Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old September 6th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the week by redpatti, Surgenber, LACruiserGuy, Jonrob01 & ericgraphicart!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Cruise Critic Reusable Grocery Tote -- we hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Star First Cruise Ever - It was absolutely fabulous! by redpatti
Day 1 We arrived at the pier way early but that's how I am - would rather be early and wait than be late. Plus being super excited added to that! We were dropped off at about 9:30 am and the porter took our luggage and we proceeded to the terminal. We sat for a little while until they started taking folks through security. Things seemed a bit busy but very organized. Three ships were leaving that day - the Star, a Disney ship and a HAL ship. Also to note that our cruise was sailing 100% full. Once through security we were led right to the check in counter for NCL. It was a breeze. No waiting because we were so early so I have to say even though we waited a bit, it was great we were so early. We got our key cards, signed our medical waivers and were directed to have a seat after we got our embarkation group number. This was a great method of keeping everyone from crowding and pushing to board the ship. You got a number (pretty much in the order you arrived) that when they called that group number, you were allowed to board the ship Continue reading... First Cruise Ever - It was absolutely fabulous!

Coral Princess Coral Princess Southbound Voyage of the Glaciers by Surgenber
Embarkation was pretty seamless. We had about 400 people on our train, so we were all in line to get through security and embark on the ship. We were the second to last train to embark, but the only line we really had to wait in was to get through security. Once we got on the ship, the crew had it down to a science, getting pictures taken for cruise card, getting embarkation pictures, and herding everyone to the appropriate elevators. The funniest thing was that there was a crewmember manning the elevator to help us get to the right decks. We were all crammed in there and another couple got on and the woman went to press the button for their deck and the crewmember snarkily replied "Please do not touch my buttons!" I wondered if this was her job every day and she was just protective of her turf, but of course, I never saw another elevator attendant again! I had to laugh that she was taking her job so seriously. Continue reading... Coral Princess Southbound Voyage of the Glaciers

Celebrity Millennium Amazing Alaska Voyage in Aqua Class by LACruiserGuy
I must admit upfront that I was skeptical about cruising since I feared the atmosphere would be similar to being trapped in a floating Las Vegas style hotel/shopping mall, but I'm glad to report that was not the case. EMBARKATION: After spending the morning and early afternoon exploring Seward, which included taking a local shuttle out to Exit Glacier for hiking, etc. we boarded the ship at 4pm for an 8pm departure. Since we were traveling in AQUA Class, we had priority boarding and were checked-in and on the ship in less than 15 minutes. PUBLIC ROOMS: The recently refurbished Millennium looked beautiful and every area appeared to be very clean and well-maintained. I didn't see any of the issues mentioned in earlier post-refurbishment reviews related to dirty, worn carpet, stained upholstery, excessive rusting, etc. Continue reading... Amazing Alaska Voyage in Aqua Class

Carnival Triumph Our First Cruise by Jonrob01
We liked it! Check that, we LOVED it!!! We took this cruise in April of 2012. I am writing about at the end of August of 2012. Since then, we have cruised the Triumph twice more(May & July), with another leaving in a few days(My birthday cruise), and our first cruise on the Magic in November(10th Anniversary). So far, we have 3 booked for 2013, including the Barcelona to New Orleans 16 day relocation of the sunshine. We have LOVED every cruise. Instead of reviewing every cruise so far, I am going to hit the first one real hard, and give little "points of interest" about the others. My wife and I are frequent travellers, but we've always been landlubbers. After our most recent trip to Vegas, we decided to throw caution to the wind and cruise. Vegas was getting stale, we've lived in San Francisco and Chicago, and We're over New York and Los Angeles(I know there are MANY other great places in the U.S., but I don't have the space to mention them. Besides, we've been to most.),so cruising it is!! . Continue reading... Our First Cruise

Disney Wonder Disney Wonder - tips for a great cruise by ericgraphicart
Most reviews you read are about what that person thought and I never find those very informative as we all have different likes and dislikes. I enjoy the reviews where I get inside info and tips about the cruise that I may not have known/discovered otherwise, so my review I intend to give some tips and advice that may or may not help you out if planning a Disney Cruise on the Wonder, rather than my personal opinions on everything. First thing we dealt with on doing the cruise was a car seat with our 4 year old son. To use one for the taxis/transportation or not? To check it both ways on the airline would have cost us $50. We decided not to take one and none of the taxis we used required us to use one when we used their services. We just sat him in the back next to one of us using the seat belt in the vehicle. Again, personal choice, but letting you know that nobody we used was enforcing the use of one while in their vehicle. Continue reading... Disney Wonder - tips for a great cruise

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; September 7th, 2012 at 12:47 AM.