Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
- Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals
- Write a Norwegian Cruise Review
- Find Your Norwegian Roll Call
See posts about:
Norwegian Bliss
Norwegian Escape
Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Spirit

Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Gem
Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Star

Norwegian Dawn
Norwegian Getaway
Pride of America
Norwegian Sun

Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Jade
Norwegian Sky

Old November 6th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Can AARP Discount and Onboard Credit Be Combined?

Hi All. My father and I are booked on the Jewel Nov 25, 2012. I called today and upgraded us from a balcony to a mini-suite and received a 10% discount as he is an AARP member. I asked for the Onboard Credit advertised with the fare on the NCL website and was told they can't be combined. I didn't see anywhere on the website where this is stated. Anyone experienced this before? Shouldn't I receive the appropriate OBC as well? Thanks!

Old November 6th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

On my Epic transatlantic for next year we received our AARP discount (it was only 5% when wee booked) but we also got a $100 OBC. Now we did not book directly thru NCL so that may be the reason why we got it. I don't know how you booked. But the discount and OBC are both indicated on my initial booking statement. Hope this helps

Past Cruises....

NCL Spirit.......New England/Canada Sept '08
RCCL Freedom OTS....Eastern Caribbean Jan '09
NCL Majesty....Bermuda Oct '09
Carnival Dream....2 Night CTN Nov'09
NCL Pearl.....Alaska-Tracy Arm/Sawyer Glacier May '10
NCL Dawn.....Western Caribbean Oct '10
NCL Gem.....Bermuda Oct '11
RCCL Oasis OTS...Western Caribbean Sept 2012
NCL Epic .....Westbound Transatlantic....1st time in the Haven suites.....Oct 2013

Old November 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

I was told it depends on what aarp is offering at the time.

Have a cruise booked for this month and got both. One booked for next November and could not get both. Took the 450.00 obc It was larger than the aarp discount.

Old November 6th, 2012, 07:59 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardToPort View Post
Hi All. My father and I are booked on the Jewel Nov 25, 2012. I called today and upgraded us from a balcony to a mini-suite and received a 10% discount as he is an AARP member. I asked for the Onboard Credit advertised with the fare on the NCL website and was told they can't be combined. I didn't see anywhere on the website where this is stated. Anyone experienced this before? Shouldn't I receive the appropriate OBC as well? Thanks!
The DASH sale OBC is not combinable with the AARP discount. See Terms and Conditions of the AARP Discount which spells out which programs it is combinable with.

AARP Discount Terms and Conditions

To verify AARP & CARP member eligibility please provide name as it appears on the membership card, date of birth and zip code at time of booking. CARP members must provide their membership number & email address at time of booking.

In case of invalid membership, reservation will be re-priced to the prevailing rate; confirmation will be sent to notify.

"To request promotion, please call (866) 953-1936. These offers are non- transferable."

Offers are in U.S. Dollars and apply to select sailing(s). Fares are cruise only, per person, based on double occupancy.

Offers are for new individual FIT bookings only. New individual FIT reservations can be included into existing Groups.

5% discount offer (promo code AARP) for any cruise booked nine months prior to sailing date or any transatlantic sailing in 2012 or 2013.

Reduced Rate offer applies to a first and second guest in a stateroom; 3rd- 8th berth guests pay prevailing cruise fare.

AARP promo code combinable with promo codes: EASYFARE, UPFLEET, UPEVENT, LATITUDE, LATVIP, ENSEMBLE, TSAVER, TFGROUP, CHOLIDAY, VCOM, CSHOPPES, SIGNATUR, VIRTUOSO and Travel Partners Menu

Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's Terms and Conditions.

Government taxes, fees, and onboard service charges are additional.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the closing price of West Texas Intermediate Fuel increase above $65 per barrel on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile

Exchange Index). In the event a fuel supplement is charged, Norwegian Cruise Line will have sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge to both existing and new bookings, regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full. Such supplementary charges are not included in the cruise fare. The fuel supplement charge will not exceed $10.00 per passenger per day.

Offers are based on availability, are capacity controlled, and combinability with other offers is subject to change or cancellation at any time per Norwegian discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

Offer valid for AARP & CARP members, who are residents of the U.S. & Canada

Norwegian Cruise Line is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Ships registry: BAHAMAS and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. ©2012 NCL Corporation Ltd.

