Buy Booze, pay fee and take to your cabin ?

RC Dog

Does RCCL still allow you to purchase liquor in the store onboard and pay the extra fee to take it to your cabin at the time of purchase ? Just curious.

We'll be on Explorer.

Thanks for any info from any recent cruisers.

Does RCCL still allow you to purchase liquor in the store onboard and pay the extra fee to take it to your cabin at the time of purchase ? Just curious.

We'll be on Explorer.

Thanks for any info from any recent cruisers.

When we were on the explorer in january of '04, you could still buy it and pay a fee. The shop was not very big, but they had a huge selection of alcohol and specials everyday. I remember it always being crowded in there.

I just got off of the Rhapsody yesterday. Booze that is purchased at the company store can be taken to your cabin for an extra fee. I would be lying if I told you I knew what the percentage was, but it was 25% on the last Holland America I went on. But....wine is not sold in the company store. You have to purchase that at a bar or at dinner. Let me know if you want info regarding wine packages....

Hello - I'm mostly interested to know if you can purchase for example a bottle of vodka and take it to your cabin for a fee or will they only hold it for you until the last night. I thought I read somewhere they stopped that option of paying the fee and only let you have the bottle on the last night.

Thanks.

Recently off of Explorerlast month. There is a $9.50 consumption fee(corkage fee pertains to wine in the dining room, not liquor) per bottle to take any liquor purchases to your cabin. Explorer is very consistent on this policy. You can also purchase liquor on board, not pay the $9.50 consumption fee and they will hold the liquor for you until the last night of the cruise, when it is returned to your stateroom. Any on-shore liquor purchases will also be held until the last night of the cruise, if they catch ya with it!!!

Got off the grandeur yesterday. Sniffff.....

$9.50 consumption fee per bottle if you want to take to your room. You can do this anytime during your cruise, not just the first night as previoulsy thought. No wine in liquor store, only liquor such as bailey's rum, vodka etc.

I also just got of the Grandeur. We paid the 9.50 fee for a Bailey's.My husband is hooked on it.As far as a consistant policy I can say not always so.Last summer on the Jewel,the guy in the liquor store was letting people buy as much as they wanted to take to the cabin.We asked why and he said they do it that way until they see how the bars are doing.He said if sales are down then they charge the fee.Obviously the bar sales where okay because you could buy the liquor through the entire cruise.The fall before that we were on the Vision and they were doing 2 for 1 the first night.Pretty much though,I would plan on paying the 9.50.

Judie,

How were the prices on Baileys? I was thinking of bringing it from home to avoid the whole 9.50 fee, but if it's reasonable, it's probably worth it not to worry about it being confiscated and having to rebuy it anyway.

Do they sell champagne on the ship in the store or do you have to buy it at the bars?

Thanks,

Donna;)

Hello - I'm mostly interested to know if you can purchase for example a bottle of vodka and take it to your cabin for a fee or will they only hold it for you until the last night. I thought I read somewhere they stopped that option of paying the fee and only let you have the bottle on the last night.

Thanks.

On the Navigator back in December you could purchase the bottle and pay the surcharge and carry it back to your room.

Sleeples23...If I remember correctly it was like 16.00 for a litre...the corkage fee added alot but still better that paying about 6.25 per drink.In Grand Cayman at the Tortuga store it was 27.00 for 2 but there was a slight money difference so I think it was about the same as the ship.If you spend more than 20.00 you cant get a 2.00 coupon on the ship.that makes it a good deal if you are taking it back home.We did because in New York with all the taxes the same size bottle is 29.00 for one!

Archived