Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
- Read thousands of Royal Caribbean Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
- Write a Royal Caribbean Cruise Review
- Find Your Royal Caribbean Roll Call
See posts about:
Adventure of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Quantum of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas

Allure of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas

Old July 14th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Last Minute Cruise still possible??

Due to job uncertainity we did not book a family vacation this summer due to no union contract etc and will know in the next few days and if all good would like to try and plan a family cruise. I have been looking at Freedom for August 5th and prices / availabilty change each day. How late can you book? Would more cabins be available over the phone than online. Would it be easier to get two cabins for two or one with four? With being less than 30 days out if you book will you be able to get tickets to see the shows plan excursions etc. Would you go with Royal directly or would a travel agent be more helpful with last minute arrangements. We have cruised Diney and Carnival both booked over a year in advance but the kids are now teens and want to try the flow rider, rock walls, etc . Any information or suggestions would be extremely helpful! Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old July 14th, 2012, 02:57 AM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueWC View Post
Due to job uncertainity we did not book a family vacation this summer due to no union contract etc and will know in the next few days and if all good would like to try and plan a family cruise. I have been looking at Freedom for August 5th and prices / availabilty change each day. How late can you book? Would more cabins be available over the phone than online. Would it be easier to get two cabins for two or one with four? With being less than 30 days out if you book will you be able to get tickets to see the shows plan excursions etc. Would you go with Royal directly or would a travel agent be more helpful with last minute arrangements. We have cruised Diney and Carnival both booked over a year in advance but the kids are now teens and want to try the flow rider, rock walls, etc . Any information or suggestions would be extremely helpful! Thanks in advance for any advice.
1. You can book as long as there are cabins available, up to (I think) 72 hours before sailing.

2. More cabins will be available on the phone than are showing online, unless there are only a few. Then they are probably showing all of them on the website. You can use the website to see more cabins by clicking on "select another stateroom" and typing in a cabin number not on the list. If it's available, the site will tell you that you can book it.

3. It will be easier to get two cabins; quad cabins book up quickly, particularly during summer vacation season.

4. Freedom just allows you to book one show online. Don't worry about this. It's not like Oasis or Allure in that regard.

5. Excursions can readily be booked once on board.

6. Book directly with RC.

7. Good luck with your contract!

Last edited by Merion_Mom; July 14th, 2012 at 02:58 AM.

Old July 14th, 2012, 03:21 AM
10,000+ Club

I will add, welcome to Cruise Critic!

Great response by Merion Mom.

I didn't reply, because I don't know enough about Freedom. I hope everything works out, and have a great cruise.

Old July 14th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Freedom is a wonderful ship - one of my favorites! We booked our last cruise in Mariner of the Seas 6 days before sailing but we only had one cabin for 2 people to deal with and we literaly got the last balcony cabin available. It was near the very back of the ship without being an actual aft balcony so the location was not idea. However, we were happy to get a balcony at all.

Unless they've changed things a lot - you don't need prior reservations to any of the shows unless it is an ice show or you are on Allure/Oasis (we are going on Allure in Sept and have been Oasis as well).

Good luck and have fun!

Old July 14th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

I should add - we take a lot of family cruises- meaning my SIX siblings (I am the oldest at 39), their spouses and kids and my parents. We usually book one parent with one child in an inside and the other parent with another child in an outside/balcony/jr suite. One of my siblings has six children, another has four, another has three, another has two and two have none (including me), so we just kind of book it as needed.

It usually makes more financial sense for us to book inside rooms for the 3rd/4ths than adding them into our rooms.

Old July 14th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

In Feb. we booked our shows on the Freedom just like on the Allure.

Last edited by macrc; July 14th, 2012 at 12:03 PM.

Old July 14th, 2012, 12:20 PM
10,000+ Club

I will also like to welcome you to CC.

Last minute cruises are exciting! We have only done in once where we booked 3 weeks out....I would love to book today and sail in 3 days!!

Good luck, hope it all works out for you and your family!!

Spending Our Children's Inheritance
One Cruise a a Time!

259 days at sea with RC and counting!
23 cruises on RC!
Always excited for the next one!
Sovereign~ Majesty~ Monarch~
Vision x2 ~ Rhapsody x 2 ~ Grandeur~
Radiance x 7 ~ Serenade~ Brilliance~Jewel
Mariner x 2 ~ Navigator
We strayed to X and Princess....running back to RC!
Celebrity Eclipse
Crown Princess
~~~~~~~~
So many ships left to explore!!

~~~Future cruises~~~

May 2015 for a BIG birthday!
Alaska - Radiance

Oct 2015 Pacific Coast
Jewel of the Seas

RC does sail out of the west coast!!!

So Caribbean Feb 2016 Serenade