Carnival BREEZE Two-Day Cruise (Bahamas) LOTS of Photos! 11-22-2012

valancy1

Hello all,

Back from our 2-day aboard the Carnival Breeze. I will be adding LOTS of pictures. Feel free to ask questions about the ship--I am not sure another 2-day cruise to the Bahamas is on future itineraries for this ship, but all I can say about her is WOW.

We had no choice but to fly in the day of the cruise. Thanksgiving Day was sunny and so I was hopeful that nothing would hamper our delay into Miami. (We flew on miles and cruised on points, so we had to do it "their" way. LOL)

How fun for us to get upgraded to 1st class AND then see this on our final approach/landing into MIA:

DSC_1659.jpg

DSC_1658.jpg

So exciting to see the Breeze (along with Destiny, we later found out) as we were coming in.

When we got to the airport, some guy asked if we were going to the port of Miami (we just were going to cab it to the port as there is a flat rate of $24 plus "specials" for additional people). He put us in his van (it was licensed as a livery) and away we went for $25.

When we got there, there were all sorts of these fun banner signs:

DSC_1664.jpg

DSC_1665.jpg

DSC_1666.jpg

DSC_1667.jpg

Boarding didn't seem to be too bad... how odd it was that the biggest ship of the fleet had this long queue and 4 people tending to us checking our boarding passes and passports before we went in through security. It seemed strange and a new process, because once we went through security and went upstairs via escalator, it was the same terminal we've always been in...

At the top of the escalator after security... haha

DSC_1669.jpg

The terminal:

DSC_1670.jpg

DSC_1672.jpg

We didn't get a boarding number, so I asked the lady after getting our keys what we should do. She said that she would let us go with the next group. Even though we got there around 1 p.m., they were still handing out numbers. Don't know how we got missed. Oh well, we waited around about 15 minutes... maybe 20, and then we were invited on the ship!

DSC_1674.jpg

Cove balconies from the outside:

DSC_1675.jpg

Almost there....

DSC_1678.jpg

The lobby was impressive. I took a jillion pictures of the lobby... I loved these thingies hanging down in the main atrium.

DSC_1679.jpg

DSC_1681.jpg

We were on Deck 2, so we just walked directly to our room. This is the carpeting on that deck:

DSC_1683.jpg

We had a cove balcony and loved it. Loved the decorations and the setup of the room:

DSC_1684.jpg

DSC_1689.jpg

DSC_1690.jpg

DSC_1699.jpg

With lunch done, it was time to go exploring.

The ship is a Dream-class ship. So instead of the "action" happening on 9, it happens on 10. The 10th deck is still Lido, so the 9th deck is called Vista.

Lots of places like this to sit outside:

DSC_1715.jpg

The sushi bar. It is no longer free and you have to make a reservation to eat there. I don't care for sushi, but I thought this restaurant area (on deck 5) was beautiful:

DSC_1713.jpg

DSC_1714.jpg

Entrance into the Red Frog Pub (on deck 5):

DSC_1712.jpg

DSC_1711.jpg

The nightclub, called "Liquid" was fun to explore. We aren't nightclub people, per se, but I did enjoy going in there and taking snaps...

DSC_1710.jpg

DSC03921.jpg

DSC03922.jpg

DSC03916.jpg

DSC03923.jpg

Somewhere near Liquid, if my memory serves me right, are some of the kids' clubs. Club O2 ROCKED. I thought kids/teens would be lucky to hang out in this place, and boy, did they ever. The last night, we walked past there, and it was packed with teens. Pics to follow...

We wanted to go to the dining room to see our table, but also to get Barry's gluten-free menu ordered. So we found the Blush first, but we needed to get to the Sapphire to get the information.

DSC_1727.jpg

DSC_1726.jpg

DSC_1719.jpg

DSC_1720.jpg

Along the promenade on deck 4 (they call it the Mezzanine) the dining room has glass floor-to-ceiling windows and tables nooked and crannied in there so people strolling along the mezzanine can see people eating and vice versa.

The Blush dining room was spectacular, too:

DSC_1746.jpg

DSC_1748.jpg

The chandeliers were actually teeny tiny LED lights and when the dancing and singing occurred, they changed colors and blinked on and off really fast in accordance with the beat of the music.

DSC_1757.jpg

One of the very few times I was disappointed with my table:

DSC_1756.jpg

They stuck us in the WAY BACK on the 2nd floor by a prep station. I mean, we were butted up to the prep station. Yuck. Plus, our wait staff never bothered to get to know us and they were very confused about what they were doing--it was very clear.

So next time I don't like my table, I will ask to be switched. I've never complained and I know there are people who probably like sitting in the back on the second floor--I'm just not one of them. I like being on the main floor and seeing the singing and dancing.

The maitre d sang a song both nights. IT WAS FABULOUS! This happened before the dancing waiters. FUN (but we had to get up and walk over to the railing to see it.)

Blush chandeliers changing colors:

DSC_1774.jpg

DSC_1773.jpg

As we were wandering around, I remembered reading on John Heald's FB page that he was going to be in the Limelight Lounge from 2:30 to 3:30. It was 3:10 or so and I exclaimed to Barry that we had to get back there and quick.

I made comment on his FB comments that I didn't have any special requests, no complaints, nothing to ask of him. I just wanted to stop by and say hi.

So we hustled over there. Sure enough before I even saw him, I heard his voice. We rounded the corner, and there he was. He grabbed my hand as he made comment about Barry's height (he said, "He's not stopped growning, has he.") and we talked just a wee bit. I asked after Heidi and Kye. But the look of appreciation on his face when we told him how spectacular the ship was, was something I won't ever forget.

He was so warm and so wonderful. I so want to cruise with him someday.

When I asked if we could take a quick picture, he said, "It would be my honor." I understand why he is a brand ambassador for this cruise line. I just loved him and wished we could have spent more time together.

DSC03914.jpg

DSC_1722.jpg

DSC_1735.jpg

I was thrilled when we went into "Cherry on Top" and found SUGAR-FREE GUMMY BEARS and other sugar-free offerings. I didn't find the prices to be too ridiculous either.

DSC_1736.jpg

The Red Frog pub:

DSC_1759.jpg

DSC_1760.jpg

This was a neat hang-out place for grown-ups. Many times as we ambled through there, people were hanging out over a drink or a card-game. Very nice vibe in the RFP.

Day Two, Nassau Bahamas

DSC03962.jpg

We decided just to stroll into town and see what we could see. There are a LOT of places to shop on Bay Street. If you're not a shopper, you would want to book some sort of excursion or stay on the ship. We thought we could browse around town and then come back and get on the ship and enjoy the pools.

However, it clouded up and rained a couple of times and stayed chilly so the pools didn't happen. Instead we walked around and took pictures. Lots of them. LOL

On Vista deck, the main pool area:

DSC_1810.jpg

DSC_1811.jpg

Carnival Sensation was next door:

DSC_1812.jpg

DSC_1813.jpg

DSC_1814.jpg

DSC_1821.jpg

DSC_1822.jpg

DSC_1824.jpg

DSC_1825.jpg

DSC_1826.jpg

DSC_1827.jpg

All of these pics are of the Sports Cube and Waterworks 2.0. LOTS to do on this deck, 2 above Lido. Mini golf, ropes course, basketball, fitness equipment, running track, ping pong, etc... LOTS to do and be busy with. As well as a bar and hot dog stand.

Love all the photos. Thank you for taking the time to do this. My family and I board on the 8th. Thirteen more days! It looks like you had a good time. What a random table assignment. I wonder if it was just over booked due to it being the inaugural or if that really is the plan all the time?