very reliable...there for us as needed.

Either way you go OP, enjoy your cruising!
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:14 AM
golfadj's Avatar
golfadj golfadj is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 29,375
Default

The advantage of using a pvp is if you have a problem you can speak to Carnival directly.

If using a TA have to wait and get your TA to contact Carnival and that can take time.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Tapi's Avatar
Tapi Tapi is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 5 hours from the closest cruise terminal
Posts: 8,470
Default

One BIG misconception in these boards is that the agents that answer the 1-800-Carnival number are PVP's. They are NOT.

The agents that answer the phone at the 800-Carnival number are just that: reservations agents. They answer inbound calls, answer questions, make reservations and move on to the next guest. They may provide their extension number, but their goal is NOT to creat a relationship with the guest.

PVP's (or Personal Vacation Planners) can be reached by calling a different line (1-800-819-3902). Their goal IS to create a relationship with the guest. (and as you can read here, many Cruise Critic members have had the same PVP for years). Once a PVP starts working with a guest, they are their main contact for as long as they work there (or the guest decides to go somewhere else). The PVP "owns" the guest's profile. You may not know it, but part of the PVP's job is to research their guests (in fact, when the PVP department started, their department was called Consumer Research), and the goal was to get to know their guests to the best of their ability. Creating that relationship means that the guest will keep coming back.

If you find a good PVP, you truly hit the Carnival lottery. A good PVP can be a great asset helping you find a great cruise, lower pricing (and fare codes) that may be hard to find, and since they work directly for Carnival, they can provide a wealth of information about anything that's related to this specific cruise line. Best of all, it eliminates the middle man (TA) so you have full control of your reservations.

We've been working with the same PVP for MANY years and his service is absolutely amazing. All of our information is already stored in his database (preferences, special rates we qualify for, ID's, verification, names, dates of birth, etc), so when I'm ready to book a cruise, all he needs is a credit card number. Literally, I'm done booking my cruise in 5 minutes.

Even after 13 Carnival cruises (and thinking that I know everything there is to know about Carnival) my PVP is still a great source of suggestions, facts, and information about our cruises. He provides professional, courteous and friendly service. He's been SO good, that he has joined us on embarkation day at the Port of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Port Canaveral to have lunch with us, followed by a personalized ship tour. I wonder what TA has done that for their passengers!

I always say that our vacation begins the moment we make that initial phone call to our PVP.
__________________
NEW REVIEW!
Our 10th wedding anniversary cruise aboard: Golden Princess


TAPI

Our cruise aboard: Allure of the Seas
Our cruise aboard: Carnival Dream
Our Alaska cruise aboard: Westerdam
Legoland and the Bahamas aboard:Enchantment of the Seas


SAILED:
1981 Cunard Princess / 1982 Cunard Countess / 1984 The Victoria / 1991 Carla Costa / 1993 Monarch of the Seas / 1994 Tropicale / 1996 Royal Majesty / 1998 Viking Serenade / 1999 Dolphin IV / 2000 OceanBreeze / 2000 Carnival Destiny / 2003 Carnival Fascination / 2004 Empress of the Seas / 2005 Carnival Fascination / 2005 Carnival Liberty / 2006 Carnival Imagination / 2006 Carnival Fascination / 2007 Carnival Sensation / 2007 Holiday / 2008 Carnival Liberty / 2009 Carnival Imagination / 2010 Carnival Fascination / 2011 Allure of the Seas / 2011 Carnival Dream / 2013 Westerdam / 2014 Enchantment of the Seas / 2014 Golden Princess


NEXT:

2015 Brilliance of the Seas - CANADA & NEW ENGLAND


Last edited by Tapi; June 26th, 2012 at 08:34 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Tapi's Avatar
Tapi Tapi is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 5 hours from the closest cruise terminal
Posts: 8,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfadj View Post
If using a TA have to wait and get your TA to contact Carnival and that can take time.
We are using a TA for our upcoming NCL cruise (contrary to Carnival where rates and fare codes are the same no matter where you book, it does pay to shop around different TA's on NCL since rates vary wildly from one TA to another).

We are getting a KILLER rate on our cruise, but we are paying for it with very poor customer service, calls that go unanswered for days, errors, and the feeling of being helpless.

Recently, we saw a $50 price drop on the TA's website, so I automatically emailed them to get the price reduction. 3 days later, I got an email with the confirmation....but the TA released my cabin in the process! I saw my cabin back in the website, so I contacted my TA to grab the cabin ASAP. All I could do was watch because NCL wouldn't assign the cabin unless it was done through my TA.

2 days later the TA FINALLY replied saying that she was sorry for the error, and that unfortunately the cabin had already been snagged by someone else So she could assign a different one or leave the cabin TBA. That would be OK except for the fact that we had booked multiple cabins together for this SPECIFIC cruise, sail date, and location 6 months ago, and in a few minutes, the TA messed it all up.

