Can AARP Discount and Onboard Credit Be Combined?

HardToPort

Hi All. My father and I are booked on the Jewel Nov 25, 2012. I called today and upgraded us from a balcony to a mini-suite and received a 10% discount as he is an AARP member. I asked for the Onboard Credit advertised with the fare on the NCL website and was told they can't be combined. I didn't see anywhere on the website where this is stated. Anyone experienced this before? Shouldn't I receive the appropriate OBC as well? Thanks! :cool:

On my Epic transatlantic for next year we received our AARP discount (it was only 5% when wee booked) but we also got a $100 OBC. Now we did not book directly thru NCL so that may be the reason why we got it. I don't know how you booked. But the discount and OBC are both indicated on my initial booking statement. Hope this helps

Hi All. My father and I are booked on the Jewel Nov 25, 2012. I called today and upgraded us from a balcony to a mini-suite and received a 10% discount as he is an AARP member. I asked for the Onboard Credit advertised with the fare on the NCL website and was told they can't be combined. I didn't see anywhere on the website where this is stated. Anyone experienced this before? Shouldn't I receive the appropriate OBC as well? Thanks! :cool:

The DASH sale OBC is not combinable with the AARP discount. See Terms and Conditions of the AARP Discount which spells out which programs it is combinable with.

AARP Discount Terms and Conditions

To verify AARP & CARP member eligibility please provide name as it appears on the membership card, date of birth and zip code at time of booking. CARP members must provide their membership number & email address at time of booking.

In case of invalid membership, reservation will be re-priced to the prevailing rate; confirmation will be sent to notify.

"To request promotion, please call (866) 953-1936. These offers are non- transferable."

Offers are in U.S. Dollars and apply to select sailing(s). Fares are cruise only, per person, based on double occupancy.

Offers are for new individual FIT bookings only. New individual FIT reservations can be included into existing Groups.

5% discount offer (promo code AARP) for any cruise booked nine months prior to sailing date or any transatlantic sailing in 2012 or 2013.

Reduced Rate offer applies to a first and second guest in a stateroom; 3rd- 8th berth guests pay prevailing cruise fare.

AARP promo code combinable with promo codes: EASYFARE, UPFLEET, UPEVENT, LATITUDE, LATVIP, ENSEMBLE, TSAVER, TFGROUP, CHOLIDAY, VCOM, CSHOPPES, SIGNATUR, VIRTUOSO and Travel Partners Menu

Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's Terms and Conditions.

Government taxes, fees, and onboard service charges are additional.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the closing price of West Texas Intermediate Fuel increase above $65 per barrel on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile

Exchange Index). In the event a fuel supplement is charged, Norwegian Cruise Line will have sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge to both existing and new bookings, regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full. Such supplementary charges are not included in the cruise fare. The fuel supplement charge will not exceed $10.00 per passenger per day.

Offers are based on availability, are capacity controlled, and combinability with other offers is subject to change or cancellation at any time per Norwegian discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

Offer valid for AARP & CARP members, who are residents of the U.S. & Canada

Norwegian Cruise Line is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Ships registry: BAHAMAS and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. ©2012 NCL Corporation Ltd.

Terms and Conditions of the DASH Sale:

Booking Window: 11/6/12-11/9/12 11.59 PM EST

Applicable destinations*: 3 Day or longer open for sale sailings. All Destinations

Program Code: DASHSALE

Terms and Conditions

*1 & 2 Day sailings are excluded from the offer.

Offer is for New Individual FIT Reservations and New Group Delegates. Qualifying New Individual FIT reservations can be moved into existing Group and count towards Tour Conductor Credits. Offer is combinable with existing group block rates.

Reduced Deposit is 50% off the standard deposit. Reduced Deposit does not apply to The Haven and Suite categories.

Onboard credit has no monetary value and is non-transferable. It may not be used toward onboard service charges or prepurchased activities. Onboard credit is per stateroom, based on cruise length and category booked.

Onboard Credit is applied to the 1st and 2nd guest on the reservation. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full onboard credit value.

Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's Terms and Conditions.

For reduced deposit reservations cancelled during deposit fee period, fee amount will be assessed in line with terms of booked promotion

Government taxes & fees, and onboard service charges are additional.

Not applicable to Chartered Dates and Group Types: INCREG & INCLARGE

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the closing price of West Texas Intermediate Fuel increase above $65 per barrel on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile

Exchange Index). In the event a fuel supplement is charged, Norwegian Cruise Line will have sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge to both existing and new bookings, regardless of whether such bookings have

been paid in full. Such supplementary charges are not included in the cruise fare. The fuel supplement charge will not exceed $10.00 per passenger per day

Offer is capacity controlled, subject to availability, subject to change without notice, may be withdrawn at any time, and will be applied to select sailings/ select categories.

Offer combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

Applicable to NCLMIAMI and NCLINTL

Norwegian Cruise Line is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Ships' registry: BAHAMAS and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. ©2012 NCL Corporation

Thanks for the response to my AARP query. Fortunately, when I first booked, my Dad didn't have AARP. So we went from balcony to suite for very little money when the AARP discount factored in. I guess hoping for an OBC as well is a little greedy!! :D

Boy, I need a vacation!

I had this issue come up recently with my PCC. A couple weeks ago they advertised both an AARP (AARP1 code) 10% discount and 50% off deposit. When I asked to book the email reply showed what amounted to a 5% discount and the PCC stated that the two could not be combined. I asked for explaination on his statements as the AARP 10% terms and conditions does not include the statement in red shown in the eariler post. I could not find anything in either ad that limited combining.

Reply was that the 10% was only applied to the fare MINUS NON-COMM fare, whatever that is. I stated that I was disapointed in NCL as I expected a higher level when it comes to straight and clear advertisement and asked for him to show me where on the web site that any of this is listed. He replied that he had no additional information in writing...only his word in the emails.

I said, sorry, I will wait to book.

Archived