Amy Fickert...Oasis of the Seas..best CD ever

Just back from the Oasis sailing and of all the cruises we have been on, no one was as energetic, fun and accessible CD as Amy. She was everywhere, personnaly taught the 60 minute Zumba class, put together and starred in a 70's dance party on the Royal Promendade, posed for pictures at all times and was full of energy and fun. I can see why she has the premier ship in the fleet, she is awesome.

My entire party including me when I was on the Oasis could not stand her. She was horrible compared to many other CD. But then again my favorite is Graham Seymour, so It depends on one's personality and what one prefers. But I could NOT stand, "I'm Amy and you're awesome." ahhhhhhh!!!

Oh, and to me, the morning shows were HORRIBLE. Not funny in any way and dragged on. A far different cry from when I actually looked forward to them on FOS with Graham. I don't know if I actually was able to finish any of them on Oasis. Just my opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and preferences. We never watched the morning shows, we we're up and about working out or getting ready to go ashore, if I wanted to watch tv, I would have stayed home. I thought she was very friendly and she always had a crowd around her asking for a picture. I think the management at RCCL must also think a lot of her to put her on the flagship.

Sorry to say this, but I absolutely disagree. She is my least favorite CD on any ship AND on any cruise line..and I've spent hundreds of days on ships!

I overheard a conversation between her and the Captain and the way she was speaking about the guests AND the staff left A LOT to be desired. The Captain's side of the conversation was appropriate IMO. I don't think she realized that she was speaking loudly enough that the only two guests in Vintages (me and my mother) could hear her. Before the conversation I found her slightly annoying. Afterward, I find her diplorable. :eek:

Sidenote (yes, she was 'told off' in a kind way by the Captain in earshot..)

My entire party including me when I was on the Oasis could not stand her. She was horrible compared to many other CD. But then again my favorite is Graham Seymour, so It depends on one's personality and what one prefers. But I could NOT stand, "I'm Amy and you're awesome." ahhhhhhh!!!

Oh, and to me, the morning shows were HORRIBLE. Not funny in any way and dragged on. A far different cry from when I actually looked forward to them on FOS with Graham. I don't know if I actually was able to finish any of them on Oasis. Just my opinion.

Love, love Graham Seymour...he is my favorite too.

I think the management at RCCL must also think a lot of her to put her on the flagship.

I think management does not have a clue. Case and point Ken Rush. These two are the most annoying yet they are on the two top ships. Go figure.

Thankfully when we were on the Oasis we had Ricky Matthews. He was phenominal. He was filling in for Amy so I guess I'm kind of glad I missed her and got Ricky. He was just an good all around good guy with a lot of energy. We all thought he should stay on the Oasis but he was going back to the Serenade of the Seas which he liked very much. He left a lasting impression on all of us!

My all time favorite on any ship and on any line is Becky Thompsen who we had as a CD on the Mariner five years ago, bUt I understand she is no longer a CD. But I do have to say that Graham was great!!

Becky was most certainly the best I have ever had, also on Mariner. Close followup was a fellow Canadian who is now a RCMP officer I hear.

Amy is terrible! Had her on Oasis in January left much to be desired. Honestly I the only thing I heard her say all week was "I'm Amy and You're Awesome!" Nothing else not even an attempt at being funny. She rarely showed up to any of the shows before or after was usaually another member of her staff. At the M&M she was present for 5 minutes and then left did not say a word. At top tier event and welcome back party another member of her staff did all the talking. Terrible cruise director in my opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and preferences. We never watched the morning shows, we we're up and about working out or getting ready to go ashore, if I wanted to watch tv, I would have stayed home. I thought she was very friendly and she always had a crowd around her asking for a picture. I think the management at RCCL must also think a lot of her to put her on the flagship.

You clearly don't like my posting disagreeing and decided to take cheap shots in a low-key way for having a differing opinion ("If I wanted to watch tv, I would have stayed home." Really?). It's fine. I've accepted not everyone will have the same opinion, and that's a good thing.