So, I got a great price, a price drop, but I don't have the cabins that I booked, one cabin is up in the air and will probably end up away from the rest of the group, and my TA's best turnaround time so far has been 2 days...

You truly get what you pay for....
__________________
NEW REVIEW!
Our 10th wedding anniversary cruise aboard: Golden Princess


TAPI

Our cruise aboard: Allure of the Seas
Our cruise aboard: Carnival Dream
Our Alaska cruise aboard: Westerdam
Legoland and the Bahamas aboard:Enchantment of the Seas


SAILED:
1981 Cunard Princess / 1982 Cunard Countess / 1984 The Victoria / 1991 Carla Costa / 1993 Monarch of the Seas / 1994 Tropicale / 1996 Royal Majesty / 1998 Viking Serenade / 1999 Dolphin IV / 2000 OceanBreeze / 2000 Carnival Destiny / 2003 Carnival Fascination / 2004 Empress of the Seas / 2005 Carnival Fascination / 2005 Carnival Liberty / 2006 Carnival Imagination / 2006 Carnival Fascination / 2007 Carnival Sensation / 2007 Holiday / 2008 Carnival Liberty / 2009 Carnival Imagination / 2010 Carnival Fascination / 2011 Allure of the Seas / 2011 Carnival Dream / 2013 Westerdam / 2014 Enchantment of the Seas / 2014 Golden Princess


NEXT:

2015 Brilliance of the Seas - CANADA & NEW ENGLAND


Last edited by Tapi; June 26th, 2012 at 08:30 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:53 AM
golfadj's Avatar
golfadj golfadj is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 29,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapi View Post
We are using a TA for our upcoming NCL cruise (contrary to Carnival where rates and fare codes are the same no matter where you book, it does pay to shop around different TA's on NCL since rates vary wildly from one TA to another).

We are getting a KILLER rate on our cruise, but we are paying for it with very poor customer service, calls that go unanswered for days, errors, and the feeling of being helpless.

Recently, we saw a $50 price drop on the TA's website, so I automatically emailed them to get the price reduction. 3 days later, I got an email with the confirmation....but the TA released my cabin in the process! I saw my cabin back in the website, so I contacted my TA to grab the cabin ASAP. All I could do was watch because NCL wouldn't assign the cabin unless it was done through my TA.

2 days later the TA FINALLY replied saying that she was sorry for the error, and that unfortunately the cabin had already been snagged by someone else So she could assign a different one or leave the cabin TBA. That would be OK except for the fact that we had booked multiple cabins together for this SPECIFIC cruise, sail date, and location 6 months ago, and in a few minutes, the TA messed it all up.

So, I got a great price, a price drop, but I don't have the cabins that I booked, one cabin is up in the air and will probably end up away from the rest of the group, and my TA's best turnaround time so far has been 2 days...

You truly get what you pay for....
Wow that is awful. TA we started using after our pvp suddenly left Carnival was good but had a habit of disappearing hear and there and always close to sailing when we had a chance for a nice upgrade or obc and felt so frustrated.

As a result decided t ogo back to a pvp sacraficing the obc from the TA.
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old June 26th, 2012, 09:04 AM
JUGGER JUGGER is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Crestview, Florida
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola4795 View Post
first of all, i don't really know what pvp stands for, but i'm assuming it is some sort of carnival representative who will help with cruise bookings. Someone can start out by helping me with that definition!

is there an advantage to using a pvp? I've been planning on just booking our cruise online. Is there a reason not to do this?
hi--pvp--stands for----personal vacation planner---and yes--we always book thru him---50 plus cruises--and found him very reliable. They know more then an average travel agent---or by booking by yourself--on line----i.e.--special discounts--and exactly where the cabin you like is located----so try them--you will like them---the joyces----irene and john
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old June 26th, 2012, 09:59 AM
kmc500 kmc500 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NH - Live Free or Die
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
I always say that our vacation begins the moment we make that initial phone call to our PVP.
It is great that you have a good one. I agree, you have hit the lottery.

About five years ago we had a PVP for three cruises who was also great. Sadly, he left Carnival and we have been striking out ever since. We have gone through three, and each has been worse than the last. We're sailing November 10th on the Valor, and we're marketing the cruise to other family members who might want to join us. With a good PVP in the past, this has resulted in a group sailing as large as 30 people or more. In this case, the PVP we've listed on our flyer does not bother to return emails or telephone calls. Amazing that someone who I assume is commission based is so uninterested in getting business.

Too bad we can't share the good ones here.

Kevin C
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:03 AM
golfadj's Avatar
golfadj golfadj is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 29,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc500 View Post
It is great that you have a good one. I agree, you have hit the lottery.

