Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by CMM, nycruiser80, chrisc71, gracie16 & colewade!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Cruise Critic Over The Shoulder Travel Bag-- we hope they enjoy it!

Carnival Pride Good time with Teens by CMM
We sailed 8/5/12- 8/12/12 with our 16 year old daughter and 18 year old son. This was our 3rd Carnival cruise. We have enjoyed past cruises on other lines including Princess, NCL, Celebrity, and RCI. We loved spending the time together as a family and enjoyed ourselves very much on the Pride. We noticed RIGHT off the bat the desire from Carnival to spend $$$ on drinks. Everyone who passed wanted to sell us a drink when we boarded. About the 4Th encounter with yet another drink salesperson, I requested that the dirty dishes that sat at our lunch table from the previous people be cleared and the drink waiter got very vague and said someone would do that. No, I don't think so, but there were plenty more asking us about those drinks. We notices the drinking theme, jokes, and references to be much more so than on other cruises. Also they ask and ask you for drink orders especially outside, but then take a long time to come back with it. I would rather not be asked and just grab one quick when I wanted it at a bar. Continue reading... Good time with Teens

Allure of the Seas Amazing Ship! by nycruiser80
A little about myself, I am 31 and sailed with my partner who is 34 and his family. I have been on many cruises many of which have been with RCI but I have also sailed many other lines as well. Also in our party were two first time cruisers so it was interesting to see this cruise through "their eyes". Boarding..... Was pretty much as advertised. It took us 20 minutes to board and the process was rather easy however it was faced paced but they are embarking 6200 people. Cabin..... I was in a category Q cabin on deck 8 number 8675. These are the smallest rooms on the ship nevertheless they were roomy enough! The beds were against the wall not in the parallel position. The TV is large and the interactive system was great but a bit cumbersome to use at first. Storage space seemed average for 2. I liked the location I had - it was very convenient to Central Park in addition to the elevator/stair lobby. Despite Dazzles being right near me I never heard a thing going to sleep at night. Continue reading... Amazing Ship!

Norwegian Star Star To Bermuda by chrisc71
Family of 5; DW, DS 6, DD 6 and DS 2. This was our first NCL and will not be our last. Embarkation...Breeze. We live about a hour from the pier so we drove in and parked. Got to pier around 10:30-11:00. There was a line to get into the lot and when we got close we saw it was due to the dogs checking the luggage in everyone's car. We had Priority boarding due to suite and there was no one in line for suite check in. Checked in and went to Priority waiting area where we met Patrick the concierge. Coffee, juice and some snacks were available. We only waited about 20 minutes before we were allowed to board and on our way to Cagney's for lunch. Room...We were in one of the SJ Family Suite (12016) and it was awesome! Everything others have written is true. Plenty of room for the five of us. Cipriano was out butler and was great. Spoiled our kids with treats all week. Armando, our steward, kept on top of everything. Food...Breakfast, every morning but one when we got room service, in Cagney's. For dinner we ate in Aqua twice, Blue Lagoon once and Ginza three times. Continue reading...Star To Bermuda

Carnival Breeze Great cruise, but a few issues to work out by gracie16
Arrival: Getting to the port in Barcelona was very easy via taxi. We arrived at 11:30 and the lines were already long. The whole process from arrival to getting on the ship probably took about an hour. Room: We were on Deck 1, Midship Oceanview. Our room was great as far as noise is concerned. On other cruises, it was always so loud when we arrived in a port, but this room was very quiet. The only issue with the room was how far it was to the forward elevators. Our dining room and a lot of the other activities we wanted to do were located on the forward section of the ship. I felt like I was constantly walking down that long hallway of rooms. Our cabin steward was very nice and we had no other issues with the room. Continue reading... Great cruise, but a few issues to work out

Enchantment of the Seas Four Stellar Ports On a Ship That Provides Great Service by colewade
Having sailed the Caribbean several times, the ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS unique 8-DAY ATLANTIC ITINERARY is what sold us on this cruise. Even historically, I have never seen another ship that combined Bermuda with two excellent ports in New England -- Boston and Newport. These ports were nicely couched between three beautiful sea days. Flying in from Charlotte to Baltimore we were among the rare travelers on the Enchantment of the Seas that did not park at the cruise port or participate in a Park Sleep Cruise program at a local hotel. Please refer to my port review for Baltimore for detailed information that you might find helpful on your pre-cruise stay. Continue reading... Four Stellar Ports On a Ship That Provides Great Service

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; August 23rd, 2012 at 07:14 PM.