Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old July 17th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default How to make a complaint re: Australia

Hi all, I need to some help who to make a complaint to regarding customer service I received on the phone.

My friend has recently received a outstanding bill via the post stating she did not settle her on board account before she ( which we have credit statement to say she did). We sailed in America but booked from Australia.

Unsure if the letter was legitimate because of all the scams to do with credit card fraud I called princess Australia for some more clarification. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes explain to the operator what happened and she said I will transfer you to our international section, after a further 20 minutes of waiting I got through to a very very rude man. He was extremely abrupt with me.

He told me that I had wasted my time because he had nothing to do with it and I should just hang up the phone, because princess Australia has nothing to do with the American company ( but they are happy to take bookings for them).

I said to him so I just waited on hold for 40 minutes and this is all you can do for me, is tell me to call America. (The money that I use to sort this out will be more than the amount that she owed). He also inflamed the suitation be repeatly telling me to have great day in a scarcastic voice.

Can anyone help me who to complain to or am I just wasting my breath.

I am so disappointed with Princess !
Thanks in advance

Pacific Dawn 1st June 2011 Short Break
Pacific Dawn 26th March 2011 New Zealand
Sun Princess 23rd January 2010 New Zealand

Dawn Princess 5th June 2009 Sydney - Brisbane
Pacific Star 14th April 2007 Nouema, Lifou, Port Villa

Old July 17th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bixy View Post
Hi all, I need to some help who to make a complaint to regarding customer service I received on the phone.

My friend has recently received a outstanding bill via the post stating she did not settle her on board account before she ( which we have credit statement to say she did). We sailed in America but booked from Australia.

Unsure if the letter was legitimate because of all the scams to do with credit card fraud I called princess Australia for some more clarification. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes explain to the operator what happened and she said I will transfer you to our international section, after a further 20 minutes of waiting I got through to a very very rude man. He was extremely abrupt with me.

He told me that I had wasted my time because he had nothing to do with it and I should just hang up the phone, because princess Australia has nothing to do with the American company ( but they are happy to take bookings for them).

I said to him so I just waited on hold for 40 minutes and this is all you can do for me, is tell me to call America. (The money that I use to sort this out will be more than the amount that she owed). He also inflamed the suitation be repeatly telling me to have great day in a scarcastic voice.

Thanks in advance
I'm sorry this happen to you. I think you need to deal directly with Princess in Los Angeles. I believe the people in Australia are just booking agents for Princess in name only. You might want to contact Princess in Los Angeles and request (fax) a copy of her itemized on board folio to see there is any outstanding balances. If it show paid in full there is no further action. Or you could just send a letter to Princess' Guest relations explain the situation along with the letter she received in the mail along with a copy of her credit card statement showing the charge. Keep a copy for your records. If it some kind of scam it might be a good idea to let Princess be advise of it. That should do it. Princess will contact her if there is any further action.

Old July 17th, 2012, 04:03 PM
30,000+ Club

Quote:

Thanks in advance
Send an email to Princess in Santa Clarita.

Old July 17th, 2012, 04:09 PM
5,000+ Club

I, too, would be disappointed with that treatment. I hope you can reach some one at Princess to help you...
Star Princess- South America 1/30/13
Ruby Princess- Caribbean 12/23/11
Victoria Anna- Yangtze River Cruise 7/10/11
Caribbean Princess- Canada/New England 10/02/10
HAL Rotterdam- Alaska 07/10/10
Golden Princess- Alaska 07/11/09
Crown Princess-Baltic 07/09/2008
Several Princess Cruises to Bahamas July 1980s and 1990s

Old July 17th, 2012, 06:03 PM
10,000+ Club

I would have your friend send an email to customer service at Princess (hopefully someone can post the email address on this thread). If she gave a credit card at the embarkation check in that's okay, and she didn't go over her limit, there really shouldn't be any problem, I would guess. You can give your friend the name of the rude guy to include in the email.

She should look over the final accounting (the one that's slipped under the door early the disembarkation morning) just to make sure there's nothing irregular there (good idea to do that right on the spot anyway).

Make sure to tell her to keep the email short and sweet...stick to the pertinent facts and keep it readable..if more than say eight lines, she should split the text into paragraphs).

