Last Minute Cruise still possible??
Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!
Due to job uncertainity we did not book a family vacation this summer due to no union contract etc and will know in the next few days and if all good would like to try and plan a family cruise. I have been looking at Freedom for August 5th and prices / availabilty change each day. How late can you book? Would more cabins be available over the phone than online. Would it be easier to get two cabins for two or one with four? With being less than 30 days out if you book will you be able to get tickets to see the shows plan excursions etc. Would you go with Royal directly or would a travel agent be more helpful with last minute arrangements. We have cruised Diney and Carnival both booked over a year in advance but the kids are now teens and want to try the flow rider, rock walls, etc . Any information or suggestions would be extremely helpful! Thanks in advance for any advice.1. You can book as long as there are cabins available, up to (I think) 72 hours before sailing.
2. More cabins will be available on the phone than are showing online, unless there are only a few. Then they are probably showing all of them on the website. You can use the website to see more cabins by clicking on "select another stateroom" and typing in a cabin number not on the list. If it's available, the site will tell you that you can book it.
3. It will be easier to get two cabins; quad cabins book up quickly, particularly during summer vacation season.
4. Freedom just allows you to book one show online. Don't worry about this. It's not like Oasis or Allure in that regard.
5. Excursions can readily be booked once on board.
6. Book directly with RC.
7. Good luck with your contract!
Great response by Merion Mom.
I didn't reply, because I don't know enough about Freedom. I hope everything works out, and have a great cruise.
Unless they've changed things a lot - you don't need prior reservations to any of the shows unless it is an ice show or you are on Allure/Oasis (we are going on Allure in Sept and have been Oasis as well).
Good luck and have fun!
It usually makes more financial sense for us to book inside rooms for the 3rd/4ths than adding them into our rooms.
Last minute cruises are exciting! We have only done in once where we booked 3 weeks out....I would love to book today and sail in 3 days!!
Good luck, hope it all works out for you and your family!!
30 cruises on RC!
Always excited for the next one!
Sovereign~ Majesty~ Monarch~
Vision x2 ~ Rhapsody x 2 ~ Grandeur~
Radiance x 8 ~ Serenade x 2~ Brilliance~Jewel x 2
Mariner x 2 ~ Navigator x 2
Alaska Cruise tour- Fairbanks- Radiance south bound
Jewel California Coastal
Serenade 10 nt So Caribbean
Serenade 11 nt So Caribbean
We strayed to X and Princess