The Splendor and Misery of Celebrity: Eclipse and S-Class Ships Review in Pictures

cruisetrail

The Library (Atrium, Decks 10 and 11)

2ebwh95.jpg

2130j0l.jpg

1zyctw1.jpg

5n7ouw.jpg

"Team Earth" (Atrium)

2zf8t8l.jpg

The Atrium overall

Gorgeous.

The focal point of the ship interiors.

Very impressive, soaring, cold in tone but elegant.

It's huge in volume and adds gross tonnage to the ship (the tonnage of the ships is measured in volume, not in weight: 1 ton = 100 cubic feet) but turned out to be not as large in usable space. The dance floor is relatively small.

166m88h.jpg

Some more Atrium.

qytk01.jpg

From the dome to Team Earth (note the card Room between the Library and Team Earth)

8vt99v.jpg

Now from the Library down to the dance floor

xdh8u9.jpg

The Atrium is quite a noisy place with loud music. This makes the Library and other facilities located here rather decorative than really functional.

The most desirable cabins (on the "hump") are located right here. Note the additional pair of doors for connecting cabins - this is how they are connected (no doors in the walls inside) - very clever technical decision.

6elu8g.jpg

Some more Atrium.

qytk01.jpg

From the dome to Team Earth (note the card Room between the Library and Team Earth)

8vt99v.jpg

Now from the Library down to the dance floor

xdh8u9.jpg

The Atrium is quite a noisy place with loud music. This makes the Library and other facilities located here rather decorative than really functional.

The most desirable cabins (on the "hump") are located right here. Note the additional pair of doors for connecting cabins - this is how they are connected (no doors in the walls inside) - very clever technical decision.

6elu8g.jpg

We loved our rooms on the hump near the elevators. However, at times a lot of loud music from te Atrium made it difficult to sleep.

Having stayed in 6208 on Eclipse, quite close to the elevators and just a couple of floors up from the dance floor in the atrium, we found that once we went into our room and closed the door, the music didn't bother us.

We tried to use the library and game rooms, and agree that there was way too much noise coming up from below to make them usable when we wanted to, but we found other locations.

We love the outer door style of connecting cabins rather than the mid-wall style.

Having stayed in 6208 on Eclipse, quite close to the elevators and just a couple of floors up from the dance floor in the atrium, we found that once we went into our room and closed the door, the music didn't bother us.

We tried to use the library and game rooms, and agree that there was way too much noise coming up from below to make them usable when we wanted to, but we found other locations.

We love the outer door style of connecting cabins rather than the mid-wall style.

It is a good design feature.:D

Various Public Rooms

2r2n584.jpg

av553n.jpg

312xml5.jpg

To be continued.

Thanks for the wonderful photographs.

We will be on Eclipse for the first time at the end of next month and have looked at lots of photographs of the ship but do not think that we have seen this room before. Can someone tell me what it is, please? My guess would be Michael's Club but I could be wrong.

Sue

The pictures of the ship look really great! You take some really good pictures.

I'm going on a TA aboard the Eclipse in April. I will have my iPad with me, so the library won't be of use to me. Looking at these photos and other photos I have seen of the library makes me wonder though.... are the higher shelves of the library just for looks or do they hold actual books people can read?

Lovely pics.

I do like that clean minimalist almost clinical look a lot in hotels. I am ping on my first Celebrity cruise on the Solstice in March and while I know there are some differences between ships I hope it is similar in tone ( and form other pics I've seen I think it is).

We will be on Eclipse for the first time at the end of next month and have looked at lots of photographs of the ship but do not think that we have seen this room before. Can someone tell me what it is, please? My guess would be Michael's Club but I could be wrong.

Sue

Winecellars, which I think is on deck 5.

Bit of a white elephant, just like Michaels club

I'm going on a TA aboard the Eclipse in April. I will have my iPad with me, so the library won't be of use to me. Looking at these photos and other photos I have seen of the library makes me wonder though.... are the higher shelves of the library just for looks or do they hold actual books people can read?

If you look at the books on the shelves above head height you will notice that they all appear to be similar multi coloured thick hard back books stacked various ways (some vertical and some horizontal). And they all look like reference books ( the sort you get for dictionaries, atlases, encyclopedias).

It's just a guess but I reckon anything above head height that looks like that is just for show ( they just look to stage managed by someone's impression of a library). The shelves lower down look much more sparse.

Sue

I think the first 2 are of Michaels Club and the 3rd one is Cellar Masters.

I think the first 2 are of Michaels Club and the 3rd one is Cellar Masters.

You are right, Cellar Masters is a great spot as it is often very quiet and people think they only serve wine from the machine - not true!

Sue

Sue, this picture is Cellarmasters.

Archived