About five years ago we had a PVP for three cruises who was also great. Sadly, he left Carnival and we have been striking out ever since. We have gone through three, and each has been worse than the last. We're sailing November 10th on the Valor, and we're marketing the cruise to other family members who might want to join us. With a good PVP in the past, this has resulted in a group sailing as large as 30 people or more. In this case, the PVP we've listed on our flyer does not bother to return emails or telephone calls. Amazing that someone who I assume is commission based is so uninterested in getting business.

Too bad we can't share the good ones here.

Kevin C
Actually pvp's are not on commission. They get a bonus once they sell some number of cabins.

Incredible though that someone who is too lazy to return calls or emails can stay.

Suggest you ask around for a competent one.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Alliezona09's Avatar
Alliezona09 Alliezona09 is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapi View Post
One BIG misconception in these boards is that the agents that answer the 1-800-Carnival number are PVP's. They are NOT.

The agents that answer the phone at the 800-Carnival number are just that: reservations agents. They answer inbound calls, answer questions, make reservations and move on to the next guest. They may provide their extension number, but their goal is NOT to creat a relationship with the guest.

PVP's (or Personal Vacation Planners) can be reached by calling a different line (1-800-819-3902). Their goal IS to create a relationship with the guest. (and as you can read here, many Cruise Critic members have had the same PVP for years). Once a PVP starts working with a guest, they are their main contact for as long as they work there (or the guest decides to go somewhere else). The PVP "owns" the guest's profile. You may not know it, but part of the PVP's job is to research their guests (in fact, when the PVP department started, their department was called Consumer Research), and the goal was to get to know their guests to the best of their ability. Creating that relationship means that the guest will keep coming back.

If you find a good PVP, you truly hit the Carnival lottery. A good PVP can be a great asset helping you find a great cruise, lower pricing (and fare codes) that may be hard to find, and since they work directly for Carnival, they can provide a wealth of information about anything that's related to this specific cruise line. Best of all, it eliminates the middle man (TA) so you have full control of your reservations.

We've been working with the same PVP for MANY years and his service is absolutely amazing. All of our information is already stored in his database (preferences, special rates we qualify for, ID's, verification, names, dates of birth, etc), so when I'm ready to book a cruise, all he needs is a credit card number. Literally, I'm done booking my cruise in 5 minutes.

Even after 13 Carnival cruises (and thinking that I know everything there is to know about Carnival) my PVP is still a great source of suggestions, facts, and information about our cruises. He provides professional, courteous and friendly service. He's been SO good, that he has joined us on embarkation day at the Port of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Port Canaveral to have lunch with us, followed by a personalized ship tour. I wonder what TA has done that for their passengers!

I always say that our vacation begins the moment we make that initial phone call to our PVP.
Great post~! Agree 100%~ I have an amazing PVP~ she has gone above and beyond to help us out. She always get us lower fares than I can find online~ she gets my FCC's applied in 2 minutes, she even got one applied well after final payment~ I feel that I did hit the Carnival lottery~ wish I could give her name here~
__________________
~Allie~



~~NCL~~
Sky~July 8-12 & July 15-19, 2013 # 1 & 2~ Total Rewards/CAS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CCL ~ Spirit~December 2, 2011~15day RT to Hawaii~(8)
CCL ~ Conquest~October 9, 2011 (7)
CCL ~ Conquest~October 10, 2010 (6)
CCL ~ Splendor~March 14, 2010 (5)
CCL ~ Paradise~January 8, 2010 (4)
CCL ~ Conquest~October 11, 2009 (3)
RCCL ~ Monarch of the Seas~November 2, 2007 ~ 40th Birthday Cruise(2)
CCL ~ Conquest~March 26, 2006 ~ Dinner with Capt. Massimo Marino (2)
CCL ~ Victory~April 29, 2005 (1)
RCCL ~ Monarch of the Seas~June 1999 (1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
74 Total Sea Days
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old June 26th, 2012, 01:08 PM
xitappers2bx xitappers2bx is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: philly-ish
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola4795 View Post
First of all, I don't really know what PVP stands for, but I'm assuming it is some sort of Carnival representative who will help with cruise bookings. Someone can start out by helping me with that definition!

