LIVE(or at least my best attempt) from the Oasis Of The Seas, sailing October 13th

Hello cruising friends!! Inspired by fellow CC member Radio, it's time for my live report from Oasis, sailing this Saturday!!

I will attempt to do a live report as best I can of each day's activities and fun aboard the world's largest cruise ship!! This will be a first for me, both a live report and aboard this spectacular ship. I will post pictures as we go along so join me for some fun the next several days. As Radio would say it, "Thanks for tuning in." :)

In case anyone wants to know what camera I am using, this link will tell you all about it: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+NEX-5N+16.1-Megapixel+Digital+Camera+with+18-55mm+Lens+-+Silver/3187031.p?id=1218385838199&skuId=3187031

Here's Oasis(courtesy Photobucket)

800px-Oasis_of_the_Seas_zps9c8d4eb6.jpg

Let the fun begin!! :)

:) Saw this message and was thinking - we aren't on board yet!

Look forward to seeing your review - and being on board!

Trying to do it just like Radio does and start out a couple of days early to build up the anticipation and excitement. Can't wait to see all of you on board! :D

I'll be reading and wishing I were onboard! You're going to have a great time! We did Oasis a year ago and she is definitely a beautiful ship. Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm sure it take up a lot of time, but all of us at home certainly appreciate it.

Bon Voyage to the Oasis Oct.20 cruise. I have been following your posts as well as Oct.13th. I love the portevergladeswebcam.com and the "SailAway" music and the Oasis leaving the port last weekend. The Pink Boas looked like they were ready for a blast and are probably waiting for the rest of you to join them.

Chris, I look forward to your "live on the Oasis." These "live reports" are keeping me busy. Pia's reports from Asia were outstanding. Now she is going to Hawaii on the Star Princess and I think another 2 month South American cruise.

I appreciate you doing it. I will be anxious to hear about the pros and cons on the ship. Meanwhile I am trying to pack for my Nov.4 southerCarib cruise on the Ruby Princess.

Sali

I appreciate that! Radio inspired me to give this a shot, it's gonna be a lot of fun

Wahoo!! A new "Live" to follow! Know what you mean by Radio inspired. Radio's and Trainman's inspired me too, when I did one back in July and will be doing my second "Live" in less than a month.

Excellent start!

Trying to do it just like Radio does and start out a couple of days early to build up the anticipation and excitement. Can't wait to see all of you on board! :D

It will be fun to read your posts. We are in Ft. Lauderdale right now getting ready for the same sailing.

Hi all! Great to see so many people eager to tune it to this "live" review. I will definitely let all of you what the best things are to do on board and will let you know who the best bartender is! :D

I arrived at my pre flight hotel a couple of hours ago and checked in. Then time for dinner. I chose the Super 8 in Elk Grove Village. As usual, Super 8 provides nice clean, affordable accommodations.

004_zpsc8b2686f.jpg

Dinner at Longhorn. Ah nothing like a good steak for dinner...

005_zps74ec240d.jpg

Archived