Posted August 12th, 2012, 06:11 PM
This just makes me wonder how often people get on a ship knowing they are sick....
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!
So which side of the coin are you on;
You pay your money,
get to the port,
spend the night (or not)
and wake up with the stomach flu
Do you go get on the ship, or say, "I don't want to take the chance on getting other people sick, I better just go home."
Insurance, no insurance, which side of the coin are you on?
Having had this happen, in 2007 when going on the Liberty in late October, we traveled from Colorado to to Miami, by way of Dallas layover. We ate lunch in the airport in Dallas at a name resturant (I think it was tgi fridays) had prepared sandwiches from their counter window.
Had a long wait to get to Florida and then when late getting in, we went to the hotel, asked about ordering Pizza, and did from a local place near the hotel,
Ate dinner and at 3 in the morning I was sick on the floor (no I do not drink) could barely move.
That morning in line to check in I was sweating, and still very sick to my stomach, going to the bathroom every 15 minutes or so it seamed like. and YES we still went on the ship, I slept for a few hours, ate light, and after a day, I was feeling better.
So yes, I would be on the get on the ship anyway side of the coin.
Where are you?
1. Nov 16 2003 Paradise (when it WAS Paradise and smoke free) Exotic Western, cabin E187
2. Oct 13 2007 Liberty, Eastern, cabin 8299
3. April 26 2009 Splendor, Mexican Riviera (by way of San Fransisco), cabin 7378
4. April 24 2010 Dream, Eastern, cabin 6380
5. Jan 29 2012 Valor, Western (with extended family) cabin 1322
6. Dec 9 2012 Splendor Mexican Riviera (take 2) cabin 1019 first time SPA
7. Oct 12 2013 Liberty, Eastern, cabin 1002, Eastern Liberty part 2
8. Sept 13 2014 Liberty, Eastern, Cabin 1004
9. March 14 2015, Breeze, Eastern Southern, Cabin 9209