Is there an advantage to using a PVP? I've been planning on just booking our cruise online. Is there a reason not to do this?
there is no advantage.

there is a disadvantage:
pvp's work for carnival. a travel agent works for you.


when i went to book this year's cruise, the pvp's price was a bit lower than my TAs... so i called my TA, whom my family has been using for years, and she knocked off a few hundred dollars at the expense of her own commission for the sale.

before i booked, i had told the pvp that i had a credit for some drama that occurred in 2010 onboard... the pvp absolutely refused to honor the credit, as it expired 48 hours before we boarded. my TA on the other hand made dozens of phone calls and did all the work needed to ensure that we got our credit. instead of me having to fill out the redic number of forms (which if you have a PVP you have to do) my TA did everything, and i got a phone call from her saying everything was fine, and that when i board next month everything will be as it is supposed to be.
__________________
Sensation, July 09 U108 GS, Pride, December 09 8266 OS, pride suite photos, Miracle, July 10 6168 OS RCCL Liberty of the Seas Feb. 13 2012, Carnival Miracle July 25 2012. HAL Westerdam ALASKA!! May 18 2013 Carnival Splendor March 17 2014 Carnival Dream January 4 2015 (too many days away!)
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old June 26th, 2012, 01:27 PM
wannago35 wannago35 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,052
Default

My PVP is just okay. Very rarely since we cruised last summer has she called/emailed with specials (this is only our 2nd cruise so maybe we need to go more for her to do that), we get more of that from Carnival directly. But she did remember our anniversary is coming up next year & that we wanted to take a cruise, and reached out to us.

I had already been researching cruises on Carnival dot com & online here, so she didn't tell me anything I didn't already know as far as ships/itineraries/cabin location. All she really did was book it & take the deposit, I knew the cabin I wanted so it was very easy.

Admittedly this same PVP almost cost us an early saver OBC last time we used her, but hubby said since we got the credit I should let it go & give her another shot. Plus we were both excited about booking, so we did. She is good about answering calls and email, always has been, I will give her that. We'll see how it plays out this time.

If I could find a good TA, like some of the ones described on these boards, I'd probably give it a shot.
__________________


Kay
___________________________________
Carnival Fantasy, July 2011 (Key West, Nassau, & Freeport) - read my review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1456393#
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:09 PM
lola4795 lola4795 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 191
Default

Everyone here seems like they either use a PVP or a TA. Does anyone ever just book straight through the cruiseline website? That's what I'm planning to do..
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Mulege Mulege is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,611
Default

I use a very popular online agency that advertises on CC. I get the same price that Carnival offers plus some very nice OBCs and sometimes PP gratuities too. They also submit all price reductions I send them on my ES. I'll stick with them.
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:35 PM
USA41018's Avatar
USA41018 USA41018 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Edgewood, Kentucky
Posts: 1,575
Default

Over 8 years ago, we booked our first cruise with Carnival. We booked it through a PVP. 20 cruises later, with an additional 2 booked, we are still with the same PVP and would not change for nothing. I have recommended her to my brother and his wife (who have taken 8 or more cruises and booked through her), my son and daughter. Also neighbors and friends. She has had 2 children during our relationship, I know their names and ages. I talk to her about my brother, daughter and granddaughters who cruise.

It has taken time to develop this relationship but it is one that has many benefits. She knows our preferences, discounts, where we have cruised and what we are looking for in upcoming cruises. She knows that I spend alot of time in the casino and checks to see if I qualify for casino cash or bon voyage gifts and arranges to have them placed in our cabin.

By booking online, you can still call Carnival if you have questions but you will get someone different everytime you call. I prefer to talk with the same person each time I call, the person that knows everything about my DH and myself when it comes to cruising.
__________________
NCL Majesty 6/00, RCCL Explorer 6/01, RCCL Voyager 6/03, Carnival Elation 5/04, Carnival Victory 6/05, RCCL Empress 10/06, Carnival Fantasy 6/07, Carnival Triumph 7/07, Carnival Sensation 3/08, Carnival Liberty 10/08, Carnival Fantasy 2/09, Carnival Miracle 3/09, Carnival Fantasy 8/09, Carnival Destiny 10/09, Carnival Fantasy 2/10, Carnival Triumph 3/10, Carnival Liberty 5/10, Carnival Inspiration 8/10, Carnival Miracle 10/10, Carnival Triumph 2/11, Carnival Freedom 3/11, Carnival Miracle 10/11, Carnival Liberty 3/12, Carnival Dream 3/12, Carnival Freedom 6/12, Carnival Valor 10/12, Carnival Breeze 3/13, Carnival Elation 5/13, Carnival Breeze 9/13, Carnival Conquest 10/13, Carnival Paradise 3/14, Carnival Magic 4/14, Carnival Glory 5/14, Carnival Fascination 8/14, Carnival Splendor 10/14 (Diamond Cruise)

Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:38 PM
ScubaKat's Avatar
ScubaKat ScubaKat is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola4795 View Post
Everyone here seems like they either use a PVP or a TA. Does anyone ever just book straight through the cruiseline website? That's what I'm planning to do..

That's what I do, also. It's easy and straight forward. The only time I would use another avenue is if I needed multiple cabins or any special requirements. Otherwise, do it yourself. Be in control of the process from start to finish.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.