Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old July 5th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Default Member Reviews of the Week by kbast-JennCandi-near the beach-cyclenut-account4fun!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Cruise Critic Insulated Sportsbag-- we hope they enjoy it!

Disney Dream Lovely Anniversary/Graduation Cruise by kbast
My boyfriend and I booked this cruise last minute. It was originally to celebrate my graduation but it was also around our 2 year anniversary, making it a double celebration. Background, I am 23 and my boyfriend is 29. His parents are AVID Disney cruisers and have been on more than 30 of them. My boyfriend had been on 2 Disney cruises with his parents when he was in his teens but this was my very first cruise. We found a great deal online that guaranteed a room with a veranda. Downside was that we had to pay the full price upfront, we could not get any money back if we had to cancel, and we could not pick our room and had to wait until we boarded the cruise to find out what our room number was. This was well worth it to us due to the price! We ended up paying less for a veranda than others had for an indoor room. Continue reading... Lovely Anniversary/Graduation Cruise

Norwegian Star Cruising with Young Kids by JennCandi
Sailing out of NYC was a breeze for us, as we only live 45 minutes away. We were dropped off around 12:00 and they took our bags at the curb. Walked into the terminal and were directed towards the VIP line, due to the 2 kids in strollers (this seems to happen a lot and I am planning on keeping my kids in strollers until they do not fit anymore!) We got our cards and were on the boat within 15 minutes. The greeters tried to steer us towards the buffet (probably due to the two toddlers), but we declined. Having read a lot about the Star before the cruise, we knew to head to the Versailles Dining Room for lunch. After lunch we decided to head to the room to see if it was ready and how exactly we were going to fit the four of us in there for a week. Continue reading... Cruising with Young Kids

Carnival Dream Awesome cruise by near the beach
Check in went quickly. After a short wait we had our boarding photo taken and boarded the ship. We then had another photo taken with a green background. It was for facial recognition of the photos that will be taken on the ship. We did the usual. Stare at the atrium on our way to the lido deck for some lunch. Not much food was ready yet. We purchased some bottomless bubbles stickers while waiting for the food to be ready. We drank a lot of soda and juice on the cruise. We booked a deluxe ocean view cabin with four passengers. The cabin has one bath room with a toilet, a sink and a shower. It also has a second bathroom with a sink and small tub with a shower. Really nice that two can shower at the same time separately. There was enough closet and drawer space for our clothes. All of our luggage fit under the king size bed. The beds were very comfortable. The cabin had a thermostat that was adjustable to keep the cabin a temperature that we liked. When we entered our cabin I was surprised not to see the fold down bed on the wall for our fourth person. I didn't realize that it came down from the ceiling. We had purchased some birthday cabin decorations from the Bon Voyage department before our sail date. They really made the cabin look nice. Continue reading... Awesome cruise

Freedom of the Seas Freedom Annivesary Cruise by cyclenut
My wife and I selected the Western Caribbean itinerary aboard Royal Caribbean. Our travel agent recommended the Freedom of the Seas as our ship, which turned out to be the perfect choice. We chose to book our own flights and we flew Virgin American from the West Coast to Orlando. We had never flown Virgin American and were very impressed. Very friendly atmosphere, comfortable leather seating in coach and exceptionally friendly staff. We stayed at the Hampton Inn, Cocoa Beach using their Snooze and Cruise package. That turned out to be an excellent choice as well. It included free shuttle service to and from the airport and the cruise terminal, breakfast on departure day, access to the beach and pool area the day of disembarkation and very friendly staff. We were not even on the ship yet and we were enjoying our vacation! Continue reading... Freedom Annivesary Cruise

Celebrity Silhouette Celebrity Silhouette 6/12/12 Rome to Venice by account4fun
We traveled as a family of 4 adults (30's and 60's) and this was our first Celebrity cruise. We stayed in Rome for 3.5 days before our cruise in an apartment on Campo de Fiori. The location was perfect: loud, really fun and you can walk everywhere. We loved Rome and did all the main tourist attractions (Vatican, Colosseum, etc). We also booked a day trip to Orvieto & Civita di Bagnoregio which was fantastic. We used Rome Cabs to take us to Civitavecchia and it was very easy and only took us about 40 minutes on a Tuesday. Continue reading... Celebrity Silhouette 6/12/12 Rome to Venice

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; July 5th, 2012 at 07:07 PM.

Ad Sponsored By