Carnival Fantasy Review Sept 15-22

jovifan78

Two weeks ago today I was in Charleston and ready to board the Fantasy the next. Oh how I wish I was back there again!

Our trip started by staying at the Best Western Patriots Point where everyone from the front desk to the housekeepers were extremely nice. I can't remember the ladies name at the front desk but she was really courteous and friendly. She was the one that called the cab for us on Saturday to take us to the ship. If I go on the Fantasy in the future I'll probably be staying at that hotel again. The location was great as there were quite a few restaurants within a couple of minutes from the hotel.

The hotel is within walking distance of the Ravenel Bridge which we did go to about 530 am to see the ship already docked! Yes I was anxious as you could imagine! lol

We headed over towards the ship around 11 that morning although I was ready to go the second I saw it in the wee hours of the morning!

Check in was quick and painless for the most part, the worst part was just the waiting in line. I was ready to start my vacation!

I will say that my mom had a new power strip in her c-pap bag and they did pull her over to the side to check inside the bag. The person there didn't give it a second look, he just looked at the machine and sent her on through. I guess it's hit and miss on the whole power strip thing.

After that we were on the ship in no time! My vacation had officially started the second I walked into the atrium! This was mine and my mom's second time on the ship, second cruise in general actually, then one of my friends went with us as well. (I think she might be a cruiseaholic now....:p)

Rooms weren't ready until about 130 but they did let us go ahead and drop our luggage off in the hallway which was a huge help. Now we were free to go up and have that wonderful first lunch before we set sail!

I'd just like to say that every single crew member I came in contact always greeted you with a hello along with a smile. I saw Risa out and about on several occasions. Our room steward was Antonio and he was awesome to say the least! He introduced himself a couple hours before sailing and every time from that point on he wouldn't hesitate to speak to us. It seemed like every time we left the room he and the other guys with him were always busy doing something. But he always gave us a smile and a wave if he didn't have time to talk. I only wish we could all have room stewards like him!

IMG_5710.jpg

IMG_5726.jpg

IMG_5756.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg

IMG_6117.jpg

We had three days at sea which I spent at the pool the majority of the time. :D On a couple of the days we did a few of the trivia games, I was determined to get a ship on a stick. lol But sadly even with trying multiple times that didn't happen.

I did get my picture taken with Fun Ship Freddy which I was pretty happy about because I missed him last time! I love that funnel headed smiling guy!

There were plenty of things to do no matter what you were in the mood for. They had games going on inside the ship then out on lido there were of course the crazy things going on....hairy chest competition was a must see. lol And the synchronized swimming was hilarious, the guys definitely deserved to win that one.

But onto the review of the ports!

Our first stop was in Grand Turk. We just went into the main shopping area which was the typical touristy type stores, you know they all have basically the same thing for the most part. After looking around at those we decided to take a walk down the beach where we found some beautiful conch shells. (No problem getting them back on the ship either) I had heard that people had found shells like that there but i couldn't believe it until i saw them with my own eyes! We ended up with six good sized shells, mainly because thats all we could carry. lol If we go back to that port then I'll be better prepared!

IMG_5867.jpg

P9180040.jpg

IMG_5869.jpg

Next stop....Half Moon Cay! This was the one port I was looking forward to and I I had read so many stories about them skipping this port because they couldn't use the tender because of rough waters. Luckily that didn't happen on our trip though!

There's really no words to describe how beautiful this island is. I would suggest being up bright and early so that you can be one of the first over there though. We made our way over around 10 or 1030 and there wasn't a long wait for the tender. I would say we waited maybe 15 minutes if that long. But let me just say if you've never been there it is worth the wait!

We didn't rent a cabana or a clam shell. And I was glad we didn't because there really isn't a need for one as most of the time you'll be in the water. Plus if you do decide to relax there are more than enough chairs and if you look you will find shade. We walked around for a little while but the majority of the time we were enjoying the crystal clear water which you just have to see to believe! Pictures doesn't even do it justice I don't think.

P9190067.jpg

P9180061.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg

IMG_5920.jpg

IMG_5935.jpg

Next stop....Half Moon Cay! This was the one port I was looking forward to and I I had read so many stories about them skipping this port because they couldn't use the tender because of rough waters. Luckily that didn't happen on our trip though!

There's really no words to describe how beautiful this island is. I would suggest being up bright and early so that you can be one of the first over there though. We made our way over around 10 or 1030 and there wasn't a long wait for the tender. I would say we waited maybe 15 minutes if that long. But let me just say if you've never been there it is worth the wait!

We didn't rent a cabana or a clam shell. And I was glad we didn't because there really isn't a need for one as most of the time you'll be in the water. Plus if you do decide to relax there are more than enough chairs and if you look you will find shade. We walked around for a little while but the majority of the time we were enjoying the crystal clear water which you just have to see to believe! Pictures doesn't even do it justice I don't think.

P9190067.jpg

P9180061.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg

IMG_5920.jpg

IMG_5935.jpg

You photos are beautiful!

As for Grand Turk, that's exactly what we have planned. DD and her hubby are doing an independent horseback riding excursion (have done the ship excursion on every previous stop), but my friend doesn't want to ride, so we're going to head down and do some shell hunting, then just hang out on the beach at that end.

