On Board Ship Store - Liquor purchase

I'm sure these have been answered before but despite my searching I can't locate the answers....

If I want to purchase liquor on board to take to room it appears from other threads that I can do so if I pay a fee ( I hope this hasn't changed). My questions...

- Is it still true that if you purchase the first night you pay one fee for all bottles purchased as opposed to a per bottle fee if purchased other nights?

- Our cruise in June on AOS doesn't depart San Juan until 10 pm. Can we purchase from store before ship sails or must ship have left the port?

- Any idea how to find out what brands of Liquor the on Board Ship store sells? ...I'm partial to Crown Royal and Grey Goose

Thanks for your help!

I'm sure these have been answered before but despite my searching I can't locate the answers....

If I want to purchase liquor on board to take to room it appears from other threads that I can do so if I pay a fee ( I hope this hasn't changed). My questions...

- Is it still true that if you purchase the first night you pay one fee for all bottles purchased as opposed to a per bottle fee if purchased other nights?

People are reporting that they aren't seeing this any more. Unless an employee makes a mistake in your favor, they are charging PER BOTTLE.

- Our cruise in June on AOS doesn't depart San Juan until 10 pm. Can we purchase from store before ship sails or must ship have left the port?
No, they don't open the stores until you are a certain distance out to sea.

- Any idea how to find out what brands of Liquor the on Board Ship store sells? ...I'm partial to Crown Royal and Grey Goose
I have seen Crown Royal on each cruise; I saw Grey Goose sometimes, but simply didn't notice other times.

Carol

We were charged a per bottle fee in January on Splendour as well as on Mariner last January. We were able to pay for the liquor prior to sail away at a booth located in the center of the shops but had to come back for it when the shops opened. This was an hour or so after we left port. We have purchased Goose on the Splendour as well as Mariner. I don't think you will have any problems with it being carried. Crown is also carried.

Thanks for the help....looks like OK on the selection if buy on board.

Appears from what I've read ove rthe weekend that it is possible that others have just bought liquor at San Juan pier and carry on. Has anyone done this recently? Do I need to board ship, then leave to purchase or can I just purchase before I first board?

Archived