Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Q&A Forum Archive: Past Events Featuring Cruise Line Executives and Industry Leaders > Q&A with Michael Bayley, President & CEO, Celebrity Cruises - Oct. 1

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Q&A with Michael Bayley, President & CEO, Celebrity Cruises - Oct. 1

Michael Bayley

Rules for Participation
- Forum has been CLOSED to new questions/replies at this time.
- Mr. Bayley will begin responding to questions today Oct 1st, and will continue through Oct 5th. You all have asked so many thoughtful questions, please be patient while Mr. Bayley prepares his answers.

- This forum will remain open for review through November 30, 2012.

- Our Community Guidelines are in effect, please be respectful of our special guest and your fellow community members.

Old September 21st, 2012, 05:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default UK Cruisers

Hello Michael, please could you treat your UK customers the same as the US ones. We seem to miss out sometimes.

Please could you also ensure that call centre staff have more knowledge to pass on to us. We tend to hear one answer from one staff member and another answer from another.

One last thing, please turn the noise down on the Eclipse. We don't want to hear that shocking mind numbing techno music all over the ship. If you check out these forums you will find plenty of evidence that this a pet hate of many if not most of your passengers and no-one seems to be listening to us.

Good luck with your new position and thank you for joining us on CC.

Sun Princess Carribbean 2003
Grand Princess Europe 2010
Grand Princess Svalbard and Norway 2011
P&O Arcadia Europe 2011
Celebrity Eclipse Baltics 2012
Celebrity Eclipse Iceland & Fjords 2013
Celebrity Eclipse Scan & Russia -E.Europe 2014

Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

We keep getting sent deals, offers etc via email which are only for US customers. Please could you have some for the UK passengers.
I do realise there are different rules for different countries and this makes life difficult for American companies but we are just as loyal to Celebrity and with ships being based in the UK we are sure you must have many 'repeat customers'

May I ask you to congratulate the people working in the Uk's Captains club they have been very helpful.

Thank you

Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshfamily View Post
We keep getting sent deals, offers etc via email which are only for US customers. Please could you have some for the UK passengers.
I do realise there are different rules for different countries and this makes life difficult for American companies but we are just as loyal to Celebrity and with ships being based in the UK we are sure you must have many 'repeat customers'

May I ask you to congratulate the people working in the Uk's Captains club they have been very helpful.

Thank you
I agree, it's very frustrating to see good deals, and not be able to take advantage of them.

Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:16 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshfamily View Post

I second that. Have always found Lesley Green and her team and PCS Britt to be extremely helpful and efficient.

Phil

Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

I also agree with this, I am not from the UK though, but from Canada. When I go on the phone, yes I do hear one answer from one worker, but another answer from the next, That can be frustrating. I also would like to receive deals that the Americans get as well, as we are the neighbouring country...it should be deals for both US/Canada, as I hate to miss out on deals that could lead me to a future Celebrity Cruise.

Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
5,000+ Club

The Captains Club team in the UK is excellent, Lesley in particular is extremely helpful. I would echo what others say and encourage you to bring the standard of service and knowledge of others in the call centre up to the level of Lesleys and my PCS. I think sometimes the focus is too much on the RC product, have you any plans to do more immersion training on each of the product lines with the call centre staff

2014 - Summit on 21 Sept
2015 - Southampton - Barcelona 25 August and Christmas/NY in OZ Quest
2016 Cairns - Sydney (Quest)5 Jan; Miami-Nice 5 April and Rome-Dubai 7 Oct (Journey)

Old September 23rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Yes, and why don't we in the UK get the opportunity to book our cruises as early as our cousins across the pond!
We would love to book up to 2 years in advance!

Old September 23rd, 2012, 03:11 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillnBev View Post
Yes, and why don't we in the UK get the opportunity to book our cruises as early as our cousins across the pond!
We would love to book up to 2 years in advance!
We can book on the same day that booking opens in the USA - certainly we can if we book direct with the cruiseline, not sure of the position booking with agents

2014 - Summit on 21 Sept
2015 - Southampton - Barcelona 25 August and Christmas/NY in OZ Quest
2016 Cairns - Sydney (Quest)5 Jan; Miami-Nice 5 April and Rome-Dubai 7 Oct (Journey)

Old September 25th, 2012, 07:07 AM
5,000+ Club

May I add my praise for Lesley and our PCS [who, I believe, is the same as Uktog]. We received excellent service from them here in the UK. However, I have no complaints about any of the UK call centre staff. They have all provided excellent service when I have been unable to contact my usual PCS.

Sue

PS I know the we are not supposed to comment on other's question here but we are not discriminated against in the matter of when cruises open for us in the UK. We have booked many cruises immediately they have openned for sale in the US.

2014 [November] Eclipse - Broadway and Beaches Transatlantic
2015 [April] Millennium - Transpacific Shanghai to Vancouver
2016 [January] - Eclipse Exotic Southern Caribbean
Past
2013 [November] Constellation - Westbound Transatlantic, [December] Constellation - Western Caribbean B2B
2012 [December] Eclipse - Southern Caribbean
2011 [February] Quest - Southeast Asia, [December] Infinity - Canal & South America
2010 [November] Constellation - Transatlantic
2009 [April] Azamara Quest - Singapore to Athens, [November] Infinity - Panama Canal
2008 [August] Norwegian Sun - Alaska
2007 [November] Millennium - Transatlantic
2006 [June] Constellation - Baltic

Old October 1st, 2012, 08:36 PM
President & CEO ~ Celebrity Cruises

Default UK cruisers / loud music

As someone born in the UK and now a US citizen, nothing would make me
happier than to ensure all of our guests are treated equally well. And, I
will ask our Entertainment team to look into your comments about the music. This isn't the only thread in which that was mentioned. If we’re playing music no one wants to hear – particularly if it’s played too loudly – we should adjust that.
www.celebritycruises.com