Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old October 18th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by NLC74, PDsandman01, BHappy2Day, seagrams82 & conwakr!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Cruise Critic Insulated Sportsbag -- we hope they enjoy it!

Disney Magic Disney Magic Magical? YUP! by NLC74
As the parent of two young ones we are inevitably Disney fans so we decided to try out the Disney cruise. It embarked from New York so being from Boston, this was much more convenient than flying to Florida. We've been to Disney twice and the thing that I love the most about the World is the Disney experience/hospitality. Everything is super clean and seems like "cast members" are there to wait on you hand and foot. I was quite curious to see if one would get the same service on the cruise and boy did they exceed my expectations. ALL the crew members were helpful, bent over backwards to meet our needs and best of all, never stopped smiling. My daughter quickly became friends with our room attendant (Nicole) and our waiters (Pong and Louis) who followed us from restaurant to restaurant pampered all members in our party (cutting my meat while I fed the baby, bringing my husband multiple entrees for dinner, seriously loved it!) and really tried to make sure we had a stress-less and fun dining experience. Continue reading... Disney Magic Magical? YUP!

Carnival Ecstasy Ecstasy-A relaxing trip. by PDsandman01
It was time to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. After honeymooning on Carnival Legend, we chose to spend our trip aboard Carnival Ecstasy on a five day itinerary to the Bahamas including Half Moon Cay, Nassau, and Freeport. This would be my 12th cruise overall, and my 9th with Carnival. My wife and I have been on 9 cruises together including this one. We are both in the 26 to 28 age range and have cruised from 3 day trips to 7 day trips including Bahamas, Mexico, Belize, Grand Cayman, and Roatan. I understand the value of these member reviews and appreciate those reviews in which I have read. With that said, this our account and view of the beautiful Carnival Ecstasy. Embarkation: The new terminal at Port Canaveral was very nice. We got to the terminal by shuttle at 11:45 and we had our Lido Lunch at noon. Continue reading... Ecstasy-A relaxing trip.

Avalon Visionary Low Hassle, Low Drama, Very Relaxed, with Beautiful Tours by BHappy2Day
This was my first River Cruise, after about 15 ocean cruises. I went with my sister, both of us in our 50s. Usually we travel with our husbands and/or children, but this was our "practice" River Cruise, just to see if we would like it. This was also our first time in Switzerland, Germany, eastern France and the Netherlands, and our main objective was to get a good look at this part of the world. We chose the Avalon Visionary, a new 128-passenger boat, for a 7-day Rhine 500-mile cruise due northward from Switzerland to Amsterdam, 9 to 16 September 2012. We traveled directly from JFK (NY) to Zurich overnight, Delta Business Class, with tickets purchased through Avalon. I got a lower airfare from Avalon than I could get on my own. We took the hotel shuttle--very easy--to the Zurich Airport Moevenpick, also booked through Avalon. The hotel was awesome, because the room was clean, modern and spacious, we got into the room at 8:30 am, and the hotel was easy walking distance to the tram that goes into Zurich, which we saw later that afternoon on our own. Continue reading... Low Hassle, Low Drama, Very Relaxed, with Beautiful Tours

Enchantment of the Seas ME/Canada 10/04 - 10/12/2012 by seagrams82
1st, we live in MD so getting to/from the Port in Baltimore was very convenient for us. We heard there are hotels in the area you can stay the night before and leave your car there at no charge, and the hotel provides free shuttle to/from the Port -- if this helps you. 2nd, we are not foodies, but we took home several food memories: the ship food was very good -- as always, some better than others, but we thought the dinner appetizers were extremely tasty with a nice variety of offerings. Many of the main course selections were very good too. The one night that lobster tail was offered (at no up charge), it was just ok but I had better lobster while in Maine and Canada so not a problem. Our dining room servers were wonderful. We have not cruised since 2008, so we learned RC no longer includes a midnight buffet which was totally fine since it is usually very pretty but not that tasty. There was plenty of food available at different times throughout the day/night. The coffee was good which I mention because I remember not liking it on our previous RC cruise several years ago. Great omelets, brown bread + other breakfast items. The pizza and burgers in the Solarium were just ok. I think Carnival's was much better but that was in 2008. I didn't like the soft serve ice cream either but didn't need the extra calories so not a huge issue. The dinner desserts were not that great the first few nights, but then progressively became better. Continue reading... ME/Canada 10/04 - 10/12/2012

Sapphire Princess Loved Princess by conwakr
We picked Princess because a number of friends had enjoyed the line. We enjoyed a day before and a day after in Vancouver which is a lovely small/large city. Embarkation was very organized and moved along quickly. We found our stateroom and appreciated the fact that it was immediately available. The rooms are smaller than other lines but perfectly adequate for 2 people. The closet/bathroom space I thought was generous and well organized. We enjoyed a leisurely lunch in the MDR and then explored the ship. our luggage was in our room when we returned from exploring. We thought the inside was tasteful and like the compact three story atrium. We seemed to gravitate there in the late afternoon every day to enjoy food, drink, music and people watching. Continue reading... Loved Princess

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; October 18th, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

Ad Sponsored By