My review of the Jewel!

Paul,great review.We were on the Jewel last summer for a 12 day Baltic cruise. I agree that the Voyager class has a lot of Wow factors but the understated elegance on the Jewel make it our favorite.

My review of our 8 night sailing on April 9' date=' 2005 can be found (along with my other ship reviews- scroll to the bottom for Jewel) at my home page:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pmccullough/cruise/cruise.htm

We had a great time- read all about it!!!:)

Cheers,

Paul

Paul

Great review - we were on the same cruise and couldn't have described it any better, including the downpour in San Juan, it got me back to the ship rapidly - you allowed me to relive the best of my seven cruises. THANKS!!!

Gerry

Paul,

Thanks so much for your review! We are cruising on the Jewel in October of this year, this will be our first cruise with RCI. After reading your review I can hardly wait! Our first cruise was with NCL, which we thoroughly enjoyed, so my husband to be was hesitant to change cruise lines, but it would appear that we made a great choice with the Jewel!

Thanks again,

Beth

Hey Paul, Thanks for the great reviews. I was on the Explorer, May 2004 and you have her to a "T". I will be on the Jewel this Sept from Boston. I had a chance last October to go on a tour of her while she was docked here in Boston. You are right she is beautiful. I can't wait. Even though I haven't sailed her yet I knew exactly about everything you were talking about. Thanks again, you have a great website.

L J

That was a great review. Were you in Cabin 1514? That is our cabin on up-coming cruise.

Will the balcony take a lounger (or 2?) as we did on our D1 cabin on the Navigator last year?

Any other comments on the cabin?

I love your cruise page!! I see yall fell in Love with RC and never looked back. Same here. I hope to be organized one day to do my own page.

I know- my only fear about RCI is that that other cruise conglomerate will take control of it!!! Nothing against them- I just want my RCI to keep going in it's present direction! ;)

Paul

Great review - we were on the same cruise and couldn't have described it any better, including the downpour in San Juan, it got me back to the ship rapidly - you allowed me to relive the best of my seven cruises. THANKS!!!

Gerry

My pleasure, Gerry! I thought it was a pretty good group of fellow cruisers as well- didn't you? Lots of friendly people! :)

Paul,

Thanks so much for your review! We are cruising on the Jewel in October of this year, this will be our first cruise with RCI. After reading your review I can hardly wait! Our first cruise was with NCL, which we thoroughly enjoyed, so my husband to be was hesitant to change cruise lines, but it would appear that we made a great choice with the Jewel!

Thanks again,

Beth

Beth,

I know you'll enjoy this ship- trust me! But if for some reason you don't like it- don't give up on RCI. Everyone needs to try at least one Voyager class ship from that line!!!!

Cheers,

Paul

Hi there!

What was the weather like for the most part?

Gorgeous except for PR. The day from Nassau to Ft. Lauderdale was also a bit rocky due to exceptionally rough seas from a storm front- same front that threw that "rogue wave" at the NCL ship.

Diane and I stood at the bow laughing like maniacs as we left Nassau with the ship moving into those waters!!! I loved it; Diane got sea-sick for a bit after, but Bonine got rid of that quickly enough. :)

Cheers,

Paul

Hey Paul, Thanks for the great reviews. I was on the Explorer, May 2004 and you have her to a "T". I will be on the Jewel this Sept from Boston. I had a chance last October to go on a tour of her while she was docked here in Boston. You are right she is beautiful. I can't wait. Even though I haven't sailed her yet I knew exactly about everything you were talking about. Thanks again, you have a great website.

L J

Thank you- have a great cruise!!!

That was a great review. Were you in Cabin 1514? That is our cabin on up-coming cruise.

Will the balcony take a lounger (or 2?) as we did on our D1 cabin on the Navigator last year?

Any other comments on the cabin?

We were in a D1 on Navigator; on Jewel, I was in 1512 and our best friends were in 1514, so I was in your cabin! Anything you need to know, just ask.

As a simple comparison, the E1 cabin is the same exact width as the D1- it's just not as deep. In other words, there's not enough room for a three cushion couch in the cabin, but instead there's an outsize chair (maybe 2 people could squeeze into it?) in the sitting area- does this give you a sense? (There's also a silly little "coffee table" that we quickly moved off to a side- it was not a logical addition to the room.) Otherwise, everything is the same size- bathroom, dresser area, bed, storage space, etc. The balcony is the same width, but it seems bigger as the overhanging roof doesn't completely enclose it- you have a better view of the stars!!! As for the lounger (?)- I think if it fits on the D1 balcony it'll fit on the E1 balcony, but where did you get the lounger?!? :)

The balcony has two chairs, and a smallish table.

I hope Rex is still your cabin steward- he was excellent! (he'll probably be out of rotation by then)

Think of the Jewel as Navigator-lite! No Promenade... or ice skating... but plenty of beauty and art and gorgeousity!!!!

Cheers,

Paul

What a nice review. My wife and I and 7 other couples are booked on a Feb. Jewel cruise. I organized and chose this particular ship and line. It is with great relief and excitement that you wrote a great review. Like you, with our friends around, I think my clothes will stay on also at Orient Beach.

Archived