Liquor Purchased Thru Guest Services

POOHISME2

Hi,

I pre-ordered Liquor thru Guest Services for my up-coming Golden cruise. My question is: Will my liquor be in my room when I or will I have to wait till the store opens to get it? Someone told me they leave vouchers in the cabin? Has anyone had any experience with pre-ordered liquor?

The way I understand it even if you pre-order it you have to call for it when you get to your room. Therefore, I usually just order it from room service when I first get to our room. Room service first for the liter of Gray Goose and pitcher of OJ, then it's Sterling's for the reservations. The room service is usually fast, therefore it's a quick screwdriver, then off to the buffet for my luncheon of desserts.

Last November on the Golden, I preordered 12 Coors Light beers and a bottle of Vodka. About 1pm, someone brought the order and placed the beer in the fridge. However, it was regular Budweiser. I DON"T THINK SO! So I called room service and told them I can't accept BUd. He said, "How about XYZ, (some Mexican beer)? We are all out of Coors Light!" They ended up bringing us Miller Lite. Also, the Vodka was what we ordered.

I think I would just order when I get to the ship next time.

Janet

Is there a charge for a pitcher or even a glass of OJ or cranberry juice delivered to the room. What about tonic water or limes, is there a charge for those through room service and is it available?

Does the Grand Princess have ice machines in the hallways or is that something you call room service for?

Is there a charge for a pitcher or even a glass of OJ or cranberry juice delivered to the room. What about tonic water or limes, is there a charge for those through room service and is it available?
Great question.. That would free up space in my already overpacked suitcase if I don't have to bring my own cranberry juice..LOL

Pooh ... You have traveled on so many different lines I would love to hear your comparisons when you return from the Golden, Please write a review and have fun on your trip! :)
Will do as soon as I get back. I already have my favorite, Princess will be a new experience, but at least I can share a review of the diferent ships..

Juice is available AT BREAKFAST from room service, free. Any other time of the day if you order it from room service 'there is a charge', no matter if it is a glass or a pitcher. The days of ordering a pitcher of juice delivered to your room free are now over and done.

Limes you can probably get either through room service or at one of the bars, but tonic you will pay for unless you purchase a soda card, which are much more reasonible on Princess then any other line we have ever sailed on. But then again, you would have to go get the tonic even with a soda card, they don't work through room service.

Any pre-orders we have ever made were waiting in our cabin for us when we boarded, never have found a voucher or had to call for delivery.

This will be my first cruise on Golden Princess. I'm a Rum & Coke kind of guy and my bride swills Vodka and Cranberry. We too pre-ordered. I hope the booze makes it there or I'll have to drink those funky Dreamsickles I had on RCL!

Can we get plenty of ice from the Room Steward for the blender? Or do I have to order a larger quantity through room service? Please don't get me wrong...my bar bill onboard is a whopper to boot!:)

Thank you for your reply.

Grey Goose liter pre-ordered is $32. CSR today told me it would be a voucher in the room, but I know some stewards go ahead and just get the bottle(s) shortly after boarding and put them in the room for you without you having to ask first.

Onboard room service or at the "package bar" is a couple of dollars less for most liquor.

Room steward will keep your ice bucket full.

I called Princes last night, the guest relations woman didn't know either. She said it might be there or they might put a voucher in my cabin?? What kind of answer was that?:eek:

I have an October Coral Princess booked also, Live and learn.. :confused: I will get it from room service next time!!

Pooh, if you call Princess Customer Service several times, you'll get several different answers. They don't know anything - probably because procedures vary from ship to ship. Even when we've had gifts sent to us, sometimes we've had vouchers and had to call, and other times they've been delivered. Even when delivered, you'll have to sign something acknowledging delivery.

My answer this year is: Good Luck, it depends on the ship and the itinerary.

Last year on the Star Princess/Greek Isles we had to beg the steward and the purser's office for 3 days before our pre-ordered liquor arrived.

This year on the Sapphire Princess/Southeast Asis we bought the liquor at Duty Free in LA and Hong Kong. It was a good thing we did this. A Canadian said he tried to get Rye from room service and was told that the stock was not to be replenished until about three days before the end of the cruise and Canadian Rye was not available. However, he did find what he wanted in one of the bars and the bartender said he would sell it to him by the drink (in the bottle). No thank you.

The earlier phase of this cruise became infamous in the Australian press for running out of Australian beer. I don't think they stocked up on that either, or at least not adequately, as we heard more complaints during the cruise.

Golden? Europe? Try Duty-Free.

Pre-ordering costs you $2 more per bottle. Easier to order from room service when you arrive.

A word of warning...the earlier you board the ship, the slower the service. We usuually check in early and the stewards are still cleanng up after previous passengers, in my experience.

Bring a few travellers and they will assure of that first celebratory drink on the balcony!

Archived