Paper Bag Tags - staples?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

England, south of the M4
4,939 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
If any one in the UK needs bag tag holders I ordered mine from http://www.cruisegiftstore.co.uk/. Super fast delivery, they were even wrapped and had a personalised hand written card thanking me for my business!
Happy to recommend them!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCI Radiance of the Seas 2018 Alaska
RCI Independence of the Seas 10/17 Presidential Suite to Cherbourg
MSC Preziosa Southampton to Genoa 10/17
RCI Jewel of the Seas 6/17 West Med
RCI Vision of the Seas 3/17 Dubai

RCI x 25
Celebrity x 10.
Azamara x 5.
NCL x 3.
Uniworld River Cruise x 1.
Windstar x 1.
Star Cruises x 1.
Cunard x 1.
Nord Deutsche Lloyd Hessenstein x 1.
P&O x 1.
Grimaldi Siosa x 1
Michigan
1,294 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Having only sailed Carnival up until our Med cruise next spring, we are alumni of the Paper Luggage Tag group.

First Cruise: Did exactly as directed... printed, folded, stapled. Added bonus: Watching the tags get shredded when the porter threw our bags into the luggage bins.

Second Cruise: Got a little smarter. Note "a little". Stapled the heck out of those paper tags. Too bad they got wet during loading.

Third & Fourth Cruises: Hello packing tape. Printed, folded, packing-tape-laminated. Had the hotel staple the heck out of em. Success.

Future Cruises: Yep, going with those reusable plastic luggage tag holders Amazon. I'm a little slow but eventually I catch up with the smart ones... lol

~ Sheryl
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Royal Caribbean, Navigator of the Seas, May 2017 - London, Paris/Normandy, Lisbon, Vigo
Holland America Zuiderdam, November 2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Half Moon Cay, Aruba, Curacao, Panama Canal Transit, Costa Rica
Carnival Miracle, February 2015 - Long Beach, Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta
Carnival Freedom, February 2014 - Ft. Lauderdale, Key West, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman
Carnival Valor, November 2013 - San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten
Royal Caribbean, Liberty of the Seas, April 2013 - Barcelona, Rome, Cinque Terre, Cannes
Carnival Freedom, November 2011 - Ft. Lauderdale, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau
Carnival Paradise, February 2011 - Long Beach, Catalina Island, Ensenada
Carnival Liberty, November 2010 - Miami, Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk
Carnival Valor, November 2009 - Miami, Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel, Grand Cayman
Plainfield, Indiana, USA
2,433 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by Heymarco
While you are packing your stapler you may want to remember to pack:

1. A loaf of bread, bologna, and cheese in case the ship runs out of food
2. Towels, you never know, your room attendant may forget
3. Bed sheets, why sleep on someone else's when you can sleep on your own
4. Universal Remote, RCI doesn't provide good enough ones
5. Boombox with caribbean music, in case they forget to play it
6. Carpet Squares with the days of the week on them...
7. Backup generator- A Costa ship lost power for days this year while cruising.
8. Toilet paper
9. Garbage sacks
10. A tent - you never know
Actually, the toilet paper is not a bad idea!! Wish I could squeeze in a couple rolls of extra soft charmin!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruise Pictures:
http://cherylhtravelpics.shutterfly.com/
Florida
1,318 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Originally posted by Cheryl H
Actually, the toilet paper is not a bad idea!! Wish I could squeeze in a couple rolls of extra soft charmin!
Actually if you did that you would likely clog up the sewage system on board! They use that thin paper for a reason!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Serenade of the Seas - February 24th. 2017
Allure of the Seas - April 23rd. 2017
Harmony of the Seas - September 23rd. 2017
Navigator of the Seas - November 24th. 2017
Oasis of the Seas - January 28th. 2018

Freedom of the Seas - April 14th. 2018
Plus 30 other wonderful RCI cruises!

Plainfield, Indiana, USA
2,433 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by cello56
Actually if you did that you would likely clog up the sewage system on board! They use that thin paper for a reason!!
Oh! Good to know! I doubt I'll have room for it anyway. But it would be a nice luxury!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruise Pictures:
http://cherylhtravelpics.shutterfly.com/