Our family cruise, Magic 8/19/12 w/pics

Meyer2

Okay, here's a little background on us. DH & I are in our late 30's, our oldest son turned 14, 2 days before the cruise. Our DD is 9 & our youngest son is 6 1/2. This was hubby's 3rd cruise, my 5th & the Kids 1st cruise. My Parents also went along on this cruise which was my Mom's 2nd cruise & my Dad's 1st.

We booked about a year & a half out since it was for the summer, we wanted a family OV room to fit 5 & we figured the pricing would only go up. The plan was to book & not tell the kids until this last Christmas, but after several almost slip ups, we ended up telling them at the end of April last year. LOL! :D

This turned out to actually be good as it was right about the time the Magic was about to start sailing in Europe, so it made the kids excited seeing Her come together.

So, we decided to give them gifts/hints to see if they could figure out the main present.

These are from 4/2011:

DSC_0048.jpg

1st gift was to represent a port of call, from left to right, Oldest DS got a GC to Taco Bell (Cozumel), LOL, youngest got a monkey (Roatan) & DD got a set of earrings with fish & other water animals (Belize).

DSC_0051.jpg

Next was a little Rubbermaid water bottle.

DSC_0055.jpg

Next present was a disposable camera.

DSC_0059.jpg

Gift #4 was change, to put into the water bottle holder to save up some fun spending $.

DSC_0063.jpg

Gift #5 was Cruise Critic lanyards.

DSC_0068.jpg

At this point, they still had no clue, not even the oldest, LOL! Even with the lanyards, they didn't know. So.....Onto the next part of the items.

"Do You Believe In Magic?"

DSC_0072.jpg

Now I let them turn it around to read.

DSC_0074.jpg

So, they take the paperwork out & start to read them.

DSC_0076.jpg

And now they realize, it's for a family cruise!!!!

DSC_0077.jpg

Here they come to bombard us with hugs & jumping up & down.

DSC_0079.jpg

Then I had them sit down to finish reading.....Turns out, Grammie & Poppie are going too!!! ;)

DSC_0081.jpg

Thanks for sharing your trip! Kids are so cute!:)

Your welcome & Thank-you!

So excited for this review. That is such a great creative idea you did w/ the kiddos! Cant wait to hear more!

Thank-you!

LOL I love it!!. wish my daughters were still young so i could surprise them too.

Makes it fun!

We live a little bit over an hour from Galveston, so we don't stay the night before a cruise. However, this time, since our son's Birthday was that Friday the 17th, we decided to go a day ahead. So we picked a hotel & he picked Rainforest Cafe to have his Birthday dinner this year.

We left our house around 11:30 & headed towards Galveston, stopping nearby where my in-laws just moved from (Near the Dog track) & had lunch at Beyond Burger. We all then headed onto the island, drove the sea wall & then went to the hotel to check in around 2:30.

Our bags & carry-on's all ready to go.

DSC_0002.jpg

DD is ready:

DSC_0004.jpg

At the Hotel:

DSC_0006.jpg

Our monkey:

DSC_0009.jpg

Nice spacious room: (Inn At The Waterpark)

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Can't wait for more. Our DD doesn't know about our February trip on the Magic, were hoping to keep it a secret.until then! I don't.know if we wil make it, we have had.some close calls already.

Love your ideas with the gifts. If we can hold out until then we might do something similar.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Can't wait for more. Our DD doesn't know about our February trip on the Magic, were hoping to keep it a secret.until then! I don't.know if we wil make it, we have had.some close calls already.

Love your ideas with the gifts. If we can hold out until then we might do something similar.

We're going in January on the Magic and *trying* to keep it a secret from our sons but have messed up SO many times that I am sure they have caught on somewhat but we keep denying. I don't think we're gonna make it either. :p

Looking forward to reading more :)

Thank-you!

Very creative!!!:D

Great start....can't wait to read more!:)

Beautiful kiddos!!!

Thanks!

How exciting!!!

We're going in January on the Magic and *trying* to keep it a secret from our sons but have messed up SO many times that I am sure they have caught on somewhat but we keep denying. I don't think we're gonna make it either. :p

LOL! I can't understand. Sounds like you've done better than I did. Hahaa! What fun though.

Wonderful review looking forwrd to following..beautiful family..Sarah.

Thanks Sarah!

I love it photo on the Magic:D

Thanks Taylor! How are you?

Loving it, can't wait to see more..

Thanks!!

Excellent start! I'm really looking forward to the rest. :D

Thanks!!

in the news WOW it did my heart great to see how you surprised your kids. I loved the pure natural reaction of JOY ON THEIR FACES!!!!! JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! I appreciate the comment. :)

Archived