Terms and Conditions of the DASH Sale:

Booking Window: 11/6/12-11/9/12 11.59 PM EST

Applicable destinations*: 3 Day or longer open for sale sailings. All Destinations

Program Code: DASHSALE

Terms and Conditions
*1 & 2 Day sailings are excluded from the offer.
Offer is for New Individual FIT Reservations and New Group Delegates. Qualifying New Individual FIT reservations can be moved into existing Group and count towards Tour Conductor Credits. Offer is combinable with existing group block rates.
Reduced Deposit is 50% off the standard deposit. Reduced Deposit does not apply to The Haven and Suite categories.
Onboard credit has no monetary value and is non-transferable. It may not be used toward onboard service charges or prepurchased activities. Onboard credit is per stateroom, based on cruise length and category booked.
Onboard Credit is applied to the 1st and 2nd guest on the reservation. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full onboard credit value.
Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's Terms and Conditions.
For reduced deposit reservations cancelled during deposit fee period, fee amount will be assessed in line with terms of booked promotion
Government taxes & fees, and onboard service charges are additional.
Not applicable to Chartered Dates and Group Types: INCREG & INCLARGE
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the closing price of West Texas Intermediate Fuel increase above $65 per barrel on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile
Exchange Index). In the event a fuel supplement is charged, Norwegian Cruise Line will have sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge to both existing and new bookings, regardless of whether such bookings have
been paid in full. Such supplementary charges are not included in the cruise fare. The fuel supplement charge will not exceed $10.00 per passenger per day
Offer is capacity controlled, subject to availability, subject to change without notice, may be withdrawn at any time, and will be applied to select sailings/ select categories.
Offer combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
Applicable to NCLMIAMI and NCLINTL
Norwegian Cruise Line is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Ships' registry: BAHAMAS and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. ©2012 NCL Corporation

Old November 6th, 2012, 10:24 PM
5,000+ Club

There you go, Peg! That's what I'd determined, but couldn't cut and paste all that w/ my iPad.
NCL Majesty 05/02, NCL Majesty 06/03, NCL Majesty 06/05 ,NCL Majesty 06/06, NCL Spirit 04/07, NCL Majesty 06/07, NCL Majesty 10/07, NCL Gem 01/08 (Mmm.. New Ship Smell), NCL Dream 5/08, NCL Dream 6/08, NCL Dawn 10/08, NCL Gem 01/09 (best cruise yet! ), NCL Pearl Alaska 6/09 (WOW!),NCL Spirit 09/09 , NCL Gem 1/10, NCL Epic 6/10...Most Excellent!, Mahalo Pride of America 4/11, NCL Star Panama Canal 10/11, NCL Spirit 2/12, NCL Sky 5/12, NCL Epic Med 10/12, Breakaway One Night from Rotterdam 4/13, Breakaway TA 4/13, NCL Star Norway & Faroe Islands 9/13, NCL Gem Eastern Caribbean 1/14, NCL Jewel...GV to Alaska!, 10/14 NCL Dawn Bermuda

197 days and counting...

Cruise on deck!

NCL Pearl - Southern Caribbean Baby

Travel Blog -->http://cubechick.wordpress.com/

Travel photos -->http://www.flickr.com/photos/39515557@N04/collections/

Old November 7th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default You Guys Are Great!

Thanks for the response to my AARP query. Fortunately, when I first booked, my Dad didn't have AARP. So we went from balcony to suite for very little money when the AARP discount factored in. I guess hoping for an OBC as well is a little greedy!!

Boy, I need a vacation!

Old November 7th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

I had this issue come up recently with my PCC. A couple weeks ago they advertised both an AARP (AARP1 code) 10% discount and 50% off deposit. When I asked to book the email reply showed what amounted to a 5% discount and the PCC stated that the two could not be combined. I asked for explaination on his statements as the AARP 10% terms and conditions does not include the statement in red shown in the eariler post. I could not find anything in either ad that limited combining.
Reply was that the 10% was only applied to the fare MINUS NON-COMM fare, whatever that is. I stated that I was disapointed in NCL as I expected a higher level when it comes to straight and clear advertisement and asked for him to show me where on the web site that any of this is listed. He replied that he had no additional information in writing...only his word in the emails.
I said, sorry, I will wait to book.
NCL Sky B2B April 2012
NCL Sky Nov 2012
NCL Star TA Oct 2014