Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old September 11th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by lovethe24car, usermom, stormilynne, CaroleR & kayrob!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Cruise Critic Reusable Grocery Tote -- we hope they enjoy it!

Enchantment of the Seas Enchantment to Bermuda by lovethe24car
PASSENGER PROFILE: This crowd had a broad spectrum of representation, but for the most part was 50-ish. There were a number of unruly teenagers on this cruise, and they frequently ran around the decks and inside passageways until 1:00 a.m. Several people complained and I actually had to call security one night. Apparently, their parents were not interested in supervising them. These kids really detracted from the cruise experience and many people were complaining about them. EMBARKATION: Went pretty smoothly. One piece of luggage did not arrive at the cabin with the others; after a few hours, we received a notice that we had to report to Deck 1 security. The luggage had been flagged for having scissors. They had us open the suitcase and show them the scissors, which were small. They were deemed "safe" and within policy, and they gave us permission to take the suitcase to our cabin. I was not irritated in the least for the inconvenience. In fact, I was relieved that they were checking closely. Continue reading... Enchantment to Bermuda

Zuiderdam Great Itinerary but disappointed in HAL by usermom
This was our first time on HAL, but we have been on 7 other cruises. We had heard wonderful things about HAL since my parents who were accompanying us had sailed with Holland America before and enjoyed it in the past. We chose HAL because of it's Alaskan itinerary included Glacier Bay, a service call at Tracy Arm a and had long port times. We embarked around 11a in Vancouver which was a beautiful city. We asked where to go, and once we realized we had to go down into the garage area of Canada Place, there were HAL staff to direct us. We checked our bags easy enough. Then we stood on 2 snake lines for the customs/border control line. It took us about an hour to get through the line since the Zuiderdam and a Princess ship were embarking at the same time. There was no line to get our seapasses. Then we were instructed to wait in a seat until directed when we would be able to board the ship. When we were cleared to go, we had to wait in another line for a picture which we passed on. We were invited to lunch in the Vista Dining room which was very enjoyable and sure beats the crowds in the Lido where it was impossible to find a seat. Our bags were waiting for us in our cabin when we arrived. We unpacked and went to muster. Continue reading... Great Itinerary but disappointed in HAL

Carnival Elation Carnival Elation by stormilynne
My husband and I took our first cruise on the Elation this August 2012. It was supposed to be a 5 Night 6 day out of New Orleans but ended up being a 6 night 7 day due to Hurricane Isaac. Value/Cost: Well, I now know why I was able to book the cruise for less than 600.00 for 2 people.. It was PEAK hurricane season. i HIGHLY recommend paying a few extra hundred dollars and chose a proper time to go. Peak season I believe is August/Sept- So don't book it during that time period bc you really don't know how the weather will be. Yes.. they can reroute you somewhere else..but if you don't want to have to hold on to hand rails every single place you go or see barf bags everywhere..see people nearly falling over or fear your ship is nearly tipping over..just book a different month and pay the extra The waters were so so rough and i felt like we never CRUISED we were always going full speed to stay clear from the storm which made the motion 1000 x worse. Continue reading... Carnival Elation

Disney Dream Disney - First Time by CaroleR
This was a 4 day get-a-way with a friend & acquaintance. DH was not interested in going. It was basically Nassau & their island. This being my 20th cruise (w/o DH), it was just to relax and see if Disney was a good choice to do a family cruise. Embarkation was a breeze as was debarkation. Canaveral is a great in & out port. Disney makes it easy for passengers, but kids rule on their cruises. If you want your kids entertained every waking minute (what parent doesn't?), this is the cruise for you. Two things that stood out for me was: great food and good choices (didn't need to do fee restaurants). Service was impeccable. There wasn't a thing they wouldn't do for you! Our extra tips reflected this!! Continue reading... Disney - First Time

Norwegian Pearl A Wonderful Trip on the Pearl by kayrob
Sailed on the Pearl from 9/2 - 9/9. Overall, I had the time of my life - Alaska is so beautiful, even more than I had imagined. Let's start from the beginning ...Arrived in Seattle late afternoon the day before the cruise. I was with my husband, 25 year old son and two of his friends. We stayed at the Doubletree Guest Suites Southcenter which offered a free shuttle from the airport. The hotel was clean and served the purpose. We had dinner at the Southcenter Mall and did some early souvenir shopping as my older son requested a Mariners tee shirt. It was a very nice mall and a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Took a car service that charged $70 for all 5 of us to Pier 66 in the morning. Continue reading... A Wonderful Trip on the Pearl

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; September 12th, 2012 at 01:50 AM.

Ad Sponsored By