"Live" (I hope) from Radiance - Sailing to Hawaii

PCWalton1

Hello everyone,

Well, I usually just put together a picture review after we get home from a cruise. But I figured I would try my hand at one of these "live" reviews. The problem I have is I still want to post a lot of pictures but I don't want to just drop everything in the middle of the day and start uploading pictures.

So I think I will take advantage of the Tapatalk app on my phone for daytime pictures. The app allows me to snap a picture and upload it instantly. Then I will do some more extensive pictures uploading and question answering at the end of the evening or possibly the next morning.

Heading out on this cruise is my DW Marie and me. It is an early celebration of our 34th wedding anniversary which comes up the end of October. We would have waited till then but there just isn't any ships heading across the Pacific the end of October. :) Our cruise starts tomorrow with Radiance sailing out of Vancouver BC. We are down in Renton, a suburb of Seattle. Bright and early tomorrow morning our DD is taking us over to the airport to catch our bus up to Vancouver. We are using a charter bus service Quick Coach that will take us from Seattle Tacoma Airport to Canada Place Pier. Bus leaves at 6:30am and will have us at the pier at 11:30am. The bus has wifi so I might get some more postings in on the way up.

The cruise starts with a 5 straight days at sea. I did much longer stretches in the Navy but this will be a long one for Marie So we will see how this works out.

Wish me luck !! :)

Bill

Woke up bright and early at four am. Downed a cup of coffee to get the caffeine levels back up. :D

Have my daughter a call to make sure she was awake since she is taking us to the airport.

After a quick ten minute ride we are here at the airport. Our bus is not here so the waiting begins...

eba7yryr.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

So the bags are loaded and we are on the bus heading to Vancouver by way of Seattle and a few other stops. The driver says we should be at the pier "noonish".

The driver scanned all our passports so we should be good to go at the border. Signing off for now.

Bill

I have a cruise buddy or two on this trip with you, and one is doing the b2b and continuing on from Hawaii to Sydney.

I am REALLY looking forward to your posts. If I can't be there myself, a live review is the next best thing.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Tracy

I have a cruise buddy or two on this trip with you, and one is doing the b2b and continuing on from Hawaii to Sydney.

I am REALLY looking forward to your posts. If I can't be there myself, a live review is the next best thing.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Tracy

I would love to stay for the next leg to Sydney, but getting away from work for more than two weeks at a time is tough. Lucky them

Thanks for doing a live review:) We sailed from San Diego and had 4 sea days. We enjoyed each one found it very relaxing. Hawaii is paradise and I'm sure both of you will think the same.

Happy Anniversary (little early) Have a wonderful cruise.

Carol

My kindle and a lounge chair and I am good for days. :D

My kindle and a lounge chair and I am good for days. :D

Oops, didn't mean to press send. As I was saying I am easily entertained, just need to find enough activities for Marie

Thank you for doing this!!

I look forward to seeing all of your pics as you post them. I just did a live posting in Alaska--so, I know how much time it takes.

I do have one suggestion. (Since you are posting one pic at a time) At the bottom of the page where you post click the box and take off your signature. It is interesting to see once--but, not so much after that. :eek::):p:)

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

Thank you for doing this!!

I look forward to seeing all of your pics as you post them. I just did a live posting in Alaska--so, I know how much time it takes.

I do have one suggestion. (Since you are posting one pic at a time) At the bottom of the page where you post click the box and take off your signature. It is interesting to see once--but, not so much after that. :eek::):p:)

Sorry looks like this Tapatalk app doesn't have a box to click so I pulled all the count down calendars off my signature. :o

I use tapatalk sometimes and I know you are stuck with the signatures from the app. Your pictures are actually the right size. Not too big like some can be when they knock the page off the side of the screen. And I have a small monitor and can still see them.

The tapatalk hosted pictures are way better than the cruise critic hosted pictures that are tiny little thumbnails that don't get much larger when clicked.

I know tapatalk says there is a limit to the amount of pictures they will host - unless they've changed that - they used to say you had to pay to host more than 10 pictures. I haven't lost any pictures I've uploaded through them yet but maybe I haven't met my limit.

Have you paid the small fee for unlimited tapatalk hosted pictures?

I'm looking forward to your live updates. The ship's wifi is supposed to be faster now because they replaced all the satellites on the top of the ship a couple of weeks ago. With the upgrades and the faster tapatalk app, maybe you won't use up too much internet time.

Do you have any free wifi coupons from a crown and anchor booklet?

Be sure to post some pictures of people who work on board. It's fun to spot people we might know. Also, get in some of the pictures yourself, so your wife won't look like a single woman. :)

Gina