It's official...no more fcc

Elaine515

well doesn't that bite fish fins. I've been happily waiting to purchase my next FCC onboard the Liberty next month.

Poor economic performance? I'm not buyin it. Who seriously doesn't take advantage of this program when it is available, especially when they KNOW they will be cruising in the next year or two?

Take, take, take - that's Carnival's new slogan! :(

Thanks again Carnival for re-affirming my choice to not choose you again.

I love their "poor economic performance" excuse - because they didn't market them on the ship - most folks didn't even know they existed!

Seems to me they are doing away with the certificate but you can still book while on a ship and receive an OBC - doesn't seem unreasonable to me

True..but I'm not always ready to book right away, and I like the thought of the 'bonus' for giving Carnival a deposit on a future cruise I'm not sure when I'm taking yet.

I think its more an issue with Carnivals bottom line that 'poor economic performance'. They have to keep those deposits and extra cash on the books..it effects how their bottom line pans out.

Seems to me they are doing away with the certificate but you can still book while on a ship and receive an OBC - doesn't seem unreasonable to me

:( we usually have an extra $100 to buy a FCC, but we don't usually have an extra $1000 for deposits on our next cruise. (4 people x $250 each)

well doesn't that bite fish fins. I've been happily waiting to purchase my next FCC onboard the Liberty next month.

Poor economic performance? I'm not buyin it. Who seriously doesn't take advantage of this program when it is available, especially when they KNOW they will be cruising in the next year or two?

I was thinking the same thing, low economic performance?!?:eek::rolleyes: That seems to be the answer to everything. Cut out the fun farewell party due to low attendance, cut his out due to low economic performance. I think they need a new auditor @ Carnival.

I was thinking the same thing, low economic performance?!?:eek::rolleyes: That seems to be the answer to everything. Cut out the fun farewell party due to low attendance, cut his out due to low economic performance. I think they need a new auditor @ Carnival.

I think low economic performance is code for Carnival was not making money on this promo.

Its not about getting loyal customers back on Carnival, if they are loyal, they will be back anyway.

Everything lately is about the bottom line. I kept pointing out earnings were not doing that well, with all the write offs etc. Two Costa ships out of commission .. someone has to pay.

I think low economic performance is code for Carnival was not making money on this promo.

Its not about getting loyal customers back on Carnival, if they are loyal, they will be back anyway.

Everything lately is about the bottom line. I kept pointing out earnings were not doing that well, with all the write offs etc. Two Costa ships out of commission .. someone has to pay.

Yeah Fire, but I wonder if my stock-holders OBC is next??.......Dennis

Are the other lines under the Carnival Corp umbrella also cutting back? I just havent seen that on their boards, maybe I missed it. Surely, Carnival Cruise line isnt expected to take on the entire burden of Costa.

Are the other lines under the Carnival Corp umbrella also cutting back? I just havent seen that on their boards, maybe I missed it. Surely, Carnival Cruise line isnt expected to take on the entire burden of Costa.

Maybe the other lines can charge enough to still be profitable.

Clearly Carnival is cutting everything back that was giving customers benefits they did not pay extra for.

Someone said they were told on one of their cruises that Carnival's new direction was to pay ala carte for things. The new all you can drink program.. people pay in advance, the new VIP boarding, people pay in advance extra for this too.

this was a benefit to loyal customers, did not make extra money for carnival .. poof.

Cut backs to the loyalty program.. again to benefit the bottom line.

Cut out the fun farewell party with free drinks.. .. save money for Carnival.

More pay restaurants on Breeze and Magic .. more revenue..

Its clearly about generating more revenue .. every one of these changes.

2.0, add more bars for more revenue.

Adding more 180 cabins to sunshine and renaming it.. more cabins equal more revenue for the same ship.

Changing the family OVs to balconys.. can sell the balconys for more money.

change to comfort food, chicken costs less to serve, lots of fried chicken now, we had it offered every night one cruise. Luckily I like fried chicken, but it was obviously cost cutting measure.

4 fantasy class ships so far OVs changed to balconys, which sell for more money.

solos now have to pay two deposits to book .. more money upfront for carnival.

And now FCCs, the only way to get the OBC is to put up full deposits and book onboard, so Carnival has more money upfront for longer.

what changes have I missed?

More of CCLs cost cutting IMO --Can"t believe they think this will make more people sail with them.

Not me

More of CCLs cost cutting IMO --Can"t believe they think this will make more people sail with them.

Not me

I believe it is of benefit to the stockholders to have more profitability...this should make them happy. Me? notsomuch...but how many cruise lines are giving away 'free money' nowadays anyway? Perks don't effect bottom line..it just makes employees work harder.. I'm talking actual money ( bonus OBC)

Archived