Believe me, I know how awesome HMC is! Going for the SIXTH time! Woot! Renting a cabana this time, too, since there are 4 of us. Since I'm Platinum, I get priority tendering (and would get it anyway thanks to the cabana). I was actually the first person off the first tender once. What a great feeling.

I can just see me on Leg 1 of my B2B, anxiously awaiting Leg 2 so we can get to HMC. On Halloween!

Way back on Elation in December 2006, my cruise friend and I were sitting under a clamshell, drinking a fruity frozen drink, looking at the beautiful water, having just had a swim. I looked at my phone, saw the date and said, "Guess what? Today's the first day of winter!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!" If only I could spend every winter solstice (and every other day) on that island paradise!

You photos are beautiful!

As for Grand Turk, that's exactly what we have planned. DD and her hubby are doing an independent horseback riding excursion (have done the ship excursion on every previous stop), but my friend doesn't want to ride, so we're going to head down and do some shell hunting, then just hang out on the beach at that end.

Believe me, I know how awesome HMC is! Going for the SIXTH time! Woot! Renting a cabana this time, too, since there are 4 of us. Since I'm Platinum, I get priority tendering (and would get it anyway thanks to the cabana). I was actually the first person off the first tender once. What a great feeling.

I can just see me on Leg 1 of my B2B, anxiously awaiting Leg 2 so we can get to HMC. On Halloween!

Way back on Elation in December 2006, my cruise friend and I were sitting under a clamshell, drinking a fruity frozen drink, looking at the beautiful water, having just had a swim. I looked at my phone, saw the date and said, "Guess what? Today's the first day of winter!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!" If only I could spend every winter solstice (and every other day) on that island paradise!

I agree, it's a beautiful island. The water is so clear and the sand so white and soft. Can't wait to be there....hurry up December!

Lu

How very nice!!! I went on Fantasy for my honeymoon to Nassau and Freeport - then to the same ports on the Fascination - so we went 'big' for the next one and are doing Eastern Caribbean on the Dream.

Your review has put Fantasy back on my radar and I may have to try this itinerary at some point. Loved the Fantasy!! Just really want to go some where other than Nassau and Freeport.

Thanks!!! (and great idea about decorating your door!!!)

Love the door decorations.

I just bought a few packs of little stickers to make my own sign for DD's door. It's their honeymoon, so I'm going to combine that, plus the fact that they're both ECU Pirates (fitting for a Bahamian cruise), plus we're on the Halloween cruise.

Not quite sure how I'm going to arrange all that, but that's my plan. :p

Love the door decorations.

I just bought a few packs of little stickers to make my own sign for DD's door. It's their honeymoon, so I'm going to combine that, plus the fact that they're both ECU Pirates (fitting for a Bahamian cruise), plus we're on the Halloween cruise.

Not quite sure how I'm going to arrange all that, but that's my plan. :p

Somebody really loved the flip flops, they disappeared on the third day. lol But let me tell you it makes finding your room that much easier! :) We got to the point where we just looked for the decorations and didn't even look at the room number.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't finished this up before now but real life stepped in the way. Hate it when that happens! lol But back to the review.....

Our last port was Nassau which is where we did some shopping in the straw market as well as some of the other places on the other side of the straw market. If you've never ventured past that front row of shops I would definitely recommend that you at least check it out. Most of it's the typical tourist shops but some of them do have different things.

We did do an excursion at this port which was the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon. First off let me say that they do have lockers in the area where the encounter will take place. I rented one of the lockers just outside the gift shop with a $5 deposit when I got there. But just to let you know, you can wait till you actually start the dolphin encounter and use the lockers they provide which are just a few feet away.

The encounter was something that I'd recommend anybody do because it is one of those one in a lifetime kind of things. While I enjoyed it I don't think it was worth the $$ with the small amount of time you're with the dolphin. You may be with the dolphin 10 minutes if that. If I would have a chance to go again I'd do the dolphin swim because you interact with the dolphins more.

If you're interested in purchasing photos the prices really aren't that bad. We got the package of 3 5x7's & 1 8 x 10 for $50. The video was around $95 if I'm not mistaken.

All in all it was a great vacation!

I did forget to mention that we were on Empress deck, room 168 which was directly under the galley. I only heard a noise every once in a while and it wasn't even every night. They were few and far between. I don't know if we got on the quite side of the galley or what. lol But I was expecting to never get any sleep!

P9190097.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

IMG_6069.jpg

IMG_6040.jpg

IMG_6021.jpg

IMG_6016.jpg

DD did an "encounter" several years ago and enjoyed it, but thought it was a lot of money for not much encounter. I think they have much more "involved" excursions now, but they're really pricey.

I don't really want to get in the water with a mammal with sharp, pointy teeth, personally! :p

Good to know the cabin wasn't too noisy. I had E172 on Fascination on my last cruise and never heard a sound from above.

I'll be on board in 10 days! If I can just make through Monday's work deadline and then DD's wedding next Saturday!

I don't care that she'd the oldest ship in the fleet. I'm ready to sail!!! Whoa! Just noticed that my countdown says 9 days+!! Yee haw!

Thanks for coming back. Really appreciate your taking the time to post your thoughts and photos. Oh, and the FunTimes, too! :D

Archived