Atlantis Submarine Claustrophobia question:

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:10 PM.
3,328 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Hi Guys...I am thinking of taking the Atlantis Submarine excursion in Cozumel in Nov. when we go on the Liberty Of The Seas. Has anyone WITH claustrophobia been on that and if so, what did you think? The RCI website says "not reccommended for those with claustrophobia", but a friend said it was similar to taking one of those "prop" planes that flies 12-20 people...opinions?

Big Al
West Coast of Florida
749 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
haven't been on that one in particular but i've been on another....I don't get claustrophobic but it is close quarters and by the end I was getting a little uncomfortable and couldn't wait for it to be done even though it was really neat to see. If you've ever had an issue with tight confined spaces that may not be as cool in temperature as what you might like then it's not for you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Escape November 2017 (upcoming)
Carnival Paradise October 2014
NCL Sky September 2014
Carnival Ecstasy October 2013
NCL Sky April 2013
NCL Dawn November 2012
NCL Jewel April 2006
Carnival Inspiration October 2005
NCL Wind May 2004
Celebrity Millenium May 2002
NCL Sun November 2001
Carnival Sensation June 2001
S/S Norway November 2000
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas August 2000
NCL Wind November 1999
RCCL Legend of the Seas June 1999
NCL Wind December 1998
NCL Leeward November 1998
NCL Majesty December 1997
South Carolina
355 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
I went on the one in Cozumel and I am clastrphobic. It was roomy and you could stand up in it. There are 2 rows in it one on each side. It was cool in the submarine. I enjoyed it.
3,328 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Originally posted by dololie
I went on the one in Cozumel and I am clastrphobic. It was roomy and you could stand up in it. There are 2 rows in it one on each side. It was cool in the submarine. I enjoyed it.
Thanks...sounds OK then!

Big Al
17 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
I did this a few years ago and they packed so many people on the sub it was very Claustrophobic. I started having a panic attack, I don't know what I was thinking.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Grand Princess 1998
Caribbean Princess 2004
Caribbean Princess 2005
Sea Princess 2006
NCL Epic June 2010
NCL Pearl November 2012
Celebrity Reflections 2012
Allure of the Seas 2013
Freedom of the Seas 2013
NCL The Getaway 2014
Freedom of the Seas 2016

Rossbow
Philadelphia area
6,726 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
I am not a bit claustrophobic ..... but ..... getting into a metal tube ..... and going under water in it ...... not a chance.