Hoping for another trip to the land of Aloha!

Carnival Jubilee - Mex. Riv.; Sensation - W. Caribb.; Holiday (2Xs) - Baja; Paradise - E Caribb; Ecstasy - Baja; Star Princess - Mex. Riv.; Sapphire Princess - Alaska; Island Princess - Hawaii; Golden Princess - Hawaii (one of the best cruises ever!!!!); another Golden Princess -- Hawaii

Read about my most recent cruise at
http://www.sites.google.com/site/holidayalohaii/home

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:10 PM
10,000+ Club

Maybe this email????

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Hoping for another trip to the land of Aloha!

Carnival Jubilee - Mex. Riv.; Sensation - W. Caribb.; Holiday (2Xs) - Baja; Paradise - E Caribb; Ecstasy - Baja; Star Princess - Mex. Riv.; Sapphire Princess - Alaska; Island Princess - Hawaii; Golden Princess - Hawaii (one of the best cruises ever!!!!); another Golden Princess -- Hawaii

Read about my most recent cruise at
http://www.sites.google.com/site/holidayalohaii/home

Old July 17th, 2012, 07:52 PM
5,000+ Club

Perhaps call the CEO of Carnival Australia - Ann SHERRY? Princess/P&O in Australia all work out of the Carnival Australia Office at North Sydney. Phone: (from Australia) 84248800

Princess Australia was your agent for this booking, they must take some responsibility.

PRINCESS ELITE CRUISER: 356 days
Also cruised with Celebrity, P&O, Carnival, Sitmar.
World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand and still going !

Last Cruise: Arcadia - 13 April 2014, Central Mediterranean, Southampton to Southampton - 18 days.

Future Cruises:
Aurora - 17 September 2015, Canada/New England, Southampton to Southampton - 25 days.
Oriana - 20 October 2015, Atlantic Islands, Southampton to Southampton - 15 days.

'Adventure before Dementia !!'

Last edited by NSWP; July 17th, 2012 at 07:56 PM.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:40 AM
5,000+ Club

Post a brief description of your complaint on Alan Buckalew's Facebook page. For two weeks I had a problem resolving a web site identity problem with Carnival. I posted my complaint on Carnival's equivalent page. That same day I received a response from a customer service agent who solved the problem overnight.

http://www.facebook.com/alan.buckelew
2000 Mercury W. Caribbean
2000 Volendam S. Caribbean
2001 Viking Star Danube River
2001 Veendam E. Caribbean
2002 Veendam B2B Alaska
2003 Zuiderdam B2B W/E Caribbean
2004 Maasdam E. Caribbean
2005 Grand Princess W. Caribbean,
2005 RVI Europe
2005 Veendam S. Caribbean
2006 Grand Princess W. Caribbean
2007 Grand Princess W. Caribbean
2008 Crown Princess S. Caribbean
2008 Sea Princess Canada/New England
2009 Maasdam S. Caribbean
2009 Crown Princess British Isles
2010 Grand Princess S. Caribbean
2010 Carnival Conquest W. Caribbean
2010 Crown Princess W. Caribbean
2011 Maasdam S. Caribbean
2011 Emerald Princess B2B E/S Caribbean
2012 Carnival Magic W. Caribbean
2013 Crown Princess W. Caribbean
2014 Caribbean Princess W. Caribbean January 11
2014 Caribbean Princess W. Caribbean April 19

Last edited by Stevesan; July 18th, 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Cool Cruiser

The problem with email is I think the Australian website "catches" all traffic at princess dot com and you won't get through to the American website or American customer relations. It is very frustrating. Maybe that Facebook link or higher up in Australia might be worthwhile unless someone can give you a specific email address for someone high up in customer relations America ie: johnsmith at princess dot com.

