Wine on Princess?

coolkris666

Im going on the caribbean princess aug 27th and my sicilian boyfriend is all about drinking wine. i heard that you can bring aboard ur own wine onto princess.. how do we go about doing that and how much can we bring? i could see him bring a jug ..

thanks

kristie

I just left the CB last week. I took five bottles of wine. Packed them in my carry-on. If you take them to the dining rooms/restaurants they charge you a $10 corkage fee. Obviously, no charge if you open them in your romm or on your baclony. It is permitted to bring wine on board.

We all know that Princess allows us to bring wine onboard, so I was surprised when I saw this info right here on the Cruise Critic web site regarding Princess's policy about alcohol:

Bringing wine or Champagne onboard: Allowed if purchased during a port visit; not allowed at embarkation. May be consumed in restaurants or in staterooms. When brought to restaurants, a $10 corkage fee applies.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=40

You can buy a wine shipper (basically a cardboard box with a "clamshell" styrofoam insert) which will hold 6 or 12 bottles.Or you can contact "Just Because of You" in FL...they will deliver wine,beer,& water directly to your stateroom so you won't have to deal with lugging it through airports...:eek:

We all know that Princess allows us to bring wine onboard, so I was surprised when I saw this info right here on the Cruise Critic web site regarding Princess's policy about alcohol:

Bringing wine or Champagne onboard: Allowed if purchased during a port visit; not allowed at embarkation. May be consumed in restaurants or in staterooms. When brought to restaurants, a $10 corkage fee applies.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=40

The info provided by Cruise Critic is incorrect. Bringing wine and champagne onboard is allowed at embarkation or during any port visit. This has been discussed before.. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=37160&highlight=princess+liquor+policy

Largin is definitely correct, the CC info is wrong. One can bring wine and champagne onboard at embarkation and from a port. We've brought wine onboard on each of our cruises without any problems.

When I posted that link, I posted the message that it was as incorrect statement...

I just thought it was interesting that the incorrect info was on the Cruise Critic web site.

Guess I missed the incorrect part in your original post.. :D

okie dokie..... :D

Is it really necessary to be so argumentative, Larry? That's a very unattractive quality, and I am quite certain that it is responses like the one above which causes people to hesitate to post here on these boards.

Can't you be a bit nicer?

Dear LARGIN,

Dreamer333 is correct. You seem to want to argue with him/her, and maybe you should be a bit nicer to the other writers.

I am being very bold by writing my opinion here, because I know that I am bound to get some angry responses, but I think it is the mother in me that doesn't approve of bullies, or bully-behavior.

I am sure you have a lovely personality, but it doesn't come accross very well on some of the things that I have been reading from you over the past several weeks. As a matter of fact, you were one of the writers who made me very hesitant to write down my questions on this web site.

I hope you don't get mad at me for writing this, LARGIN. I hope that while I am getting many lessons about cruising, than maybe I can get a chance to give a small lesson here or there.

Please do not think I am picking on you, LARGIN. I am sure that you contain much knowledge about cruising, and I can probably learn much from you.

Sincerely,

Lucille

Dear LARGIN,

Dreamer333 is correct. You seem to want to argue with him/her, and maybe you should be a bit nicer to the other writers.

I am being very bold by writing my opinion here, because I know that I am bound to get some angry responses, but I think it is the mother in me that doesn't approve of bullies, or bully-behavior.

I am sure you have a lovely personality, but it doesn't come accross very well on some of the things that I have been reading from you over the past several weeks. As a matter of fact, you were one of the writers who made me very hesitant to write down my questions on this web site.

I hope you don't get mad at me for writing this, LARGIN. I hope that while I am getting many lessons about cruising, than maybe I can get a chance to give a small lesson here or there.

Please do not think I am picking on you, LARGIN. I am sure that you contain much knowledge about cruising, and I can probably learn much from you.

Sincerely,

Lucille

What is all this fuss? It doesn't appear terribly argumentative from what I am reading from Largin. Just what am I missing?

I am being very bold by writing my opinion here, because I know that I am bound to get some angry responses, but I think it is the mother in me that doesn't approve of bullies, or bully-behavior

Lucille, I think you are a wise woman!! :D

And unfortunately, you are correct... you will (and have already) gotten some not-so-kind responses to your opinion. Just take them with a grain of salt.

(And WELCOME to the boards!!)

Dear Dreamer333.. Okie dokie means I concur with what you said. What kind of an arguement is that?

To Lucille0701, lighten up and check out my 3600+ posts on this board that give great info to new and old cruisers.. I resent the fact that you are calling me a bully... Your original post said your here hesitant to ask questions.. Well go ahead and ask..

Dear Dreamer333.. Okie dokie means I concur with what you said. What kind of an arguement is that?

If you were sincerly "concuring" with what I said, than I apologize. To me, it seemed sarcastic.

I also apologize if I seem as tho I am over-reacting to this particular post. I guess I am just frustrated that you seem to respond to many of my posts in not such a nice way.

Archived