"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Nov 4, 2012

Radio

Hello everyone. . . .

I will be leaving my house in a short while to hop on the AutoTrain to head down to Central Florida. . .

I will be spending 2 nights (Pre Cruise) in the Space Coast area before Sunday when I will be reporting “LIVE” from Freedom of the Seas.

It was a little “touch and go” to know for sure if I was driving or using the rails again (as I often do)

A terrible hurricane (Sandy) fouled up a lot of the rail between Lorton, VA and Sanford, FL. . .and AutoTrain was cancelled on October 30 and October 31.

Some area were flooded. . .some had large trees over the tracks. . .

I even heard that structures were forced on the rails and all of these things had to be repaired for the AutoTrain to roll.

The Northeast Corridor of the US was damaged more (much more) than points south of Maryland. . .

I should be arriving to Lorton by noon, and I will be boarding by around 3PM. The AutoTrain will leave

the Passenger Terminal at 4PM to head on her 995 mile journey to Central Florida.(Sanford)

It has been a few years since I sailed Freedom of the Seas (Aug 2009). That “LIVE” post can be

viewed HERE. I am looking forward to

all of the enhancements that have been recently installed as part of the Royal Advantage Upgrades.

Those of you who have followed my "LIVE" reports with RCI, NCL, HAL, and CCL already know that I will provide daily comments and trip reports from my sailing.

I will also try to post "LIVE" pics daily (as long as I am able to maintain a valid wireless connection)

I usually try to get around 20 pics per day to the boards. I will try to give those who are not onboard a taste of “Ship life” over the next few days.

Hopefully the weather will be good. . .the forecast is calling sunny skies (76f) for Sailaway on Sunday Nov 4th.

I am really looking forward to staying on the Space Coast for 2 night prior to boarding Freedom of the Seas.

The rough weather we have been having in Maryland has put me at an increased level of “Cruise Mode”

I will try to make some “LIVE” from Amtrak’s AutoTrain posts while relaxing tonight and tomorrow (hopefully my internet connection will cooperate)

So sit back, and relax . . . have a cup of Coffee ( there is a pretty good chance that I will be enjoying one)

Thanks for tuning in. . . .

Radio

;);)

Freedom of the Seas

FRCARIB.jpg

Image Courtesy of Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD

AutoTrain

AAT.JPG

©2012 National Railroad Passenger Corporation

Our Itinerary

ITINFR.JPG

Image Courtesy of Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD

Wahoo! There is Radio, was hoping you survived Sandy alright and she didn't mess up your cruise plans. I'm excited to cruise along with you before I leave on my cruise next Thursday and begin my live cruise report too. Hopefully it'll be as good as the one and only Radios. :-)

Happy Cruising Radio!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

It's the Eastern....

Can't wait to head to EWR tomorrow...this should be fun......sailing live with Radio and lots of other CCers (the Gators, MedicKen, 138east, etc etc etc....).....and I will also follow along, so that I do not miss anything!!

Safe travels Radio!!

Boo Hoo :(, I will miss this live report. I leave on Sunday for the Southern Caribbean on the Explorer (I hope). I will just have to read all this when I get back from my cruise. I will try to follow along until we leave home on Saturday for NJ.

Have a great cruise. Would certainly be nice to cruise with you one day. That would be.......:cool:

Gwen :)

Oh Great another live report!!!

Radio we sailed the Freedom on her Inaugural. Loved her, it's been a while.

Thanks for doing another Live.... it gives me something to look forward to since we probably will not be able to go on a cruise till 2014

Yeeha...get it on!:D

Radio, I have a request!!! Pretty please with sugar on it!! Go to the pub and take a photo of the dart board and alley to the right of the bar...if it's there:confused: Thanks so much...onward! Just 14 days till we fly away to PC.

Radio, wishing you a great Bon Voyage. Hope you like the Autotrain; we weren't impressed but we needed to move the car from New England to FL.

Big favor needed from a 5000 club member, I just spoke with a client, who will sail FOS; can you get a Show Schedul? They have early dining and want to make advanced reservations for the "shows". I believe the Ice show especially.

Enjoy your week on board the beautiful Freedom of the Seas.

Woo Hoo!!! I'm so excited to cruise along once again with Radio via my computer. Freedom is our FAV RCCL ship. We just returned 2 weeks ago from her celebrating my BIG 50th Birthday! Absolutely fabulous cruise! We booked the Eastern for next September which we have never done on Freedom. Can't wait for your live reports. Safe travels! Wanda

Archived