Email Me

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:50 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesan View Post
Post a brief description of your complaint on Alan Buckalew's Facebook page. For two weeks I had a problem resolving a web site identity problem with Carnival. I posted my complaint on Carnival's equivalent page. That same day I received a response from a customer service agent who solved the problem overnight.

http://www.facebook.com/alan.buckelew
Nice!
Star Princess- South America 1/30/13
Ruby Princess- Caribbean 12/23/11
Victoria Anna- Yangtze River Cruise 7/10/11
Caribbean Princess- Canada/New England 10/02/10
HAL Rotterdam- Alaska 07/10/10
Golden Princess- Alaska 07/11/09
Crown Princess-Baltic 07/09/2008
Several Princess Cruises to Bahamas July 1980s and 1990s

Old July 18th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Thanks in advance

I would e-mail a copy of your post to Costumer Services and the CEO.

E-mail addresses for these departments follows.

Customerrelations<customerrelations@princesscruise s.com>;

Ceo <arbuclew@princess.com>

Cato

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA
2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.
3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.
4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)
5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning
6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.
7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning
8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning
9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning
10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B
12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning
14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.
We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines
16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.
17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean
19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07Jun.0212 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL
20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

Future & Hopeful Cruises !
( Already booked )
21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York.
22 & 23rd cruises - Sapphire Princess B2B, 04 - 11 May & 11 - 18 May, 2013, California Coastal & Wine Country
24th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.
25th cruise - Emerald Princess, 01 Oct. - 16 Oct. 2013, 16 Day Cruisetour, Toronto Via Quebec City to New York City

Old July 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM
10,000+ Club

I cannot understand that if you booked in Australia through Princess Australia that the Australian Princess Company cannot help you. It is a separate company but as it took your booking they should still be able to help a customer. Otherwise, buy an International phone card for $10 here in Australia and dial the toll free number - 0011 1 866 335 6379 or 0011 1 800 774 6237 and then you can speak to whom ever you need to for as long as you want and it won't be costing very much at all. I have done this and it only cost me 20 cents!

If you have the Visa or Amex statement with the credit on then it is not a big worry. Your credit card provider can argue with Princess, if the letter isn't a scam, as they have the proof that the account was paid. Otherwise, get in touch with the T.A. you booked through and ask them to find out why you still have a debit on your shipboard account when you have paid the money.

I certainly wouldn't be wasting a lot of time or sleep over it as you have the statement saying that it has been paid.

Jennie

2014 Diamond Princess - Kyushu & Onsens Mystery Cruise around Japan due to 2 typhoons - 9 days
2014 Ocean Princess - Australia and Asia - 20 days.
2013 Noordam - Adriatic & Roman Explorer - 22 days.
2013 Ocean Princess - Land of the Midnight Sun - 16 days.
2013 Celebrity's Solstice - Auckland to Sydney - 12 days
2012 Emerald Princess - New England Cruise Tour - 15 days
2011 Royal Princess - Tahiti to Ft. Lauderdale via Sth America - Farewell Cruise - 26 days
2010 Ocean Princess - Capetown to Dover - via West Africa - 30 days
2009 Prinsendam - Athens to Ft. Lauderdale - Transatlantic - 24 days
2009 Azamara's Quest - Hong Kong to Beijing - Far East Asia - 14 days
2008 Tahitian Princess - Vancouver - Vancouver - Alaska in depth - 14 days
2008 Oceania's Nautica - Hong Kong to Athens - the Pirate run! - 35 days
2007 Tahitian Princess - Tahiti to Hawaii - 12 days
2007 Pacific Princess - Sydney - Sydney - the Pacific Islands - 10 days
2006 Veendam - Vancouver to Tampa via the Amazon - 33 days
2006 Galapagos Explorer ll - Galapagos Islands - 5 days
2006 Regal Princess - Rio de Janeiro to Valpariso via Antarctica - 21 days
2005 Maasdam - Boston to Rotterdam via Greenland, Iceland & Norway - 17 days
2004 Prinsendam - Athens to Venice via the Black Sea - 12 days
2004 Tahitian Princess - Tahiti & the Cook Islands -10 days
2003 Noordam - Copenhagen to Rome - 14 days
1999 Maasdam - Dover to Copenhagen via Russia (Baltic) - 13 days
1995 Olympic - Athen to Athens via Greek Islands & Istanbul -7days
1982 Oriana - Sydney to Sydney - 14 days

Cruises Booked

Last edited by Aussie Gal; July 18th, 2012 at 08:11 PM.