I have a question about alcohol

shelby2002

I did a search but can't seem to find the answer to. If I pre-order alcohol which I have looked up on the web site,

and it says a bottle of crown royal is $27.00 does that include the corkage fee. The reason I ask is on our last 2 Royal Carribean cruises you could purchase alcohol and there was a $10.00 corkage fee on each bottle you wanted in your cabin.

The price you are seeing on the Princess site is the total price you will pay. There is another option though, you can pick up the phone in your stateroom, call room service, and have it delivered right to your cabin, and the price is even a few dollars less than you will pay to pre-order it. No extra charge for consuming it in the privacy of your stateroom. It is a great feature on Princess and I hope it continues. There is also no limit to the amount you can order from room service and if you entertain, that comes in very handy.

Toto2Kansas is correct. I also agree, I hope that Princess continues this policy. I find Princess to be the most progressive line out there. It's no wonder I have 5 cruises booked with them over the next year and a half!!!

Keep up the good work Princess!

Good Bye RCL!

I did a search but can't seem to find the answer to. If I pre-order alcohol which I have looked up on the web site,

and it says a bottle of crown royal is $27.00 does that include the corkage fee. The reason I ask is on our last 2 Royal Carribean cruises you could purchase alcohol and there was a $10.00 corkage fee on each bottle you wanted in your cabin.

Cockage is only for wine you bring to dinner...

I think Shelby was talking about the extra $9.00 (or was it $9.50 per bottle?) that RCI charges to consume the alcohol in your stateroom. Mentioned the corkage fee, but I think they meant the 'fee' associated with taking it back to your stateroom, if I understood them correctly.

If you order it from room service, is the selection the same???

I drink Canadian Whiskey, and DH drinks rum

I thought the prices to pre-order were decent. Also if you pre-order then it's paid for by the time you get on the ship;)

If you order it from room service, is the selection the same???

I drink Canadian Whiskey, and DH drinks rum

I thought the prices to pre-order were decent. Also if you pre-order then it's paid for by the time you get on the ship;)

On one sailing we found that by calling room service we had access to a greater selection but yes, the same things you can buy online you can find on the ship.

We like to prepay for stuff whenever we can. Carnival let us prepay gratuities, Princess lets us pre-pay some popular alcohol selections at a decent price.

It helps us with the budgeting.

Archived