Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old August 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by D&beach&J, nybumpkin, NewGirl12, VegasMark & Bubbis3!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Cruise Critic Insulated Sportsbag-- we hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Dawn Absolutely Fantastic Cruise! by D&beach&J
My husband and I cruised to Bermuda on July 27, 2012. This was a 7 day cruise out of Boston. Our cruise experience has been with Royal Caribbean (6), Celebrity (2), Norwegian (3), and Carnival (3). This was our third time on Norwegian Dawn. The ship is beautiful, but shows signs of age. Embarking (getting on the ship): Very smooth! The sail departure time was 4 p.m., and we arrived at the dock at noon time which is an hour later than we usually do. In the future, we will stick to arriving at 11:00 a.m. because they do start letting passengers on at that time. Cabins: We were in cabin #9722 and it was very quiet and fairly close to aft elevators. The buffet was on deck 12 aft, so that was convenient. Everything else was located more toward the middle of the ship so we did a lot of walking. Cabins on Norwegian are smaller than the ones on other cruise lines we have been on. Two twin beds were made into a king-size bed and it was extremely comfortable! Continue reading... Absolutely Fantastic Cruise

Carnival Pride Carnival Pride a second time by nybumpkin
This was our 16th cruise, all with Carnival. We started cruising in 2004 with a 5-day Canada cruise, just to see if we'd enjoy cruising. We got hooked. Before this cruise started we had 94 sailing days so we were Platinum before VIFP and we're still Platinum. I'll talk about VIFP throughout the review. Sailing were me (52), DH (51), and two of our three sons (16 and 12). Our oldest son is a senior at the US Merchant Marine Academy, and while we were sailing on Pride he was sailing on a three-week internship on USS Wasp. He had 9 Carnival cruises with us when he went away to school and now he's talking about a couple of cruises during school breaks this year with several of his classmates. We had originally hoped he would be able to join us on Pride for this cruise, but the Navy won. In his place was my 17 YO nephew, a first-time cruiser. Once we realized oldest son wouldn't be able to cruise with us, we thought about who could take his place -- and nephew came to mind pretty quickly. He's always gotten along well with our two younger sons. Continue reading... Carnival Pride a second time

Celebrity Summit A Fun Bermuda Cruise on Summit by NewGirl12
Background- We were on the July 22, 2012 cruise to Bermuda on the Summit. We're 30 (me) and 32 (my husband "J") from CT. No kids. It was my 3rd cruise, J's first. I can't really compare this cruise to my first 2, because I was young and didn't have an eye for service or food then. However, my second cruise was on RCI and we had an inside room, which I will never do again because of the lack of daylight. You should also know that we are self proclaimed "food snobs". Our only hobby as a couple is dining out and being obsessed with the Food Network-Chopped, Iron Chef, etc. So here we go! Embarkation: We drove to Bayonne from CT in just about 2 hours. We had no traffic thank goodness. We arrived at the dock around 12:45 I think, and parked in the regular parking area. We got through embarkation in about 30 minutes then made some dinner reservations at the kiosk before we got on the ship. Normandie for Sunday and Thursday nights. Continue reading...A Fun Bermuda Cruise on Summit

Radiance of the Seas Perfect cruise to Alaska with Radiance of the Seas! by VegasMark
My wife and I (early 30s), her parents, and their friends cruised northbound from Vancouver to Anchorage on July 20th, 2012. Overall we had a fabulous time and there were only a couple of minor issues. It was my 17th cruise, my wife's 6th, and the first for everyone else. We snagged a great deal on Priceline for the 4 star Westin Bayshore Hotel in Vancouver. We took the Skytrain from Vancouver airport, made one quick transfer, and we were at the hotel in about 25 minutes. A tip if you have a large party is to purchase Skytrain tickets at the 7-11 in the airport. A block of ten "two zone" tickets run about $3.25 each as opposed to the $8.75 they charge on the platform. The only negative is that you have to buy ten tickets, so either have a big group or plan to sell them to some other tourists on the platform. The hotel was in a great location steps from Stanley Park. There were also various shops, restaurants, and grocery stores within walking distance. The hotel was quiet and comfortable. Continue reading... Perfect cruise to Alaska with Radiance of the Seas!

Oasis of the Seas Oasis Summer Vacation by Bubbis3
First, let me preference this review by saying that I read a lot of reviews on Cruise Critic before going on Oasis. There will be some things that I address in this review that I previously read that I will try to address. That being said, my initial reaction to this cruise is that there's nothing that I could find that I would consider a "deal breaker" in deciding on sailing on this ship. There were some bumps in the road. But where I point out any issues, this shouldn't keep anyone from sailing on Oasis. I will try to point out some of the issues that I've read on the Cruise Critic blogs and tell you my observations. Background Information: I sailed with my parents. I guess I should call them DM (dear mom) and DD (dear dad). I have been on 7 cruises total. One with Carnival and the rest with Royal Caribbean. I guess you can say I'm kind of loyal to Royal Caribbean. After the completion of this cruise, I will have moved up to Emerald level in the C&A program. We traveled to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on state road 84. They offer a free shuttle to and from the airport but you will have to pay a little extra for transport to the ship terminal on Saturday. I called the hotel, after retrieving our luggage and was told to go to the off-site hotel area outside to wait for the shuttle. Continue reading... Oasis Summer Vacation

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; August 9th, 2012 at 01:03 PM.

Ad Sponsored By