I don't go on vacation to watch TV either. But, I have found myself in my room from time to time, particularly when I wake up and get ready for the day. Having the TV in the background is nice. However, the difference between my other cruises and Oasis (particularly on the Freedom), is I found myself paying more and more attention to the TV and gravitating to it because of the morning show. On Oasis, we could have cared less. It was boring and unfunny. If I remember correctly, I think by the end of the week we didn't even put the morning show on. It's nice because they explain the upcoming events, but we figured the schedule we got every day was good enough.

I will not disagree that she was friendly. She's a CD, they are ALL friendly. As a poster above stated, it shows their true character when they don't believe people are listening/watching. To me, she tried to hard. Her catchphrase(s) were annoying. I have no problems with cheerleaders but she seemed over the top cheerleader-ish to me.

And as far as Management thinking a lot of her for putting her on their flagship.... Um, not necessarily. A lot of other/outside factors and politics go into those decisions. You can find tons of websites, fan-sites, and articles on a lot of the popular Cruise Directors. You will see numerous threads on them on this site. I don't post much but I'm on here every day and see. THOSE are the popular CDs. They are the ones favored by the public (the people going on the vacations), obviously, and doesn't matter what management thinks. You don't see much of that for Amy.

It's not a bad thing that you like her. People will always have a differing opinion on others. From what I've heard on here, other sites, and from others on my cruise, it appeared more were annoyed than enjoyed her. I have not experienced that with the other CDs on the other ships I have been on. I was merely stating my opinion on the matter above. However, the way you replied to me, I did not personally like for reason stated above, so I thought I'd expand on my reasoning. You don't agree with me? it is OKAY! Again, to each their own.

Graham Seymour is a very big reason I am going back on the Freedom this winter and not a different ship. I would like to go back to an Oasis class ship next year and for the reason of Amy alone, we would be picking the Allure over Oasis.

"I'm Amy and YOU'RE AWESOME!!!" (BARF!!!):eek:

I pretty much avoid anything to do with the CD.

But, she introduced most of the shows. So, the "I'm Amy and YOU'RE AWESOME!!!" did get a bit ........ tiring.

To me, you could take all the CDs in the fleet and drop them all in the middle of the Atlantic and it would not bother me a bit.

And someone mentioned there was a morning TV show ..... geeeez, I didn't even know we had a TV.:rolleyes:

My all time favorite on any ship and on any line is Becky Thompsen who we had as a CD on the Mariner five years ago, bUt I understand she is no longer a CD. But I do have to say that Graham was great!!

We all thought Becky was awesone :D

I pretty much avoid anything to do with the CD.

But, she introduced most of the shows. So, the "I'm Amy and YOU'RE AWESOME!!!" did get a bit ........ tiring.

To me, you could take all the CDs in the fleet and drop them all in the middle of the Atlantic and it would not bother me a bit.

And someone mentioned there was a morning TV show ..... geeeez, I didn't even know we had a TV.:rolleyes:

CDS don't effect me either way as well however the one thing I DO know is that they absolutely set the tone for their cruise staff and all the entertainment onboard. I think on the big ships like Oasis, they probably don't have that much of an impact as the schedules and shows etc. are set in stone. But on the smaller cruise lines and vessels, they really do impact the overall enjoyment of a cruise. They are more visible and much more involved in the scheduling of the entertainment cruise to cruise.

Richard Spacey and Alan Brooks are my two favorites with RCCL. I never sailed with Graham Seymour however but continually hear how fantastic he is.

I don't really pay much attention to the CD but the one that I really don't care for is Richard Spacey, I know he has lots and lots and lots of fans but I'm not one of them, we have had him on Freedom and then a few years later in 2011 on Oasis - and his act is still the same, sometimes when we went to both sittings or a show we liked his introductions were done word for word, just seemed a bit fake. However, as I've said I know he has a lot of fans, I'm just not one of them.:)

CDs don't really make or break my cruise - that being said - I liked Becky on the Mariner as well. I guess we will find out about Amy next year when we sail on the Oasis :D.

(Really???? "I'm Amy and you're awesome" ~ yea, I can see how that might get old after a few days :rolleyes:)

Archived