Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old July 12th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by Artemis, FlaFam3, agru, CalifCruiser326 & 8milfan!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Cruise Critic Insulated Sportsbag-- we hope they enjoy it!

Freedom of the Seas Freedom W Carib June 2012: Another Royal cruise! by Artemis
This is a "just the facts, m'am" review of the Western Caribbean voyage of Freedom OTS June 24-July 1, 2012...sorry, we didn't take a single picture! To make up for the lack of eye candy, I've published five downloadable PDFs with newbies and obsessive researchers in mind: 1. Food and Drink Specials -- An overview of featured food and beverage events and the daily MDR menu designations, e.g., Venetian Night; 2. "The Planner" - A handy one page flyer overviewing the highlights of each cruise day (sort of a condensed Cruise Compass for the week); 3. Royal's "Online Guide"--The brochure from the Internet cafe with package prices and "how to" instructions for accessing the Internet while aboard ship; 4. The Labadee map; and 5. Disembarkation Guide -- Everything you need to know about disembarkation. Continue reading... Freedom W Carib June 2012: Another Royal cruise!

Carnival Dream 2nd time on the Carnival Dream by FlaFam3
We are a family of 3 (with a 6 y.o.) who sailed on the Dream June 2011 (western itinerary) and loved it, loved it, loved it. This year we decided to do the eastern itinerary but are not raving about the Dream. Some good, but some bad and at times we thought Carnival may have been trying to cut costs. We gave much thought to the cruise line this year and decided to stay with Carnival, and the Dream in particular, due to (1) it is economical as compared to the other cruise lines (hey we can spend the extra $'s on the islands), (2) we knew and liked the Dream, and (3) our 6 y.o. was too young/small for some of the cool things on the other ships we were looking at (Oasis).
Continue reading... 2nd time on the Carnival Dream

Amsterdam 14 Day Alaska Cruise by agru
My husband and I had been talking about going to Alaska for quite a while, but always found ourselves going somewhere warmer instead. When I found out this was the last year the Amsterdam would be doing its two-week Alaska itinerary, we decided it was time to go. We used the Holland America (HAL) website, deciding to book an inside cabin low and in the center. Our decision was based on two issues: 1. My husband tends toward seasickness, so we wanted a cabin which would be more stable. 2. We were going to be in Alaska during summer solstice, so we wanted a place which would be dark at night. Continue reading...14 Day Alaska Cruise

Regatta Regatta - Down Under Done Right by CalifCruiser326
Setting foot on all seven continents was on our “bucket list” and only one continent remained to be conquered, Australia. So my husband and I booked passage on Oceania’s “Coral Seas and Australian Adventures” – a twenty-one day cruise to New Zealand, Tonga, Fiji, New Caledonia, and Australia aboard Oceania’s Regatta. Getting There & Embarkation Our air arrangements were made by Oceania. We had a non-stop flight from San Francisco to Auckland on Air New Zealand. What can I say, twelve hours of cramped quarters, inedible food, and stale air. This of course is no fault of Oceania. Long-haul air travel for the serfs in economy class is usually miserable. Continue reading... Regatta - Down Under Done Right

Celebrity Millennium A Bucket List Must ---- Alaska my new love by 8milfan
We flew into Achorage a couple days early before Landtour #12 started (Anchorage - Talkeetna-Denali (2 nights)-Aleyska). We visited the Anchorage Museum, Cultural Center, Earthquake Park, Weekend Market, and 3 breweries (Glacier, Firetap, Humpys). Anchorage is a nice city with easy to navigate streets. We were able to go to the grocery store and buy snacks and water for the land tour. We took our rental car back and caught the Celebrity transfer to the Anchorage Marriott our starting point for the land trip. The hotel overlooks the bay and has mountain views though we had to crane our neck to see them from our room. You can walk easily around Anchorage to food, shopping center, souvenier shops, museums. Continue reading... A Bucket List Must ---- Alaska my new love

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; July 12th, 2012 at 11:44 AM.

Ad Sponsored By