Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old June 28th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Default Member Reviews of the Week by mlsully, ChillKat, TexasGail, kc1126 & 12rudy0169!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Cruise Critic Insulated Sportsbag-- we hope they enjoy it!

Freedom of the Seas Fantastic Time on Freedom of the Seas by mlsully
Background Information - We are a family of four with kids ages 13 and 9. I researched cruises on Cruise Critic as well as the Internet for a year before selecting the Freedom of the Seas cruise. I have been on one previous cruise (Carnival) back in the late 1980's. This was the first cruise for our entire family. We had first thought about a Disney cruise but found that one room for four nights with a balcony (a bit larger size for four of us) was more expensive than two (promenade) cabins on Royal Caribbean for seven nights. We decided to book our cruise through our local AAA agency. They were great. They helped us with passports, printed and binded our cruise ticket booklets, and laminated our luggage tags for us. We got a special through them as well -$50 credit per cabin, champagne and VIP boarding (more about that below). We decided on two connecting Promenade cabins which we loved. Continue reading... Fantastic Time on Freedom of the Seas

Sapphire Princess Alaska-Dream trip of a lifetime! by ChillKat
We decided to start our trip out with a land tour and finish with an Glacier Bay Inside Passage southbound cruise that would end at Vancouver. We chose Princess Cruises because we had read many good reviews of their Alaska tours. Also after reading many reviews we were encouraged to book the land tour and ship and excursions ourselves. This saved some money and we were also able to customize our trip to our personal tastes. It was also a more intimate time for us, going out and discovering this beautiful place on our own. Our planning began over a year in advance which gave us a lot of time to read and research our trip. We found driving the roads to be very easy (be sure to check Alaska driving sites for their particular driving laws. Continue reading... Alaska-Dream trip of a lifetime!

Carnival Triumph Great for quick getaway! (long review) by TexasGail
All the negative comments are rather off-putting, but as long as you know what you're getting into beforehand, you'll have a great time! Let me start by saying we are not "picky" people...we go on cruises for a change of pace. I'm retired and my husband is self-employed and we live in a small city so sometimes (like this one) we just like to be around a diverse group of people having fun and Carnival never disappoints. When we want a longer, more sophisticated cruise, we go with Celebrity. We arrived at the parking lot (Lighthouse...we always use them and they are great) around 11:30 on Thursday and were quickly taken to the ship. Embarkation was a breeze...literally just walked on with no waiting. Immediately went to lunch and explored the ship. Our room was ready around 1:00 and we were able to put away our carry-on stuff. Then out for more exploring. Our luggage made it there close to 5:00. Put everything away and started VACATION: A Continue reading... Great for quick getaway! (long review)

Norwegian Pearl Beautiful Alaska and Canada by kc1126
My husband and I sailed on the NCL Pearl on June 17. We are from Louisiana, both in our 30's and this was our first cruise together, but we each have sailed before - me on Carnival and Royal Caribbean; he on NCL and RC. My primary purpose was to see Alaska and have a nice, relaxing vacation without having to worry about hotels, transportation, etc. I hope this review is helpful to anyone who is considering sailing on NCL. OVERALL IMPRESSION: NCL has some positive points and some negatives. I think some of the negatives are just inherent with any cruise line (annoying kids, crowded buffets, sales pitches, etc.). We did have a great time; Alaska was beautiful, the excursions fun, and the ship well maintained and very pretty. However, I would probably not sail on NCL again since "freestyle" cruising is not my style and it is by no means "free". Continue reading... Beautiful Alaska and Canada

Celebrity Infinity Cruise ended with a fizzle instead of a pop! by 12rudy0169
Sailed Celebrity Infinity round trip Seattle - Tracy Arm Fjord - June 15 - 22, 2012. When we boarded (which seemed pretty organized) and finally were on board the ship, we passed a couple of crew members standing next to some Mimosas. They never offered any to us. I went up and asked if those were for us and then we were given some. What a send off! That should have been the tip off for me that this trip was not customer oriented. My biggest complaint was that they did not advertise their grand brunch, buffet, or whatever you want to call it. After being on 6 cruises, this is the first time I have ever missed this special event. It was never mentioned in any of the entertainment evenings or in any of the literature that was given to us. We would get special invitations to sales events for whatever they were pushing that day, but nothing about the buffet. As Aqua Class, we ate in the Blu Restaurant instead of the Trellis where the brunch was. Blu was much less hectic. We did eat in the Trellis one day for lunch, and I don't think I would have enjoyed that huge dining room for dinners. The Blu Restaurant which was part of Aqua Class was much more intimate. Continue reading... Cruise ended with a fizzle instead of a pop!

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; June 28th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

Ad Sponsored By